Carnitine Q???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnitine Q???

Looking to add Carnitine to my current stack. I see that there is L-Carnitine and Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Although similar, I see some recommend one over the other. Confused as to which to take and the correct dosage? Thanks for any advice here fellas!

Originally posted by AJM
    Looking to add Carnitine to my current stack. I see that there is L-Carnitine and Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Although similar, I see some recommend one over the other. Confused as to which to take and the correct dosage? Thanks for any advice here fellas!
    They both are good for the body, but I believe if you needed one over the other, Acetyl is the better choice. I believe the absorbtion is better, but I could be mistaken. Dosages, don't know. Could google it.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

acetyl L carnitine, aka ALCAR, is the better choice.. Much better, in fact.. L carnitine is an amino acid that is lipotropic, meaning it helps in the transport of fat.

ALCAR has many many benefits. 1-2 grams per day would do the trick.
      www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
        acetyl L carnitine, aka ALCAR, is the better choice.. Much better, in fact.. L carnitine is an amino acid that is lipotropic, meaning it helps in the transport of fat.

ALCAR has many many benefits. 1-2 grams per day would do the trick.
        Thanks Mr. Aries, I appreciate the advice! By the way, do you recommend taking with meals or preworkout,etc.? Also, should I take ALCAR daily long-term like a multi or is it best cycled on/off or used only at certain times? ie. cutting, bulking. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
          Thanks Mr. Aries, I appreciate the advice! By the way, do you recommend taking with meals or preworkout,etc.? Also, should I take ALCAR daily long-term like a multi or is it best cycled on/off or used only at certain times? ie. cutting, bulking. Thanks again!
          I don't see why it would be bad to take long term, seeing as L-carnitine is used by the body regularly. Alcar is just a better version of it. Also, I believe you take it 3 times daily, so you can toss it in with meals.
          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
            I don't see why it would be bad to take long term, seeing as L-carnitine is used by the body regularly. Alcar is just a better version of it. Also, I believe you take it 3 times daily, so you can toss it in with meals.
            Sounds good. Thanks Spartan!

Comment

Any time.

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

alcar should be taken on a empty stomach to realize it's full effect.
                www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

I like regular L-Carnitine and I agree about the empty stomach... it stacks well (bang-for-buck) with GABA pre-workout / pre-cardio.

Comment

I like either L-Car or ALCAR, did not notice much from PLCAR. Plus the PLCAR clumps really bad and picks up moisture fast.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                      I like regular L-Carnitine and I agree about the empty stomach... it stacks well (bang-for-buck) with GABA pre-workout / pre-cardio.
                      Hey PT, hope you are well. What's GABA?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                        I like either L-Car or ALCAR, did not notice much from PLCAR. Plus the PLCAR clumps really bad and picks up moisture fast.

I've used both ALCAR and PLCAR separately as part of my "brain stack". PLCAR tends to hit me harder with a buzz, but I only got it because it was on sale. I still think ALCAR is the better choice, as more tests were done on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
                          Hey PT, hope you are well. What's GABA?
                          Ok. Checked out GABA. Sounds pretty good. I just don't know how many more things I should throw in my body at one time. It's gotta become overkill at some point. Anyone else using GABA regularly and with what kinda results?
                          Is this considered a core supplement for hard training or more of a use here and there thing?

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
                            Ok. Checked out GABA. Sounds pretty good. I just don't know how many more things I should throw in my body at one time. It's gotta become overkill at some point.
                            Definately agree with ya there... maybe keep it in mind for the future sometime.

Comment

Working...
                            X