Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wraath (Version 3) of BJ is upon you! (sponsored PW log)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wraath (Version 3) of BJ is upon you! (sponsored PW log)

Morpheus said, "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."
    "Screw you! I want them both," as he kicked Morpheus in the nuts and grabbed both pills and downed them. Suddenly, purple lightning shot out of the sky and struck him. This event spawned the beginning of the wrath, Purple Wraath *thunder crashes*....

Controlled Labs Presents:
    Purple Wraath Version 3!
    Ergogenic Essential Amino Acid Matrix!

Enhance Recovery and Increase Strength, Endurance, And Energy!

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement:

Maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.

Key Attributes:

* Fast absorption/fast acting
    * EAA & BCAA
    * Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
    * Delicious tangy grape flavor
    * Natural anabolic environment
    * Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
    * Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
    * Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
    * Explosive strength, power, and energy
    * Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
    * Dextrose/maltodextrin free

Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...
    We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs.

First of all, I would like to thank PT, the "high council" and Controlled Labs for giving me this fabulous opportunity!!!
    A little about this thread:
    Q:
    Who the hell is BJ?
    A: That's me, you tool.
    Q: What the hell is this thread about?
    A: It's about me logging the newly improved flavor of the Purple Wraath and also me logging my cut.
    Q: What the hell is Purple Wraath?
    A: Read above, moron.
    Q: Why should I continue reading this?
    A: Because I said so, plus this will get interesting. I'm cutting for the first time in my life and I'm very serious about this. I've always carried medium to high amount of fat on my body and I want to strip a lot of it off before I head off to work on my Ph.D. at the University of Buffalo in the fall.
    Q: So tell me about yourself.
    A: I don't mind if I do. I was born near Phoenix, AZ and raised unhealthy with chips, pop, and other crap food all around the house. I used to spend all my younger days either stuffing my face with chips and pop or I'd be outside playing football in the streets with my buddies. Upon the death of my father when I was 12, I moved out here to Ohio to live with his family and most of whom I've never met. They all have a country-type of attitude about food and stuff like not eating crap and not going out to restaurants.
    I decided to play football and that really helped me as far as helping me get into shape. Despite my "getting into shape," I still was a fat bastard in high school. I lost a ton of weight my senior year in the spring (250@25% to 213@15% with the help of ephedra), and was committed to a school for college football. I ended up bulking somewhat in the summer and got faster (I used to run 4.8 40-yard when I was 250@25%). My 2nd year after I was sat, I got to about 225 and hit a 4.42 40 and they let me be the RB. I graduated at 245 with roughly the same speed.
    I then realized this past winter I was eating around 1500cals per day but still gaining some strength. I wanted to do a cut, but I knew I couldn't cut at 1500cals per day, so I thought it would be a great idea to "bulk" at roughly 3500cals a day for awhile to get my body used to the calories so I could then go on this cut. I grew A LOT during the past three months or so, however, I also gained a lot of strength with this bulk. I am quite happy with it, but I want to finally ditch this bodyfat and bulk from there.
    Q: So does this mean I get to look at you in your boxers?
    A: I don't have a camera (I don't really see a purpose for one) so no. And get lost you horny pervert.
    My bodyspace: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Beejis60/

About me (as posted from my application and some other stuff):

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 261 (a hair dated as the scale in the gym is broke)

Bodytype: Meso

Training experience: Well I started in the winter of 97/98 when I was entering my freshman year for football. We lifted around a BFS type of schedule where we did 3x3, 5x5, 10-8-6-4(-2), 5-4-3-2-1-1-etc on rotating weeks. This is how I lifted all throughout high school and upon attending college for football, we also lifted like this. So for about 8-9 years, I lifted primarily on this schedule. After that, I've been tried a brief stint of a 5x5 workout and hated it. I also tried a variant of the Body for Life workout (workouts split into upper and lower body days) and I too hated it. Then I settled into my own variation of the Max-OT program about a year ago and have been doing it ever since. I've been thinking about trying the Westside barbell system, but I will stick on my Max-OT if I get chosen to test for this.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol: I don't have set days when I hit the gym but I pretty much go as I see and if I'm still sore then my workout will just be delayed for a day. For each workout, I aim for 4-6 reps but sometimes I get as high as 10 or 15 for something like shrugs or calves. Currently my days look like this:
    Day one: Legs:
    Squats
    Leg presses
    Leg extensions or front squats (not very good at these)
    Lying leg curls
    SLDL
    Standing leg curls, glute ham raises, or lunges
    Seated calf raises
    Standing calf raises
    Calf presses on leg press machine

Day two: Chest
    Bench (barbell or dumbbell)
    Decline (barbell or dumbbell)
    Incline (barbell or dumbbell)
    Pec-deck
    Flyes (incline or flat)

