How many reps on deadlifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many reps on deadlifts?

i was always taught to go HEAVY with deadlifts - it was the one exercise you would do only 1-3 reps. I usually do 1 rep, rest it on the floor for a second, set my posture and feet, and do 2 or 3 more in that fashion. Lifting 'dead' weight, trying not to bounce it off the floor.

Do you guys deads the same way? As its known 'sitting in the hole' between reps?
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 05-09-2007, 08:13 AM.

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
    i was always taught to go HEAVY with deadlifts - it was the one exercise you would do only 1-3 reps. I usually do 1 rep, rest it on the floor for a second, set my posture and feet, and do 2 or 3 more in that fashion. Lifting 'dead' weight, trying not to bounce it off the floor.

Do you guys deads the same way? As its known 'sitting in the hole' between reps?
    I've had problems with my back before, so I go low-weight high-rep for my deads. Just bein' safe.

Comment

Yep, I go up to 6 for reps and deload the weight each time.

Comment

Depends on what weight I'm at. My warm-ups at 225 go for about 12 reps. 275 goes about 6-8. 315 goes for 4-6. I normally will do two sets of 315 and then re-work back down to 225 and out.
        Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
        Purple Wraath
        Green Magnitude
        Orange Triad
        White Flood
        Blue Up
        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
          Depends on what weight I'm at. My warm-ups at 225 go for about 12 reps. 275 goes about 6-8. 315 goes for 4-6. I normally will do two sets of 315 and then re-work back down to 225 and out.
          ^^^^

Exactly what I do (freaky)... and I always leave my ego at the door.... F*** up your back = game over

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            ^^^^

Exactly what I do (freaky)... and I always leave my ego at the door.... F*** up your back = game over

Exactly. I know how strong I am personally, I don't need verification from the peanut gallery. I know a majority of the gym, and society as well can't hit 315 even once, so that's a little ego stroke.
            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

i love the football players at college that load up like 400-500+ and deadlift it a good 3-4 x every 10 minutes...and to top it off.. their last rep they just let go off the bar from the top.. so its loud as shit and everyone notices their deadlifting alot.. vag's.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                Yep, I go up to 6 for reps and deload the weight each time.
                ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

10@135, 10@225, 5@315, 5@405, 1-3@455, somtimes I'll skip the 455 and try for a single at 495 but usually it's pretty ugly so I'm still working my up to do it clean.
                  - Millennium Sport Technologies Sponsored Athlete -

Men are born to succeed, not fail.
                  Henry David Thoreau

Comment

1-3
                    17 year old FREAKST

SUPPLEMENTS.NET REP

Comment

Although I usually warm up with 225 and then 315, I try to stay at around 85% of my max for as close to 5 reps as possible for a minimum of 4 total sets, and once every 2 months I max. (but then again, I have DEADLIFTING days, not back days since I have a PL meet in August)

Comment

Right now I am doin 295 x12, 385 x 8-10, and 455 x 4-6; I deload each time . . . so far this type of progression has been working pretty well for me considering I just started DLing last summer

I may switch to a heavier series with more sets and less reps in the near future just to switch it up
                        Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Working...
                        X