Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight legs when running???

Anyone get this? How'd you fix it?

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Making sure I got a good solid warmup(walk a few minutes the jog a few then stretch them out really well) helped me
    Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

I gave that a shot. Today I was at the gym and when I walked in they were already tight. I stretched for about 10 min, specifically calves and achilles. Ran for 5/8 before tightness got to be too bad. Walked off another 1/8 and then hit leg press, curls, and calves on the machines. Ran another 3/8 after. Still tight. So I bs'd with my bud and stretched alittle more, ran another 1/4 and wrapped it up. Was still rather tight after all was said and done. Thinking about getting a warming sleeve for the calves to keep them loose, but not convinced it would work. Just pissing me off!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Tight as in painful ?

Is it just your hammies / calves for example ?

Shins ?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
          Tight as in painful ?

Is it just your hammies / calves for example ?

Shins ?

Just calves. Hammies are good as are quads. Shins use to, until I did some stretches for the tendons in front / ankle. Can't seem to solve the problem with the calves though.

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Here is my pre-run routine:

Sit in sauna 5 minutes (just to warm up in general, south dakota and all)
            Walk between 1/2 mile and 1 mile (4.0mph), gets blood pumping into legs
            Run
            THEN stretch

I am a bigger guy who runs, so I have had just about every ankle/knee/muscle problem you can imagine.. this method helps me be loose and warm for the running.

SCT
            Back to the basics!

Comment

Well, tried various things and damn calves are still my nemesis! I walked, biked, jogged, jumped rope, used muscle rub, used heat, used a towel to stretch, and my damn calves still tighten badly at about the 1/2 mile mark to where I have to stop. Pissing me off, I'm not even winded but have to stop anyways. WTF!? That's it, severing the leg below the knee and I'll run with stumps!!!!!

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

I want to thak you for having a strong bad avatar I hadnt been to that site for years and I spent all morning laughing my ass off
                Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Working...
                X