Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I double my serving sizes for my protein shakes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I double my serving sizes for my protein shakes??

Below is a blurb from the supplement facts for my protein. Its a mix of whey and casein. its a 3lb bottle and has about 18 servings. should i take twos servings at a time? Im not sure how much the body can absorb at once, but 35g doesnt seem like much. Im not getting nearly enough of it from my food intake, so i have to somewhat make up for it with the drinks. Im cutting right now and my stack and weight are in my sig. Thanks in advance,
    Nino

here are the top few amt per serving
    serving size-3 scoops (75g)
    calories- 340
    cals fm fat- 130
    total fat- 14g
    saturated fat- 13g
    trans fat 0g
    cholesterol- 40mg
    total carbs- 20g
    dietry fiber- 2g
    sugars- 2g
    protein- 35g
    vit a 45000iu
    vit c 50mg
    vit d 240iu
    vit e 45iu
    vit k 40mcg
    thiamin .9mg
    riboflavin 1.02mg
    niacin 20mg
    folic acid 400mcg
    The stack:
    PW-GG-GB-GM-BU-RA-Designer Whey protien

THE MAN:
    5'9
    197.5 LBS
    BF% 29

I wouldn't double it at one time, 70 grams is alot of protein to take in at one time. If it is mixable with milk you should add milk and some oats to give you some more protein. Since your not getting enough from food, you could have one serving in the morning and another at night.

I don't know if you are, but if you are on a 1.5g protein per pound diet, you would want to consume about 270g protein according to your weight and with six meals a day, you would want about 45g per meal.

Comment

What are you taking in food wise?

Comment

no, as far as my shakes. I have muscle milk & oats and it has 30g of protein per serving also. I prefer to drink it with milk, but on the ship we have UHT (ultra high temp treated) not the best tasting stuff at all! Sometimes the stuff tastes spoiled
        The stack:

THE MAN:
        5'9
        197.5 LBS
        BF% 29

Comment

You shouldn't rely on your shakes as your sole source of protein, shakes are to make up for when you cannot get to actual food. Since you are on ship, I would not double up but maybe take more shakes through out the day. Try to eat around every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Batting333's advice is solid.

Comment

well being friends with the cooks helps alot, but i cant cook what I like at any given moment. I wish it were that easy I eat about 2 or 3 of the muscle milk and oats a day, so thats 90g right there. I eat as much chicken as possible, a thing of tuna or two. Its just tough! Thanks for the advise though, I appreciate it!
            The stack:

THE MAN:
            5'9
            197.5 LBS
            BF% 29

Comment

If you want to add in a little more then go for it but dont double it because thats to much protein. Add oats and make it with milk and you will have a 55-60 gram protein drink.
              \
              JDub

Comment

Working...
              X