Day three: Back and traps:
    Back (three of the following):

Wide-grip pulldowns
    Narrow-grip pulldowns
    Reverse-grip pulldowns
    V-bar pulldowns
    V-bar seated rows
    "Medium" grip seated rows
    Reverse-grip seated rows
    "Eagle rows" (that machine thing with the big pad in your chest)
    Bent over barbell rows
    Bent over dumbell rows

Lower Back:
    Deads
    Good mornings (seated or standing)
    Weighted hypers

Traps (three of the following):
    Upright rows
    Dumbbell shrugs
    Barbell Shrugs
    Behind-the-back barbell shrugs

Day four: Arms:
    Bis (three of the following):

Preacher
    Alternating dumbbell curls
    Hammer dumbbell curls
    Barbell curls
    Wide-grip barbell curls
    Hammer curls with rope extension on the cable crossover area

Tris (three of the following):
    Reverse-grip bench
    Pushdowns with straight bar
    Pushdowns with rope
    Pushdowns with V-bar
    Skulls
    Kickbacks
    Standing or seating overhead dumbbell extensions

Day five: Shoulders (three of the following):
    Behind the head barbell press
    Military press
    Dumbbell press
    Front dumbbell raises (ALWAYS)
    Lateral dumbbell raises
    Bent over lateral raises
    Lying incline lateral raises

Day six:
    Usually back and traps again and/or some sets of shoulders or chest depending on how I feel.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:
    I'm running or biking three times a week at 25 minute intervals of medium to high intensity. I plan on expanding it up to six or seven days at 45 minute intervals within the next two weeks. Also incorporating HIIT.

Current supplements:
    Vitamin Depot Multi for morning and night and GNC Megaman for preworkout.
    GNC Vitamin C
    Swanson Calcium Citrate
    *** GABA
    GNC creatine mono for off days and Universal Storm for on days
    NP's Kwick Karb
    Dymatize Elite Whey Choc Mint
    MN X-Factor
    CL Red Acid Gen2

Current Diet and macros (as much detail as possible):
    TKD; 63% fat, 35% protein, 2% carbs. Right now, I'm on roughly 3200cals per day and weaning down to 2700cals per day.

Current Daily water intake:
    1.5-2.5 gallons per day (the lower volumes are when I'm at school the most on Mondays and Wednesdays and all I have is the gayass water fountain)

Short Term Goal:
    Cut to 8% bf while trying to maintain as my muscle as possible.

Long Term Goal:
    Hit 280 at 10% and compete in strogman events, namely WSM.

Supplement history:
    This is where it gets hazy. I've always taken a multi, calcium, protein, and creatine since my sophomore year in HS (spring/summer 99). Along the way, I've taken the following:
    Andro, DHEA, M1T, Equibolan, Test 250, Fizogen On-cycle (original formula), Methyl Dien, 1-AD, 4-AD, JW, SNS Methyl-Drol XT, EC stack, Hot Rox, Nutrex Lipo-6, AX PCT, Vitamin C, ALA, NAC, L-glutamine, L-arginine, L-carnitine, bulk CEE, various MRPs, and probably some other stuff I can't remember.

Comment

Day 1 of 45
      Back and Traps

Back

V-bar Pulldown: 285x8, 290x6, 290x6
      "Eagle Rows" (wide-grip): 225x7, 230x5, 230x4
      Bent Over Barbell Rows: 305x6, 305x5, 310x4 (PR)!

Lower Back
      Deads: 700x5, 700x5, 700x4
      Good Mornings: 185x10, 185x10, 185x10 (still adjusting to the weights with these)
      Hypers: 100x5, 100x4, 45x18

Traps
      Upright Rows: 185x8, 190x6, 195x5
      Dumbbell Shrugs: 185x10, 190x8, 190x7
      Barbell Shurgs (front): 315x15, 325x10, 325x8

Upon initial tasting of the V3 Wraath, I felt it was too sweet (coming from a dude that thinks BBQ sauce is too sweet). I tossed one scoop in with about 24oz. water and chugged it down, washed down the sides twice with a few ounces of water, and bottoms up. The flavor is very memorable to those purple sweet tarts though. After about 10 minutes, I had extreme tingling (took with no food) throughout my whole body. When I was working on my pulldowns, I had this real sharp pain associated with the tingling in the middle of a pulldown and I almost lost it, but I stuck with it.
      As for the format of this log, feel free to make suggestions to me about it. But I think at night after my last meal, I will post my diet for the day, macro splits, and supps taken.

