Guggulsterones EZ good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guggulsterones EZ good or bad?

What is your opionion on Guggulsterones? I know they are in Red Acid and there are some people that say they are toxic but I personally have had good success with them.

dont use them long term

Comment

the reformulation of red acid will not have them in there since there is too much controversy to benefit ratio. personally I like them, but they stop many from purchasing the product and dont contribute much to the benefits compared to some other things we will be adding in in their place.
      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
      Purple Psyko
      Gold Feast
      Blue Gene
      Blue Growth
      REDuction AM/PM Shots
      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
      Orange TRIad
      White Flood (5 Flavors)
      Black Hole
      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood 2
      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
      Blue Up
      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
        the reformulation of red acid will not have them in there since there is too much controversy to benefit ratio. personally I like them, but they stop many from purchasing the product and dont contribute much to the benefits compared to some other things we will be adding in in their place.
        Good call on that one boss! I personally like G EZ too, but I think that for marketing/sales purposes for our health-minded consumers, it is good to leave them out.

With that being said, if it makes my Red Acid less effective I shall kill everyone.. I'll go postal.. I'll do it!
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
          Good call on that one boss! I personally like G EZ too, but I think that for marketing/sales purposes for our health-minded consumers, it is good to leave them out.

With that being said, if it makes my Red Acid less effective I shall kill everyone.. I'll go postal.. I'll do it!
          haha, the guggul is good, but its far from making red acid what it is.

Out Now:
          Purple Psyko
          Gold Feast
          Blue Gene
          Blue Growth
          REDuction AM/PM Shots
          Orange TRIad
          White Flood (5 Flavors)
          Black Hole
          Green Bulge
          White Blood 2
          Blue Up
          Blue Up (Stim-Free)
          CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

haha, the guggul is good, but its far from making red acid what it is.
            With Hoodia, Cayenne, Forskolin, EGCG, tyrosine, caffeine, AND the tta.. you can't go wrong!
            Back to the basics!

Comment

With Hoodia, Cayenne, Forskolin, EGCG, tyrosine, caffeine, AND the tta.. you can't go wrong!
              there will be many changes to it in the future (for the better in my opinion) the changes will also make it Vitamin Shoppe friendly in case they eventually want to pick it up. we still have enough inventory left for about 3 more months though, but once its gone we will move on to the new advanced formula.
              Last edited by Controlled Labs; 05-27-2006, 10:16 AM.

Out Now:
              Purple Psyko
              Gold Feast
              Blue Gene
              Blue Growth
              REDuction AM/PM Shots
              Orange TRIad
              White Flood (5 Flavors)
              Black Hole
              Green Bulge
              White Blood 2
              Blue Up
              Blue Up (Stim-Free)
              CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

there will be many changes to it in the future (for the better in my opinion) the changes will also make it Vitamin Shoppe friendly in case they eventually want to pick it up. we still have enough inventory left for about 3 more months though, but once its gone we will move on to the new advanced formula.
                See, your logic is flawed. The easy solution is to send it all to me! Then you can move onto the new formulation and I can SWIM in Red Acid.
                Back to the basics!

Comment

See, your logic is flawed. The easy solution is to send it all to me! Then you can move onto the new formulation and I can SWIM in Red Acid.
                  haha, I am have this odd picture in my head of you swimming through a pool of hundreds of thousands of red capsules like those little kids in mcdonalds do in the ball pits

Out Now:
                  Purple Psyko
                  Gold Feast
                  Blue Gene
                  Blue Growth
                  REDuction AM/PM Shots
                  Orange TRIad
                  White Flood (5 Flavors)
                  Black Hole
                  Green Bulge
                  White Blood 2
                  Blue Up
                  Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                  CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

haha, I am have this odd picture in my head of you swimming through a pool of hundreds of thousands of red capsules like those little kids in mcdonalds do in the ball pits
                    Excuse me for a moment, I just had an orgasm at that thought..

I'd be like Scrooge McDuck with my vault of Red Acid!
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

Excuse me for a moment, I just had an orgasm at that thought..

I'd be like Scrooge McDuck with my vault of Red Acid!
                      so that is why your keyboard is sticking on the letter "s"

Out Now:
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole
                      Green Bulge
                      White Blood 2
                      Blue Up
                      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

Could someone point me to some info on guggulsterones that is negative, ie side effects etc..... All the info I come across it positive on it.....

Thanks,
                        Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by WayneH
                          Could someone point me to some info on guggulsterones that is negative, ie side effects etc..... All the info I come across it positive on it.....

Thanks,
                          Wayne
                          that's because most of the info out there is positive especially at the doses used in most fat burners.

