Need help designing a cutting program for a month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help designing a cutting program for a month

To make a long story short, i will be at home (college kid) for one month over the summer, during this time i have a 25lb. barbell with 4-10lb. 2-5-lb. and 2-2.5lb. plates. ALso theres a treadmill and cycle. I need a basic program to help me cut like hell for a month and I dont have time to get a membership for only one month

Supps:
    Hydroxy hardcore
    Blue up
    Fish oil
    Flax oil
    L- Carnitine (might not use it for this month since not doing much bulking)

I plan on doing a lot of running/jogging but seeing that I am a bit heavy my endurence is sheety at best!

Can I get some tips and help designing a program for this month?

P.S. reps and reach arounds for those that can give me good advice
    Ht: 6'1"
    Wt: 200 lb.s
    BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
    17% (8/2/06)
    Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Wait your trying to cut 25lbs? Also I doubt you could do much with that weight. Any current stats? Height, BF, Big 3?

Comment

nope, i am hoping to shave 5% bf in one month, hoping

current stats:
      6'1"
      200 lb.
      bf ~ 22-24%

pics in picture thread under talk tha talk (I'm soft around the midsection )
      17% (8/2/06)
      Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

Comment

Originally posted by Former_Fatkid
        nope, i am hoping to shave 5% bf in one month, hoping

current stats:
        6'1"
        200 lb.
        bf ~ 22-24%

pics in picture thread under talk tha talk (I'm soft around the midsection )
        Yea losing that much BF in that amount of time isnt going to do any good really, you going to have to lose 15lbs+ to lose 5% BF (10lbs of fat) since your going to lose some muscle and water weight also.

I would add like Lean Green, and maybe SAN Blaze after you take the Hydroxcut

Comment

oh yeah, i used to take green tea but i never bought another bottle so i forgot about it, thanx

added to supp list:

Green Tea Extract

so you're saying I should aim for less of a drop in bf%??
          17% (8/2/06)
          Age 20

Comment

oh yeah, i used to take green tea but i never bought another bottle so i forgot about it, thanx

added to supp list:

Green Tea Extract

so you're saying I should aim for less of a drop in bf%??
            Make sure you get Lean Green, it has 50% ECGC, the stuff you want. Some other products only have 5-10% ECGC.

But yes I would go with a 12week diet, I like carb cycling the best with an HST routine. Like this,
            Monday - HST - LM Carb Post WO
            Tuesday - No Carb
            Wednesday - HST, LM carbs post WO
            Thursday - No-Carbs
            Friday - HST - LM carbs post WO
            Saturday - No-Exercise - Carb Refeed Day 250-300g complex carbs.
            Have a cheat meal if you need one )(Eat around matience calories on this day also)
            Sunday - No Exercise - No-Carb Day

Do this for like 12weeks and you will see results, and on no carb days some carbs are fine. Like heres a typical meal day for me:
            Wake Up:1scoop of Whey,1cup of Egg Whites, 1/4cup of Nutts
            Meal 2:8oz Chicken, 2cups of Green Beans, 2tbsp Peanut Butter(Natty)
            Meal 3:10oz Chicken, 2cups of a veggie,1/4cup of Nutts
            Meal 4:10oz Tilapia, 2cups of veggies,
            Meal 5:10oz Lean Meat, Big Salad, 2tbsp Oil + Vingear for dressing
            Meal 6:2cups of Egg whites, 1/4cup of Nutts
            Last edited by LancerV; 06-06-2006, 07:26 PM.

Comment

HST while cutting?
              Toughman 2008 Competitor...Why'd I have to fight the winner of the WHOLE THING in the first fight?!?! Training for next year...

Comment

My opinion might differ from that of others here, but given your time frame and possible routine I'd stay away from spending the $$$ on more supplements.

With the goals you have in mind and your current stats, you would need to lose about 10 pounds of fat in 1 month. Unfortunately, what happens when you lose weight is a loss in both fat and muscle/water, and this isn't in our favor. I don't exactly reccomend dropping too much weight in a short time period.

That being said your goal is not unobtainable although it will be difficult. The most important thing is to get your diet in check first. Then moving on to your workouts the running/jogging will be excellent for fat loss, but what can you do with a max of an 80 pound barbell? Well...plenty. I'm going to list off some good exercises that shouldn't hinder your strength at all, and other people can feel free to add to them.

Triceps: With 80 pounds you have a nice base to set up and do skullcrushers. You don't need a bench to do these, can just lay on the floor.

You can also do reverse curls to work the tris.

Biceps: You've got curls, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to work out something so you can do preachers.

