traps work in a 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traps work in a 5x5

i'm in the third week of my first 5x5 program so i'm doing bill stars program model. Is this program going to give my traps enough work or should i add shrugs? Everyone has there favorate muscle to work and mine are my traps.

everytime i post pics people compliment on my traps.. and to be honest, i dont really work them ever with weights.lol

I shrug about 1x a month.. if that.. but I do alot of rows + lat work...

rows:
    cable rows (high, low), lawn moawer rows, bent over rows, T-bar rows

lats:
    side lats, front raises, concentrated side lates, conc front raises, smith lat raise thing (rarely), plate raises etc

and I'm working on doing more and more pullups, I think their the best for the whole upper back/trap/shoulder area.

a typical shoulder/back day for me

military presses (seated, or standing - DB or str bar) - sometimes seated on swiss balls
    super set with a different military press (because I like to).

deadlift or straight leg deadlift

a row exercise

a shoulder exercise (pulls, pullovers, reverse pec decks, rear delts?)

another row (diff than first - ie if first cable, go DBs etc)

something back - maybe the other deadlift, weighted back ext, bent over rows (they kind of hit the lower back)

1 more shoulder - usually go with a lat/front raise type movement here

1 more back - usually save back ext here, good ender + its closer to my ab circuit post weights

finish with pullups (unless you start w/pullups... change the timing every week)

idk, my shoulders are pretty developed.. and their fucked up -- dont align right, from years of baseball + torn rotator cuff once or twice

I also carry trays on my shoulder/arm all day long at work, that can be extremely taxing sometimes, specially on shoulder/back days.

Comment

Originally posted by Batting333
      i'm in the third week of my first 5x5 program so i'm doing bill stars program model. Is this program going to give my traps enough work or should i add shrugs? Everyone has there favorate muscle to work and mine are my traps.
      the dls should work your traps enough , and some assitance work with bb rows should do the trick too
      but i guess if its your fav you could do shrugs on firdays instead of curls
      Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

You shouldn't need to add shrugs. Your traps get hit pretty hard doing deadlifts and rows.

Comment

Working...
        X