Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gains without creatine?

Hey guys,

Ok I'm still relatively new (~ 6 months of lifting) so I haven't really tried that many supps....but I'm looking into supplementing with CEE to assist my workouts and start lifting heavier.

Question is, how necessary/essential is it to take creatine for me? And has anyone made good progress without using it?

Thanks in advance!!

asianbabe

Originally posted by asianbabe
    Hey guys,

Ok I'm still relatively new (~ 6 months of lifting) so I haven't really tried that many supps....but I'm looking into supplementing with CEE to assist my workouts and start lifting heavier.

Question is, how necessary/essential is it to take creatine for me? And has anyone made good progress without using it?

Thanks in advance!!

asianbabe
    Well creatine and caffeine are the 2 most "proven" ergogenics available, and I mention them together because you will notice that they are both dirt cheap. They can also be used together, contrary to internet rumors.

http://www.controlledlabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44

Creatine WILL help with raw strength in my opinion, and there's nothing wrong with starting with something basic like Creapure which is essentially tasteless, unlike CEE (tastes nasty... like bitter-salty-acid).

Obviously, I'm affiliated with Controlled Labs and I recommend Green BULGE... NOT because Creapure is obsolete, BUT because Green Bulge offers additional benefits over and above CEE or Creapure (for example I take both Green Bulge [Pre] and Creapure [Post] @ 6ft 258lbs])
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 06-04-2006, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Well creatine and caffeine are the 2 most "proven" ergogenics available, and I mention them together because you will notice that they are both dirt cheap. They can also be used together, contrary to internet rumors.

http://www.controlledlabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44

Creatine WILL help with raw strength in my opinion, and there's nothing wrong with starting with something basic like Creapure which is essentially tasteless, unlike CEE (tastes nasty... like bitter-salty-acid).

Obviously, I'm affiliated with Controlled Labs and I recommend Green BULGE... NOT because Creapure is obsolete, BUT because Green Bulge offers additional benefits over and above CEE or Creapure (for example I take both Green Bulge [Pre] and Creapure [Post] @ 6ft 258lbs])
      I will definitely agree on the above, I take both creatine and caffeine preworkout. On one occassion I noticed that I was having more problems than usual on my lifts and I could not figure out why . . . then later in the day I realized I did not take my caffeine pill preworkout. It was not a placebo effect b/c I was unaware that I forgot it until I found the caffeine pill later in the day.
      Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

you dont need creatine or caffeine.. they just help , alot.

supplements are meant to be the sole thing, you still need the desire and motivation to push yourself beyond what you think you can achieve. without that you wont get anywhere, you'll be stuck on a plateau forever. you can achieve great results w/o anything, but it will be more difficult and they may take longer to see.

Comment

buying some Green Bulge is def. worth the investment ... take it preworkout and pick up some bulk cee (cuz it's cheap) and supplement with it post workout ... i've been using GB pre and Primaforce bulk cee post with good results

you'll definitely see some results, but good luck in whatever you decide to do
          jdouchebag for president

Comment

Just get some good ole Prolab Creapure or some Creaform. Get some monohydrate of some sort and give that a chance for a while. CEE and products like Green Bulge are very popular and seem to produce better results but I have yet to try either so I can't comment. I done well with bulk monohydrate up this point. If you got the extra money though, I see no problems in jumping right into CEE or a blend like Green Bulge. Good luck!
            + =

Comment

Ahh ok thanks a bunch guys!

I will go with either xpand or GB - both are pretty pimped up! for pre, then creapure/form post..? sound good!?

I don't think I will use caffeine as yet.. I don't like being a jitterbug! Will probably get lean green instead. Gonna read mr P's thread again before I ask more questions

Comment

xpand or GB
                Two of my favorites... good luck

Comment

asian babe, have you tried the wraath yet? it really does give a good boost of energy. Each time Ive taken it, Ive been tired, but afterwards, I was ready for whatever...caffine also helps overall..livens my mood, gives me a boost of energy as well. Im not recommending it, but I started to use Winni-V before anything else...it worked more as a wakeup call for me, but it sure as hell wasnt worth the money i spent for it. just my .02
                  Nino
                  The stack:
                  PW-GG-GB-GM-BU-RA-Designer Whey protien

THE MAN:
                  5'9
                  197.5 LBS
                  BF% 29

Comment

Originally posted by ninobrn99
                    asian babe, have you tried the wraath yet? it really does give a good boost of energy. Each time Ive taken it, Ive been tired, but afterwards, I was ready for whatever...caffine also helps overall..livens my mood, gives me a boost of energy as well. Im not recommending it, but I started to use Winni-V before anything else...it worked more as a wakeup call for me, but it sure as hell wasnt worth the money i spent for it. just my .02
                    Nino
                    hey nino,

thanks, yeah pw is next for me, i've still got more than half of my xtend left (i know... its not exactly the same) but when thats done, I'll get some. I was actually after a creatine product though. Do you get caffeine jitters?

Anyhow, it won't be for a while, I was just involved in a car accident and that put a $1k dent in my purse

Comment

asianbabe
                      its not essential nor is it necessary
                      getting your diet and training right (and enough sleep) are ten times more important then creatine and you can def do it with out creatine

personally though if you dont mind spending the extra money
                      and you would like to get there faster creatine can def help

i think when it comes to supps , thats what it really is , how fast do you want to get to your goals
                      cause you will be able to get to them with out supps
                      but your diet will have to be that much better and supps can really speed up the process

all this said is assuming you arnt at or close to your genetic potential
                      Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

i cant say that i get the jitters. im used to it. you have to figure out your tolerance though. I was able to take PW and fall asleep about 1 hr later..so its not crazy crazy, but helpful.
                        The stack:
                        PW-GG-GB-GM-BU-RA-Designer Whey protien

THE MAN:
                        5'9
                        197.5 LBS
                        BF% 29

Comment

yeah they just make it a little faster to make gains because you have more room for error. However if your diet(meal plan ) then your gains will be super charged.

It can be done without but i wouldn't do it unless I have run out of money.
                          The Untergrund...from 157lb civilian to 5'10 192lbs of guerilla warfare mechanic guarding the Republic of Korea

Lead follow or get out of the way.

I FULLY ENDORSE GREEN MAGNITUDE
                          If it has liquid in it I probably slipped some Green Mag in it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=spirit3530

Comment

Working...
                          X