Chest: I don't know where you're at physically but 80 pounds probably isn't going to help work your bench up. In fact you'd probably get more out of doing pushups. Keep in mind that a standard pushup is equivalent to 60% of your bodyweight. If nobody else can reccomend something on chest for you then this might be the best way to go. Remember, that there are many different ways to do a pushup. If you're feeling daring try 1 handed pushups, clap pushups, or move on to my favorite handstand pushups. Handstand pushups will also target the shoulders, and they have a nice benefit of working 100% of your bodyweight as opposed to the standard pushup. If you can work up the strength go for the 1-handed handstand pushup. Actually if you manage to pull that off video-tape it as I'd love to see it.

Legs: Barbell isn't gonna help you here, but if you're running/jogging everyday you might just have to suck up the no-leg workout. maybe somebody else can help you out.

Shoulders: You can do front-lat raises, and I forget the name of the exercise but you stand holding the barbell with a close grip and pull it straight up to about your neck while bending the elbows. You should also be able to do seated military presses if desired, and depending on the size of the barbell you might be able to shrug it with 1 hand.

Back: Again depending on the size of the barbell you might be able to do some rows. Not gonna get very far deadlifting 80 pounds so thats out. Don't know what to reccomend for this one.

Good luck, and be patient - it didn't take a month to gain all of the fat and its not going to take a month to lose it all. You're on the right track and I'm sure soon enough you'll be posting pics of your success story

Comment

To make a long story short, i will be at home (college kid) for one month over the summer, during this time i have a 25lb. barbell with 4-10lb. 2-5-lb. and 2-2.5lb. plates. ALso theres a treadmill and cycle. I need a basic program to help me cut like hell for a month and I dont have time to get a membership for only one month

Supps:
                  Hydroxy hardcore
                  Blue up
                  Fish oil
                  Flax oil
                  L- Carnitine (might not use it for this month since not doing much bulking)

I plan on doing a lot of running/jogging but seeing that I am a bit heavy my endurence is sheety at best!

Can I get some tips and help designing a program for this month?

P.S. reps and reach arounds for those that can give me good advice
                  so lets try to get this figured out since no one has talked about a work out that i saw
                  how many days a week are we talkin about ?
                  do you have a bench or any dumbells ?
                  anything for pull ups ?
                  just tryin to figure out what could be done for exerises
                  do you have a decent amount of space
                  Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Originally posted by dbish77
                    HST while cutting?
                    dont most of the hst exercises require a bench or some other stuff he doesnt have ?
                    it wouldnt be a bad routine for cutting i guess except for only lifting 3 days a week
                    imo 4 days a week is better for someone cutting only because with a decent volume you wont be overtraining and you are getting the the advantage of training another day to increase the metabloic activities
                    Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Thanx guys, I'm going to look into the cost of buying more plates, but i'm broke as hell until july. I know i'm going to burn up some muscle for the next month which i'm not excited about but due to the circumstances is pretty much un-avoidable.

Maestro: you're right about my limited exercises so I will probably focus on plytometrics (Body Weight resistence) for my workout. Squat jumps, pushups, pullups, dips and i'm sure i can look up other exercises.

Lancer V: awesome diet plan, i'm going to look into it but since i'm highly sensitive to carbs (my brain is shakey when low on carbs) i'll increase the carbs a little bit.

adiscomplex: I can try and find something for pull ups, but honestly i still cant lift my bodyweight anyways
                      I have the space to work with
                      no bench, no dumbells
                      No job (I can work out 7 days a week if i can stay motivated)
                      Looking forward to your thoughts
                      17% (8/2/06)
                      Age 20

Comment

I would suggest doing a max-ot workout program. They have a great 3 day split on their website that I have been using in my cut and have had great results so far. I would also suggest doing 15 min light to moderate cardio after workouts for nutrient transport and on the other days do moderate cardio for 30-40 min. I would go with aprox 2500 calories at first and work your way down if there is stalling.

Comment

Originally posted by jmdfd415
                          I would suggest doing a max-ot workout program. They have a great 3 day split on their website that I have been using in my cut and have had great results so far. I would also suggest doing 15 min light to moderate cardio after workouts for nutrient transport and on the other days do moderate cardio for 30-40 min. I would go with aprox 2500 calories at first and work your way down if there is stalling.
                          do you mean 15 min cardio right after workout or later during the same day?
                          17% (8/2/06)
                          Age 20

Comment

do you mean 15 min cardio right after workout or later during the same day?
                            right after. I would also sip on a bcaa/eaa mix pre/during/post or 2 scoops of whey. I have had the best results doing it this way.

Comment

Lancer V: awesome diet plan, i'm going to look into it but since i'm highly sensitive to carbs (my brain is shakey when low on carbs) i'll increase the carbs a little bit.
                              What do you mean shaky?

Comment

Working...
                              X