Another "Help me with my split" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Help me with my split" Thread

This is my first "help me with my split thread". It's lengthy, but I hope some of you will read through and help me out!

Stats:
    5'10"
    195lbs
    16%BF
    Cutting

I begin each workout with about 10 minutes of high intensity cardio, to really get the blood flowing, I've improved alot since I started doing this. Once I grew out of newbieness I've realised how beneficial cardio is.

Sunday - Chest

I have a weak chest, so I give it its own day.

Incline Bench Press, because my upper chest is now lagging. 4-5 sets 6-12 reps

Machine Flyes, these put less stress on my wrists, so I can really crank out some heavy sets for a nice chest pump. 1 warm up set. 3 or 4 HEAVY sets.

Flat Bench, 3 sets 4-8 reps

Flat bench drop sets, about 145lbs starting, five 20 pound weight drops 6-8 reps

Incline drop sets, same as flat drop sets

Finish up with a little ab work

Monday - Cardio

about 30 minutes HIT Cardio. Because Chest day often gets my lats a little sore, so I take the day off weights to let them recover, as Tuesday is back day.

Tuesday - Back

Deads supersetted with Hypers. 4 sets each, 8-12 reps each

Rows, 3 sets 8-12 reps

Chins, I fuckin suck at chins, 4 sets of 3-4 reps

Lat pulls, 3 sets 6-8 reps

Shrugs, 4 sets infront, 4 in the back, 4 DB. As heavy as my grip will allow

maybe some abwork

Wednesday - Cardio

About 30 min HIT Cardio. Thursday is leg day, letting my lowerback and hammies recover.

Thursday - Legs

Squats, 1 warm up set, about 4 working sets, 6-8 reps

Leg press, 3 heavy sets, 6-8 reps

Leg Extensions, 3 heavy drop sets, Four 15lb weight drops

Stiff Deads, 3-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Leg Curls, 3-4 light drop sets

Standing Calf Raises, 4 sets HEAVY, I really make these excruciating

little abwork

Friday - Delts & Tris

Military, 4-5 sets 6-10reps

Lateral Raises, 3 sets 6-10 reps

Incline Shoulder Press, 4 sets 6-10 reps

Machine Rear Delts, 3 sets 6-10 reps

DB french curl(skullcrushers), 5 sets 6-10reps

BB French curls, 3 sets 6-10 reps

Pressdowns, 4 drops sets

Saturday - Cardio

About 30 min HIT Cardio.

This is where I need help
    I can't seem to find a real great spot to squeeze in my Bicep and 4arm, I'll just squeeze them in on a day where I have energy left after my workout. It seems most logical to do them with my back, but my backwork just DRAINS me. I was thinking about inserting an arms day and devoting my Delt day intirely to delts(becuz my delts are lagging). I dont Know the best way to work my arm day into my schedual though. Help?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by adrian andras; 03-20-2007, 02:42 PM.

I do chest/bi's on the same day, sure you dont have much left for your bi's, but I run out of time during the week if I want to dedicate one whole day to arms.
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
      I do chest/bi's on the same day, sure you dont have much left for your bi's, but I run out of time during the week if I want to dedicate one whole day to arms.
      I usually end up squeezing them in with chest, but somedays cant get it done.

Comment

Maybe stick to only a few exercises for Chest then, maybe an incline, flat, decline, then a fly? Drop the abs, and do 10-12 sets for bi's.

I can fit most of that in (chest/bi's) in under an hour.

Comment

20+ sets on your chest isn't going to benefit you if you want to build power or if you want to lean in a little but keeping weight respectible. My suggestion would be this, hit flat bench, incline and flys with no more than 4-5 sets MAX. This should save you a good 20 minutes to hit 2-3 exercises on Bi's (say some db curls and 21's with a bb supersetting). I'd honestly say you're doing too much on chest day, and on backs, I'd drop the chin ups (unless you meant pull-ups - different grip and muscles). That's my .02
          Last edited by Spartan; 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM.
          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

I agree with sethva -- I'm no expert, but it seems like you can eliminate a couple of those chest exercises.

Comment

Just remember more isnt always better. Just get some good muscle stimulation with some good blood flow and you'll feel it. Just focus on form and make sure you feel every rep, that way you can cut it way down.

Just look at PT's full body workout, he's doing just a few for each and making progress

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                20+ sets on your chest isn't going to benefit you if you want to build power or if you want to lean in a little but keeping weight respectible. My suggestion would be this, hit flat bench, incline and flys with no more than 4-5 sets MAX. This should save you a good 20 minutes to hit 2-3 exercises on Bi's (say some db curls and 21's with a bb supersetting). I'd honestly say you're doing too much on chest day, and on backs, I'd drip the chin ups (unless you meant pull-ups - different grip and muscles). That's my .02

Actually on some chest days that's exactly what I do, 21s supersetting DB curls. Sometimes it just seems like I need to devote the whole day to chest to really get it to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                  Actually on some chest days that's exactly what I do, 21s supersetting DB curls. Sometimes it just seems like I need to devote the whole day to chest to really get it to respond.
                  I'd say youre probably missing something (weight too light, reps too quick, etc) if it takes all that. I feel it after the bench press alone, then hit my other body part to let the chest recoup and then back to another chest exercise. Use more of a delay on negatives, 4-1-2 style, see if that hits you harder. That or superset chest press DB press or flyes.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                  US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                    I'd say youre probably missing something (weight too light, reps too quick, etc) if it takes all that. I feel it after the bench press alone, then hit my other body part to let the chest recoup and then back to another chest exercise. Use more of a delay on negatives, 4-1-2 style, see if that hits you harder. That or superset chest press DB press or flyes.

^^^^

All solid ideas right there !!

Comment

If you want to add another day in for arms try it for a while. A lot of people think that because there are 7 days in a week that is how they should organize there split. When cutting I like doing,
                      Day1:lower body
                      Day 2: upper body(with cardio)
                      Day 3:Hiit cardio
                      Repeat

As it stands with the split you listed I would switch Thursday and Fridays For extra recovery. That will give you more time between Deads and squats, and also more time between shoulders and chest
                      Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Working...
                      X