new workout program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new workout program

I was thinking one a week per bodypart high volume 20 set per body part . Any thou ghts or comments would help?

Originally posted by i69u
    I was thinking one a week per bodypart high volume 20 set per body part . Any thou ghts or comments would help?
    Depends on your short term goal, experience, genetics, nutrition, and supplementation....

Comment

Exp. 1 year diet 3200 cal roughly 45-35-20 goals cut 15-20 pds. supp multi whey green mag fish oil for now

Comment

If your going on a cut, I would probably do a full body or upper/lower split. That's just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by i69u
          Exp. 1 year diet 3200 cal roughly 45-35-20 goals cut 15-20 pds. supp multi whey green mag fish oil for now
          I'd go upper / lower... freakin a... I love upper / lower. Just one example:

Upper + Cardio
          Lower
          OFF
          Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g

Upper + Cardio
            Lower
            OFF
            Repeat
            might have to give that a go

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g

Upper + Cardio
              Lower
              OFF
              Repeat

Hey pu, I notice you regulary recommend upper/lower splits. As I have mentioned already, I'm preparing for a cut and am leaning towards this split. Just wanted to see why, in your opinion, this workout is most effective, specifically when cutting. Also, how many exercises do you normally include, one per bodypart, mainly compound exercises?

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
                Hey pu, I notice you regulary recommend upper/lower splits. As I have mentioned already, I'm preparing for a cut and am leaning towards this split. Just wanted to see why, in your opinion, this workout is most effective, specifically when cutting. Also, how many exercises do you normally include, one per bodypart, mainly compound exercises?
                upper/lower's rock da house!!!

check out my White FLOOD log in my sig below ... I'm not on a full-blown cut, but I've been dropping some fat and seeing some growth with this routine ... i can see it in the mirror and my wife has been making comments about how I'm looking a bit leaner, but my arms, quads, and chest are looking bigger

I took the upper/lower by HolaBola I found on bb.com and modified it for my own preferences

good luck in whatever you end up doing, MJ
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                  upper/lower's rock da house!!!

check out my White FLOOD log in my sig below ... I'm not on a full-blown cut, but I've been dropping some fat and seeing some growth with this routine ... i can see it in the mirror and my wife has been making comments about how I'm looking a bit leaner, but my arms, quads, and chest are looking bigger

I took the upper/lower by HolaBola I found on bb.com and modified it for my own preferences

good luck in whatever you end up doing, MJ

thanks for the info -- I took a look at your routine from your log and I have, what I'm guessing to be, a stupid question. What does the "ME" and "RE" stand for? Appreciate the help, and sorry to the threadstarter for basicaly taking over this thread.

Comment

thanks for the info -- I took a look at your routine from your log and I have, what I'm guessing to be, a stupid question. What does the "ME" and "RE" stand for? Appreciate the help, and sorry to the threadstarter for basicaly taking over this thread.
                    i69u, you've been hijacked

Mos, ME is maximum effort and RE is dynamic effort ... what that means is on the RE upper day, I'm less concerned about hitting a personal best, and more concerned about a decent number of reps ... I love DB Bench, so I have a tendency to try and go balls out on them anyway, but the rest of the lifts are less about maximum effort for that day ... I have two ME Lowers because I'm targeting the quads more on one day and the hams more on the other ... overall leg development is the goal

let me know if that doesn't make sense, because I understand it in my head
                    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                      i69u, you've been hijacked

Mos, ME is maximum effort and RE is dynamic effort ... what that means is on the RE upper day, I'm less concerned about hitting a personal best, and more concerned about a decent number of reps ... I love DB Bench, so I have a tendency to try and go balls out on them anyway, but the rest of the lifts are less about maximum effort for that day ... I have two ME Lowers because I'm targeting the quads more on one day and the hams more on the other ... overall leg development is the goal

let me know if that doesn't make sense, because I understand it in my head

gotcha, i think that makes sense

Comment

"Stimulate and grow" basically... in a cutting context I think the GH release is probably optimal (or close to it) which makes it great for cutting or bulking without feeling like you got hit by a train every day (optimal recover).... also plenty of anecdotal evidence to back it up. I think it's good both for those who tend to overtrain AND those who tend to undertrain.

Of course, I switched to full body for a while, and then back again... so variety really is the spice of life. No doubt in my mind that I would have seen awesome gains switching to GVT or HST as well.

As always... it TOTALLY depends on genetics, diet, supps...

Comment

Working...
                        X