Comment

Yesterday's Diet

Sorry I'm late on this, but here's yesterday's diet:

Waking at 5:50- 2 CL Red Acid Gen2

Meal 1:
        6:45AM (earlier than normal because I had court this morning)- 6 XL eggs, two pieces of colby cheese and a handful of spinach. 1 XF, 1 ABC Plus, 500mg VitC, 315mg Calcium Citrate

Meal 2:
        10:45AM (after court)- 3 pieces of pepper jack cheese, 1oz. almonds, and 1 scoop Dymatize Chocolate Mint Whey in water. 2 XF, 1 Megaman, 500mg VitC, 315mg Calcium Citrate, 1 scoop Storm.

11:15AM- 2 CL Red Acid Gen2

11:30AM- 1 scoop PWv3!

*Workout*

1ish- 30g Kwik Karb

1:20ish- 1.25 scoops Dymatize Chocolate Mint in water.

Meal 3:
        2:25PM- 6 eggs XL eggs, 2 pieces of pepper jack cheese, and a handful of spinach.

Meal 4:
        5:45PM- 6oz (1 can) tuna, 2tbsp Caesar dressing, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of spinach, and a piece of colby jack cheese.

Meal 5:
        9:05PM- 6 pieces of turkey bacon, 1oz. almonds, and 1 scoop Dymatize Chocolate Mint in water.

Meal 6:
        12:25PM-6oz (1 can) tuna, 2tbsp Caesar dressing, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of spinach, and a piece of pepper jack cheese. 1 XF, 1 ABC Plus, 500mg VitC, 315mg Calcium Citrate.

1:30AM- 5g GABA in water.

Total Calories: 3212
        Total fat grams: 219g
        Total protein grams: 298g
        Total carbs: 42.1g
        Total percent splits: 61.4% fat, 37.1% protein, 1.5% carbs

My eating schedule was all messed up today because of court and I didn't plan well for it. I'm already about to pass out from my GABA, but overall that's a pretty normal day of what I eat, day in and day out. I'm kinda pissed because I'm 2% over in my protein category, so I need to scale that down a little bit.

Comment

Love to see fellow Ohioans on CL.com
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
            Love to see fellow Ohioans on CL.com
            Hells ya! Thanks for stopping by!

Comment

Day 2 of 45
              OFF

Waking at 7:20AM - 2 CL Red Acid Gen2

Meal 1:
              7:50AM - 6oz (1 can) tuna, 2tbsp Caesar dressing, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 piece of pepper jack cheese and a handful of spinach. 1 XF, 1 ABC Plus, 500mg VitC, 315mg Calcium Citrate

Meal 2:
              11:15AM - 3 pieces of pepper jack cheese, 1oz. almonds, and 1 scoop Dymatize Chocolate Mint Whey in water.

Meal 3:
              2:50PM (had a makeup test, so I was late to eat) - 6 pieces of turkey bacon, 1oz. almonds, and 1 scoop Dymatize Chocolate Mint in water.

Meal 4:
              5:30PM - 4XL eggs, 2 pieces of Colby jack cheese, 1/2oz. almonds. 2XF, 1 MegaMan, 500mg VitC, 315 Calcium Citrate, 1 scoop Storm

6:00PM - 2 CL Red Acid Gen2

6:15PM- 1 scoop PWv3

6:30PM - *5mins HIIT (especially hard in this cold ass weather)*

6:45PM - 30g Kwik Karb

7:05PM - 1.25 scoops Dymatize Chocolate Mint in water.

Meal 5:
              8:35PM - 6oz (1 can) tuna, 2tbsp Caesar dressing, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of spinach, and a piece of colby jack cheese.

Meal 6:
              12AM (projected time) - 6oz (1 can) tuna, 2tbsp Caesar dressing, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of spinach, and a piece of colby jack cheese. 1XF, 1 ABC Plus, 500mg VitC, 315mg Calcium Citrate.

1AM (projected time) - 5g GABA in water

Total Calories: 3142
              Total fat grams: 213g
              Total protein grams: 293g
              Total carbs: 43.1g
              Total percent splits: 61.1% fat, 37.3% protein, 1.6% carbs

Well I'm still a little pissed about my protein being high, but I've fixed that and hopefully tomorrow we'll see a much more on track diet. Today was an off day but my legs were still sore from legs a few days ago. I've also started freshly on HIIT and that's why I'm only at 5 minutes. But man, that stuff KILLS me! Sorry to have my 2nd day on the log an off day, but I couldn't do much of anything today as shoulders are up on Sunday and arms tomorrow.
              Here's a question I pose to you; I have to work tomorrow night from 8PM to about 4AM with NO EFFIN BREAKS! What should I do before work? Eat a normal meal and just die until 4 or should I do a double-meal? I may add a THIRD dose of Red Acid unless the generals of CL advise otherwise.

Comment

Working...
              X