Out Now:
                          Purple Psyko
                          Gold Feast
                          Blue Gene
                          Blue Growth
                          REDuction AM/PM Shots
                          Orange TRIad
                          White Flood (5 Flavors)
                          Black Hole
                          Green Bulge
                          White Blood 2
                          Blue Up
                          Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                          CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

Originally posted by WayneH

Thanks,
                            Wayne
                            Use pubmed
                            Guggulipid for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia: a randomized controlled trial.

Szapary PO, Wolfe ML, Bloedon LT, Cucchiara AJ, DerMarderosian AH, Cirigliano MD, Rader DJ.

Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6021, USA. szapary@mail.med.upenn.edu

CONTEXT: Herbal extracts from Commiphora mukul (guggul) have been widely used in Asia as cholesterol-lowering agents, and their popularity is increasing in the United States. Recently, guggulsterones, the purported bioactive compounds of guggul, have been shown to be potent antagonists of 2 nuclear hormone receptors involved in cholesterol metabolism, establishing a plausible mechanism of action for the hypolipidemic effects of these extracts. However, there are currently no published safety or efficacy data on the use of guggul extracts in Western populations. OBJECTIVE: To study the short-term safety and efficacy of 2 doses of a standardized guggul extract (guggulipid, containing 2.5% guggulsterones) in healthy adults with hyperlipidemia eating a typical Western diet. DESIGN: Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial using a parallel design, conducted March 2000-August 2001. PARTICIPANTS AND SETTING: A total of 103 ambulatory, community-dwelling, healthy adults with hypercholesterolemia in the Philadelphia, Pa, metropolitan area. INTERVENTION: Oral, 3 times daily doses of standard-dose guggulipid (1000 mg), high-dose guggulipid (2000 mg), or matching placebo. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Percentage change in levels of directly measured low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) after 8 weeks of therapy. Secondary outcome measures included levels of total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C), triglycerides, and directly measured very low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (VLDL-C), as well as adverse events reports and laboratory safety measures including electrolyte levels and hepatic and renal function. RESULTS: Compared with participants randomized to placebo (n = 36), in whom levels of LDL-C decreased by 5%, both standard-dose guggulipid (n = 33) and high-dose guggulipid (n = 34) raised levels of LDL-C by 4% (P =.01 vs placebo) and 5% (P =.006 vs placebo), respectively, at 8 weeks, for a net positive change of 9% to 10%. There were no significant changes in levels of total cholesterol, HDL-C, triglycerides, or VLDL-C in response to treatment with guggulipid in the intention-to-treat analysis. While guggulipid was generally well tolerated, 6 participants treated with guggulipid developed a hypersensitivity rash compared with none in the placebo group. CONCLUSIONS: Despite plausible mechanisms of action, guggulipid did not appear to improve levels of serum cholesterol over the short term in this population of adults with hypercholesterolemia, and might in fact raise levels of LDL-C. Guggulipid also appeared to cause a dermatologic hypersensitivity reaction in some patients.

Guggulsterone activates multiple nuclear receptors and induces CYP3A gene expression through the pregnane X receptor.

Brobst DE, Ding X, Creech KL, Goodwin B, Kelley B, Staudinger JL.

Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, 5046 Malott Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA.

Gugulipid is an extract of the guggul tree, Commiphora mukul, that is used to treat hyperlipidemia in humans. The lipid-lowering activity is found in the stereoisomers and plant sterols Z-guggulsterone and E-guggulsterone. The molecular basis for the lipid-lowering action of guggulsterone has been suggested to be antagonism of the farnesoid X receptor, a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily of ligand-activated transcription factors. To determine whether guggulsterone has the ability to function as an agonist of other nuclear receptor family members, we screened a panel of these proteins for their ability to transactivate reporter genes. Here, we show that guggulsterones activate the estrogen receptor alpha isoform, progesterone receptor, and pregnane X receptor. Concentration-response analysis using reporter gene assays indicate that guggulsterones activate these three receptors with EC(50) values in the low micromolar range. Furthermore, we show that guggulsterone-mediated activation of the pregnane X receptor induces the expression of CYP3A genes in both rodent and human hepatocytes. Protein interaction assays indicate that guggulsterones interact directly with pregnane X receptor, thereby modulating interaction with protein cofactors. We introduce a novel method to screen herbal remedies for their ability to activate pregnane X receptor. Pregnane X receptor activation is known to cause herb-drug interactions, and our data suggest that gugulipid therapy should be used cautiously in patients taking prescription medications that are metabolized by CYP3A family members. Moreover, our data suggest the need for additional studies of guggulsterones agonist activity against estrogen receptor alpha isoform and the progesterone receptor.

Comment

Working...
                            X