Am I alone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I alone??

Has anyone else ever dropped a crap load of weight at the gym like a total newb?

I was squatting heavy today, at least for a guy my size.... I had 245lbs and just did 8 reps because I like to go higher, and to be honest I haven't GONE any higher because I train alone and I'm comfortable with what I do...

Squeezed them out just the way I like them. "damn".... I muttered, feeling like I accomplished some strong sets. I thought I was going to have a rough day!!

Started putting everything back... took off a dime..... took off a 45lb... the other 45lb..... thinking that something's wrong I looked over to the other end of the olympic bar to realize that my dumb ass had taken all the weight off one end, leaving a good 100lbs with nothing else to counter the weight plummeting towards the HUGE glass mirror!!!!!

Aahhhhh, I'm so lucky, missed it by a hair!! But darn, lol, I left a nice little dent in the wall from the weights. Feeling like a complete goof, I muttered to the person next to me that "that's when you get when you squat hard I spose", feeling like a total dumbass...

Ahh shucks. I thought someone was going to say something or come up and ask me to leave, but the basketball team from the college didn't have a single person that could squat more than 135lbs, so I had nothing to worry about. My buddy assured me that when he's doing squats, flat bench or decline he's done the exact same thing a million times before. I felt like such a newb ass... no one that I really respect was there, but has anyone else done this??? What would happen at your gym if you dropped almost 145lbs from 5 feet?

I feel so burrrrnttttt.......... had a good leg workout though. lol, I just hope I'm not alone. Felt like someone needed to shoot me on the spot.

Haven't done that, yet. Funny how you can pump so much blood into the muscles that the brain doesn't have any thing left for rational thought. Stupidest thing I ever did at the gym was after a hard workout, I just walked right into the women's locker room. I got to the lockers and realized I was in the wrong room. I walked right back out.

Come to think of it, on second thought, stupidest thing I ever did at the gym was walk back OUT of the women's locker room.

Comment

I had a fun one happen at the gym, read on.

Probably my single favorite exercise is Single Dumbell Rows. Why? Because you get to use the big dumbells! So I had just finished sets 1-4 and was about to knock out set #5 using the 100s.

I get into position, left knee on the bench, left hand at the top of the bench to support myself, back straight and I'm strapped in to the 100# DB. I strap in so I won't drop the fucker and look retarded. So I do my first rep, flawless, second rep, flawless, while lowering my third rep my left hand (support hand on the bench) slides off the bench (I was sweating hard) which leaves me strapped into a 100lb DB now freefalling to the floor. Being that my left knee was still on the bench I essentially face-planted into the bench, while my right shoulder followed the DB to the ground. The whole gym went quiet, so I got back in position and redid rep #3 and knocked out two more.

Josh
      Back to the basics!

Comment

i did something similar once..

we have a leg machine back at UT where I went to college.

I was doing leg presses on it, went from 8 plates each side to 14. I was bulking at the time so the weights didn't seem so heavy.

Of course, after doing sets of these things almost upside down, there's no blood in my brain and I couldnt' think straight...

I decided, somehow, to unload all the weights from one side first.. I think I was just being lazy as fuck.

either way, I stripped about 12 plates off of one side when all of a sudden the whole damn thing tipped over, lol....

THere were these two lanky guys next to me doing leg curls, and they looked over when they heard the loud crash.. I just straight up stared at them cuz i was both embarrassed and pissed off at the same time...

They decided not to laugh or say anything funny, and went back to doing their exercises...

I swear if they said anything at all I'd have flipped out right there

stupid me
        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

I just finished a heavy set of declin bench and went to pull the weights off and forgot there was a 10 and a 5 in front of the 45, well they both ended up in my toe!

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
            but the basketball team from the college didn't have a single person that could squat more than 135lbs,
            Thats a pussy ass college basketball team
            + =

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
              I had a fun one happen at the gym, read on.

Probably my single favorite exercise is Single Dumbell Rows. Why? Because you get to use the big dumbells! So I had just finished sets 1-4 and was about to knock out set #5 using the 100s.

I get into position, left knee on the bench, left hand at the top of the bench to support myself, back straight and I'm strapped in to the 100# DB. I strap in so I won't drop the fucker and look retarded. So I do my first rep, flawless, second rep, flawless, while lowering my third rep my left hand (support hand on the bench) slides off the bench (I was sweating hard) which leaves me strapped into a 100lb DB now freefalling to the floor. Being that my left knee was still on the bench I essentially face-planted into the bench, while my right shoulder followed the DB to the ground. The whole gym went quiet, so I got back in position and redid rep #3 and knocked out two more.

Josh
              OMG I'm so sorry, but I am lmao! The visual is killing me!!!

I have no room to talk, I have done alot of stupid stuff... placing a DB on the bench & it rolling off onto my toe. Practicly strangling myself with my headphones (got caught on the machine). Tripping, knocking myself on the forehead doing skullcrushers...etc...
              What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Wow guys, thanks for the laugh lol

John, I can’t believe it. You totally owned me. 12 plates??? Dang, I only had three and I thought that was pretty gnarly. But yes, heavy leg movements and ration do not mix!!

I’m smiling so big right now.. everyone at work’s probably wondering why my ass is so jolly this morning. My hams are fried and now I don’t feel as embarrassed anymore. I guess that people have done worse!

Comment

my roommate dropped a 2.5 lb weight on his foot, and his big toe nail broke off... took that thing about a year to grow back too.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty

I have no room to talk, I have done alot of stupid stuff... placing a DB on the bench & it rolling off onto my toe. Practicly strangling myself with my headphones (got caught on the machine). Tripping, knocking myself on the forehead doing skullcrushers...etc...
                    Man that is one of the funniest things I have heard, sorry to say that and hope you didn't get hurt.

Comment

Another misadventure of mine was when doing leg press, I was having an off day and went for a number well below my PR, but I paused too long at the bottom and got STUCK. I had to wait the 5 minutes until someone came around to pull the weight off of me, took two guys.. so embarassing.
                      Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                        Another misadventure of mine was when doing leg press, I was having an off day and went for a number well below my PR, but I paused too long at the bottom and got STUCK. I had to wait the 5 minutes until someone came around to pull the weight off of me, took two guys.. so embarassing.
                        Oh dang I feel you pain on this, I was doing squats (hack machine) & with the heavier weights it was hard for me to manuever myself to grab the bar to lock back up, had to wait too until someone walked by.
                        What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                          Man that is one of the funniest things I have heard, sorry to say that and hope you didn't get hurt.
                          Hmmmm not sure which you thought was funny, or maybe all of it?!?
                          When the BD rolled on to my toe, it didnt hurt much. (just clipped the top of my big toe).

The skullcrushers now that was funny! LMAO I did it 2x in a row cuz I wasnt paying full attention. It didnt hurt was a slight dink!
                          What typos?

Comment

i'm in tears thinking about the strangling of oneself with the headphones

well done
                            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Hmmmm not sure which you thought was funny, or maybe all of it?!?
                              When the BD rolled on to my toe, it didnt hurt much. (just clipped the top of my big toe).

The skullcrushers now that was funny! LMAO I did it 2x in a row cuz I wasnt paying full attention. It didnt hurt was a slight dink!

Sorry, I meant StoneCold's post!

Comment

Working...
                              X