Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best "slow" Protein Powder

Hi folks,

What is the absolute BEST (working/tasting) slow protein powder that you have ever tried? Is it a blend, Micellar Casein, Egg Protein etc. etc. Which brand(s) do u prefer? Share it with everyone on this board!

< -- i just love using this smiley so thats why its included here.

My personal fav is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide.

I have tried ON 100% Casein, but that mixes like complete crap. The UP mixes easily with a spoon in a cup and the choc tastes fantastic. Like Hershey's in milk.

I have also used some milk protein isolate/whey custom blends. For some reason, they leave me feeling a little bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by RB12
      My personal fav is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide.

I have tried ON 100% Casein, but that mixes like complete crap. The UP mixes easily with a spoon in a cup and the choc tastes fantastic. Like Hershey's in milk.

I have also used some milk protein isolate/whey custom blends. For some reason, they leave me feeling a little bloated.
      UP for the win!

Comment

agree with above 2

or just get bulk casein powder from a plac elike true protein, etc. ..

you can slow any proteins absorbation by adding milk, and fats to it also

Comment

Milk + Whey

Comment

currently, i have 8 tubs max milk that im using as my slow protein and i like it!

8oz fat free milk and 1 scoop max milk is 270 calories and 26 grams protein!

Jdub

Comment

I have ordered Micellar Casein from Reflex Nutrition a few days ago:

http://www.reflex-nutrition.com/spor...ument_12_2.php

Its a UK company, anyone familiar with there products? Looks pretty good to me Gonna give it a try soon.

Other products i've uses in the past include Syntrax Matrix 5.0 and some Calcium Casein products.

Other brands i have look at are PVL ( ISO-STACK ), looks pretty good. Does anyone has any experience with this product?

Comment

I always like EVOPRO and LEAN DESSERT/SYNTHA-6 for slow digesting proteins.

Comment

Yeah, I like Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide as well as CytoSports' Evopro. If i run out of those I just used low fat cottage cheese and some flax or Peanut Butter to help slow the digestion.

Comment

ultra peptide
                    sustain

I also just made me a batch from trueprotein..

It's like this:

25% milk isolate
                    25% whey isolate
                    15% egg
                    35% micellar casein

It's a combination of slow/fast that digest at different rates for a long lasting effect..

I also used aminogen to top it off to digest the protein better.

I used BSL flavors watermelon for 3lbs and banana/strawberry for the other 3lbs.
                    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Oohh that sounds damn good!
                      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                        ultra peptide
                        sustain

It's like this:

25% milk isolate
                        25% whey isolate
                        15% egg
                        35% micellar casein

It's a combination of slow/fast that digest at different rates for a long lasting effect..

I used BSL flavors watermelon for 3lbs and banana/strawberry for the other 3lbs.
                        Thats an awesome blend

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                          ultra peptide
                          sustain

It's like this:

25% milk isolate
                          25% whey isolate
                          15% egg
                          35% micellar casein

Let us know how it tastes (my experience with trueprotein flavors was pretty bad)

Comment

Working...
                          X