Leg Workouts While Cuttin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg Workouts While Cuttin

I starting "cutting" about a week or so ago and I havent done any heavy leg workouts since, being as I have to do so much more cardio . God I hate cardio, such a cruel yet necessary evil. How often should I be working out my legs while cutting?
    Just as frequently as if i was bulking, but lighter workouts?
    Keep leg workouts heavy but keep them rare?
    Ditch leg workouts for remainder of cutting cycle?

Help?

Personally I don't do legs other than a random leg press here and there and straight leg deads on back day. My legs are sizable as it is and I need my upper to catch up to my lower before I start hitting them hard. However, legs would be good to hit for the simple fact they are the largest muscle group in the body and will require good amounts of nutrients and calories to maintain/repair. It's really a decision on if you choose to do them or not.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

anyone else care to drop me some advise?

Comment

id actually like to hear some peoples opinion on this, as well, since i will start cutting in a few weeks and need to start figuring out what my split/routine is going to look like.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
            I train my legs multiple times a week when Im cutting and still gain or keep strength. The thing that you dont wanna do is a 20rep squat followed by a drop set follwed by another drop set. Followed by a ME attempt.

And anyone who doesnt train legs is a pussy

I do:

Tue:
            Squat 6x3 50%

Thur:
            Squat 4x3 70%

Sun:
            Squat 4x3 85%
            Last edited by LancerV; 02-26-2007, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV

And anyone who doesnt train legs is a pussy

That's a rather moronic remark. There are those of us who just don't NEED to do legs nearly as much as anyone else. For those of us gifted enough to play sports in our youth that were lower body intensive, working to build legs now doesn't make alot of sense when the upper body and lower body aren't equal. Also, due to bad knees, squats aren't exactly on the itinerary. However, I can still easily do 665x12x4 on a leg press and I can still hit 315 on deads with 225 on straight leg deads. But, like I said, I don't NEED to.
              Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                However, I can still easily do 665x12x4 on a leg press and I can still hit 315 on deads with 225 on straight leg deads. But, like I said, I don't NEED to.
                Mentioned every workout for legs but Squats... and if you squat right it will actually help your knees.

Comment

That's a rather moronic remark. There are those of us who just don't NEED to do legs nearly as much as anyone else. For those of us gifted enough to play sports in our youth that were lower body intensive, working to build legs now doesn't make alot of sense when the upper body and lower body aren't equal. Also, due to bad knees, squats aren't exactly on the itinerary. However, I can still easily do 665x12x4 on a leg press and I can still hit 315 on deads with 225 on straight leg deads. But, like I said, I don't NEED to.
                  If you did Leg work regularly, i believe it would boost your test levels and help you to grow all over.

Comment

Mentioned every workout for legs but Squats... and if you squat right it will actually help your knees.
                    Actually, no, I didn't mention extensions, curls, lunges, calves, or hack squats. I don't do any of those, because as I mentioned, it's not a necessity for me. Also, squats won't help lack of cartilage in my knees. Adrian, I'm cutting, so I am not working to grow all over and last blood work said my test was fine for my age, but thanks.

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Actually, no, I didn't mention extensions, curls, lunges, calves, or hack squats. I don't do any of those, because as I mentioned, it's not a necessity for me. Also, squats won't help lack of cartilage in my knees.
                      Yea but leg press = bad on kness, SLDL shoudnt put any tension on your knees, same with DL's. Also if your learn how to squat right it wont put any pressure on your knees so it wont matter about the lack of cartilage

Comment

Anymore opinions on what I should be doing for legs while Cutting?

Comment

Also if your learn how to squat right it wont put any pressure on your knees so it wont matter about the lack of cartilage
                          so every lifter I've seen with knee wraps is performing the squat incorrectly? where is the research that squats improve knee cartilage? links are very helpful to distinguish between your opinion and actual facts

to the original poster ... i don't see any problems with you doing heavy leg workouts while you're cutting ... i think you should listen to your body and do the workouts as you see fit ... if you're doing long cardio sessions and your legs are feelin' beat the next day, then take a rest and don't do a lower body routine that day ... if you work the rowing machine one day and your legs are feeling solid then go load some plates!!!

don't listen to a complete stranger that spouts off because he thinks this and he thinks that ... you do what you feel is making the best impact for you and your goals

best of luck with the cut ... i hate cardio too
                          jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                            i hate cardio too
                            BLASPHEMER!
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                              so every lifter I've seen with knee wraps is performing the squat incorrectly? where is the research that squats improve knee cartilage? links are very helpful to distinguish between your opinion and actual facts
                              What does knee wraps have to do with squatting incorrectly?

Comment

Working...
                              X