Caffeine - stomach problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caffeine - stomach problems?

Just started taking caffeine in addition to my PW/GM pre-workout and it's been working well. However, yesterday and today, I was feeling sluggish as work, with today being my off-day from the gym. Anyhow, I've noticed two things, and not sure they're related to this. 1) Definately feeling hunger even after I get some food in my stomach. 2) Almost get hunger pains if I don't eat shortly thereafter.

Now keep in mind, I eat 4-6 times daily, dropped most excess sugars and simple carbs, increased proteins. Been on this for about 2 months and lost about 10-15lbs (scale fluctuates per day). Never had this problem, and started taking BU and Caffeine on tuesday and yesterday, with a 200mg caffeine last night and this afternoon for a slight boost.

Could the increased caffeine be affecting my metabolism that much to make me almost constantly hungry? Enlighten me.
    One note. I've taken this the last two days at the same time I took my Melting Point dosage. Also, it's a bit of a hunger feeling coupled with perhaps increased stomach acid I believe. Took a few antacids and helped relieve, but caused some massive farts.

Last edited by Spartan; 12-21-2006, 11:46 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

it could be causing you to be more hungry since it is speeding up you metabolism also are you take the stim version of BU if you are in addition to the caffiene you are also getting Yohimbe so the combo could be kicking that metobolism into second gear causing you to feel hungrier. Also if you have a problem with acid reflux or heartburn the increased caffiene could be upsetting this also
    MY GREEN MAG LOG
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Originally posted by cervasa1977
      it could be causing you to be more hungry since it is speeding up you metabolism also are you take the stim version of BU if you are in addition to the caffiene you are also getting Yohimbe so the combo could be kicking that metobolism into second gear causing you to feel hungrier. Also if you have a problem with acid reflux or heartburn the increased caffiene could be upsetting this also
      Nah, taking BU stim free. Thought I had tape-worm tbh for a bit but don't think that's it. Could be the reflux tbh. I had some sharp pains yesterday morning, and took some antacid last night that seemed to help, but good god the farts. Had self-propulsion for a bit. Feeling better today, but no additional caffeine used to "pick me up". Think I'll leave the caffeine to my PW/GM combo pre-workout and that's it.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

did u taper caffeine on? or just start taking 200mg out the blue?

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          did u taper caffeine on? or just start taking 200mg out the blue?
          Was out of the blue mainly, however, problem was mild flu. It has since resolved. Thanks for the answers and info!

Note: Since adding BU to my workout, achieved a goal. Personal best on bench press was a meager 205x5 for 4 sets and that was pushing it. Took BU and on day 2, felt ballsy and stacked 225 on there for 3 sets of 3. Got up and looked and felt damn good. Next goal....230. Nah, just kidding, gonna shoot for 315, but that's a WAYS off. Happy with the current place however. Since I began with CL supps, my cardio has gotten MUCH better (PW/GM) and my strength looks like it's gonna make leaps. Matter of fact, in the past 2.5 months, almost all my lifts increased by about 50% weight. While perhaps not all CL, the help is definately noticeable. Thanks for quality products!

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment