personal goals and records surpassed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal goals and records surpassed?

ok ill start off by saying yes strength is not everything, and its not how much you can lift but that you look like your that strong...BUT we all like to dabble in pushing perceived limits

just wanted to say for Sumo Deadlifts i went up from 304 pounds for 3 reps to 326 pounds for 1 rep

share your records gents and ladies

Originally posted by Dallas68
    ok ill start off by saying yes strength is not everything, and its not how much you can lift but that you look like your that strong...BUT we all like to dabble in pushing perceived limits

just wanted to say for Sumo Deadlifts i went up from 304 pounds for 3 reps to 326 pounds for 1 rep

share your records gents and ladies

First of: nice gains, keep up the good work.

Second, i disagree with your statement, Its not what you look like you can do, its what you can actually do. Ex: Why would you want to present yourself as someone one who is strong, but in essence your a little weakling. Im sorry I would rather be strong then look strong. Would you rather a LAMBO kit car, looks like a lambo, but sucks ass? or Would you rather a sleeper, car that isn't that exotic, but has the performance of a Ferrari?.. I dunno bout you, But im going for choice two here..

Anway I digress, Keep up the good work.. LIFT hard..
    If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

I had never benched over 3 plates (315) for the longest time.. I mean like 2-3years that was all i could get.. maybe once or twice i would barely get 320 1rep.. but ya kno nothing really over 315

when i max tested at the end of my anagen log, i got 335 i believe on the max day.but the week before 9 got 345..and i think if I didnt have finals week (all that stress/lack of sleep etc etc) i would of gotten 350+ ! but i was still pretty happy to break 315.

idk about looking strong to be strong... im big to normal people, but i bet to alot of the ppl on these forums im pueny.. like 6'1' 220ish..prolly round 13-16% bodyfat?..hopefully lower weight since i been cutting lately..
      idk, i sometimes feel like i have that muscle dysmorphia, cos i always feel small..even tho i know im pretty much big to everyone else that doesnt lift alot.. i try to keep an upbeat and stay happy with my body as much as I can.. as long as I keep pushing myself in the gym, and lovin life outside of the gym Im good.. i dont plan on ever competiting for anything or anything (tho I would love to be a mens health cover model, h aha..)

Comment

no problem we are all here to view opinions..Just in my mind its the presence factor that i enjoy the most..I like the idea that at school a guy can bench more than me yet my chest destroys his..That guys see my muscle an ask how the hell i LOOK like this at my age..So yeah i prefer the look of strength...But keep in mind i do enjoy surpassing my expectations of my strength it is just that focus on bodily growth not only strength gaining although they do kind of tie in

Comment

Damn impressive numbers bouncing around there j!
          Dang loads of weight the one reason i would want to be very strong is to just feel how the weights at that level feel like but i guess these levels are different for everyone...But your hitting high notes in my mind

so how was anagen any quick word?

Comment

so how was anagen any quick word?
            http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/sh...=745010&page=4

scroll to the bottom and its my review.. i dont think the pix work, idk .. i uploaded them in my webshots but i guess the dont work for other people?

i liked it, some people didnt.. its worth a shot at 50$ for 2 bottles..and if u weigh less it'll last even longer for you

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
              idk, i sometimes feel like i have that muscle dysmorphia, cos i always feel small..even tho i know im pretty much big to everyone else that doesnt lift alot.. i try to keep an upbeat and stay happy with my body as much as I can.. as long as I keep pushing myself in the gym, and lovin life outside of the gym Im good..
              I feel the same way. I look at other peopel and thin man theya re bigger than me what am I doing wrong. This is probably the thing that get me down the most.

Comment

I love getting personal records. I got so many done on my PW/WB/GB log

Comment

Just got a PR on deads today, 330x5 I know it's not a ton, but I'm not that big of a guy. Plus I was very carb depleted too.

Comment

no problem we are all here to view opinions..Just in my mind its the presence factor that i enjoy the most..I like the idea that at school a guy can bench more than me yet my chest destroys his..That guys see my muscle an ask how the hell i LOOK like this at my age..So yeah i prefer the look of strength...But keep in mind i do enjoy surpassing my expectations of my strength it is just that focus on bodily growth not only strength gaining although they do kind of tie in
                    Theres a guy I work with that looks like hes strong, but he cant deadlift 185, Squats like 165, and Benches like 120. Its always funny because all he ever talks about is his stupid six pack

Comment

^^ lol those guys annoy the hell out of me, that is just not strong,not built just "ripped"

Comment

ok killed records today

with triceps i did 152 pounds for 3 on close grip bench press ( sure it may be a little less reps than i would want but it is significant due to this reason ill state now )

on Flat bench press the last time i did my "max" i did 150 pounds for maybe 1-3 reps

now doing close grip on 152 for 3

hell that makes me happy....

no one will stop me

Comment

ok killed records today

with triceps i did 152 pounds for 3 on close grip bench press ( sure it may be a little less reps than i would want but it is significant due to this reason ill state now )

on Flat bench press the last time i did my "max" i did 150 pounds for maybe 1-3 reps

now doing close grip on 152 for 3

hell that makes me happy....

no one will stop me
                          congrats on the pr
                          jdouchebag for president

Comment

Working...
                          X