The soda demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The soda demon

I knew Cokes were really bad for you but did not really understand just HOW MUCH weight you gain while on them. I weighed in at 258 lbs on Monday AM pre work out. Last Dr. Pepper was Sunday. Today, just to see if anything changed from drinking garbage drinks to H2O and tea, my pre workout weight was 248 lbs. 10 lbs in 3 days just from drinking water. I did notice the gut was not protruding as much and the bloated feeling was gone by Tuesday afternoon. I had to step on the scale 2 and 3 times just to make sure it was correct. I could not believe it.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Originally posted by icetrauma
    I knew Cokes were really bad for you but did not really understand just HOW MUCH weight you gain while on them. I weighed in at 258 lbs on Monday AM pre work out. Last Dr. Pepper was Sunday. Today, just to see if anything changed from drinking garbage drinks to H2O and tea, my pre workout weight was 248 lbs. 10 lbs in 3 days just from drinking water. I did notice the gut was not protruding as much and the bloated feeling was gone by Tuesday afternoon. I had to step on the scale 2 and 3 times just to make sure it was correct. I could not believe it.

Lol....

Though your Mr. Olympia says drinking a pop post w/o is what he uses to spike his insullin. Wonder what would cause you to drop 10lbs though, were you drinking a 12 pack a day?
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

pretty close at least about 80 oz. 5 days a week. I drank more Dr. Pepper in December than the whole year combined.
      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
        pretty close at least about 80 oz. 5 days a week. I drank more Dr. Pepper in December than the whole year combined.

Well there isnt much sodium, so wouldnt make you hold a lot of water, but there is 100 calories in 8oz, 80oz = 1000 very very very empty calories. You'll drop weight from not drinking that crap real fast.

Nutrition Facts

Size: 8 fl oz (240mL)
        Amount Per Serving
        Calories 100
        % Daily Value
        Total Fat 0g 0%
        Sodium 35mg 1%
        Total Carb. 27g 9%
        Sugars 27g
        Protein 0g

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
        Last edited by Sethva; 01-18-2007, 10:21 AM.
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

mmmm....soda. I could never give it up!

Code Red!
          coke!
          Mountain Dew!

Comment

sodas horrible for oyu. next time your car engine is correded, pour some soda on it and watch it get clean.word.

Comment

Coke cleans chrome in a few minutes. Also, Dr. Pepper (rumor) is suppose to cause testicular cancer. Bet that would make you quit in a hurry. Or we'll just call you One Nut.

I quit Pepsi like you did and had similar losses weight wise, mixed with eatting better, more water and more exercise. Pop is crap, end of story.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
              US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                mmmm....soda. I could never give it up!

Code Red!
                coke!
                Mountain Dew!
                MD for the win!!! But I have quit myself, I was actually a Sobe NoFear junkie.

Comment

Working...
                X