Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chest & Abs Question.....(possible Injury)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest & Abs Question.....(possible Injury)

I need some good opinions on my situation.
    I do not train abs on a regular basis like I should, but I do train them a couple times a month usually.
    Last Thursday I trained them decent. I didn’t hit them hard, but good enough for me. Thursday went by and I was fine.
    I woke up Friday and was still fine. So I went to the gym to train my chest.
    I had an AWESOME chest day. I hit it hard from every angle and was lifting more than what I usually do. I would say that I did more volume with more weight as well (more than normal). Here’s where it gets bad for me…..
    After working out, my wife and I go to eat lunch. I would say that an hour went by after I lifted my last weight to the time we went to eat. When we get to the resteraunt I notice that my lower left to center of my “belly” area or what I’m going to call my ab area is VERY sore.
    So here I am on day 4 with a little improvement on how I feel.
    Some of the soreness has gone away, but I do still have some pain in that area.
    My question for all of you is, what do you think the problem is? What are the chances of a pulled or strained muscle in that area in just that location? Wouldn’t the opposite location be sore as well?
    Do the abs get involved with heavy lifting when doing chest?
    I’m a big fan of supplements of course but I guess I am a little worried that maybe something internally is a little stressed out. I’m not sure what to think at this point, but I do hope that it is a pulled muscle or something like that. Thoughts & opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by LittleMan
    I need some good opinions on my situation.
    I do not train abs on a regular basis like I should, but I do train them a couple times a month usually.
    Last Thursday I trained them decent. I didn’t hit them hard, but good enough for me. Thursday went by and I was fine.
    I woke up Friday and was still fine. So I went to the gym to train my chest.
    I had an AWESOME chest day. I hit it hard from every angle and was lifting more than what I usually do. I would say that I did more volume with more weight as well (more than normal). Here’s where it gets bad for me…..
    After working out, my wife and I go to eat lunch. I would say that an hour went by after I lifted my last weight to the time we went to eat. When we get to the resteraunt I notice that my lower left to center of my “belly” area or what I’m going to call my ab area is VERY sore.
    So here I am on day 4 with a little improvement on how I feel.
    Some of the soreness has gone away, but I do still have some pain in that area.
    My question for all of you is, what do you think the problem is? What are the chances of a pulled or strained muscle in that area in just that location? Wouldn’t the opposite location be sore as well?
    Do the abs get involved with heavy lifting when doing chest?
    I’m a big fan of supplements of course but I guess I am a little worried that maybe something internally is a little stressed out. I’m not sure what to think at this point, but I do hope that it is a pulled muscle or something like that. Thoughts & opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Yes your abs are involved in lifting. They're your core muscles, and work to keep your stable even when doing standing lifts. If you pulled a muscle, the opposite side doesn't need to be hurt/sore for one part to be affected. How old are you? You could have hernia tbh. Since it's day 4 and none to little improvement, I'd say see your Dr. I work abs about twice a week, but feel them in bench, standing tri extensions, etc. They're pretty important muscles, but also, if not hit on a regular basis and you hit them hard, soreness will last longer. IMO, see a Dr. Good luck!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment