Football Exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Exercises

Our coach bought a program from Bigger Faster Stronger and I was looking at it and I think I am going to do it. Its a nice powerful routine. Here is what it looks like

MONDAY
    Dot Drill
    Deadlifts
    Bench Press
    2 Auxiliarys (He has a page of the auxiliary lifts that we can pick from)

TUESDAY
    Dot Drill
    Sprint Work
    Plyometrics
    Abdominals

WEDNESDAY
    Dot Drill
    Deep Squats
    Power Cleans
    2 Auxiliarys

THURSDAY
    Dot Drill
    Sprint Work
    Plyometrics
    Abdominals

FRIDAY
    Dot Drill
    Box Squats
    Towel Bench
    2 Auxiliarys

Then he has Week 1 as 3x3/ Week 2 5x5/ Week 3 (5-4-3-2-1)/ Week 4 (10-8-6) and for Week 5 we just start over at week 1.

I have a few questions. Can anyone find some videos for the Dot Drill, Power Cleans, Deep Squats, Box Squats and Towel Bench. I coudlnt find a video for any of them and Im not very good at learning lifts by reading. Then, When it says like '10-8-6' does that mean we do 3 sets, 1st set we go to 10, 2nd we go to 8 and so on? I dont quite get what that means. So if you could help me with those that would be great.

How does that routine look? I think its pretty solid. Help me out please guys...thanks again!
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Dot Drill:
    http://www.davenport.k12.ia.us/smart...ot%20drill.MPG

Power Cleans:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vide...powerclean.wvx

Box Squat:
    http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/boxsquat.mpg

Deep Squats:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDcwLowGEsg

Towel Bench: (very similar but use a towel rolled up not a board)
    http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/3bpress.wmv

My advice is to read about the execution of the lift and form also along with the videos.

Correct on the rep scheme.

Comment

Ah! It wont let me give you reps! When It lets me, you will get one. Thanks alot for that!

I have a new question though. Alright, Next quarter in school, I have weights class and I will do that routine in that class^^ Then, I will go to Basketball and possibly lift some more depending on what the coach says. Is that good? Until then, I have a half quarter to lift on my own. I was planning on lifting after basketball when I get a meal in. but what if I have to lift during basketball. Im sure our coach will have us do lifts that he wants. What should I do?

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

What type of lifting do you do at practice?

Comment

I donno yet, I havent had a session.

Comment

I cannot imagine much, but see if you can tlak to the coach and explain what you are trying to do and maybe get a little info out of him. Then we will go from there.

I have a friend that is a coach here and I will ask him what they do.

Comment

Alright, I will do that but If I lose my manhood, its your fault. lol Hes not quite Bobby Knight but hes not exactly the happiest coach on the planet. and not too enthustiastic.

Comment

So you may have to run a few extra sets of lines. Still trying to see what I can figure out from my end.

Comment

I have practice from 6-8pm this week. When should I lift? After school?

Comment

Do you have a weight class now? What will you be doing for practice?

Maybe lift in the AM if you can and that way you are rested for practice.

Comment

No, I start my weight class on the 8th of January. Monday, I have practice at 6pm and then at 5:45am on Tuesday then after school Wednesday and Thursday and off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was also thinking, what should I do for Sprint work and Plyometrics. Our coach told us not to do them but I dont know why and I need to get alot faster. Im ready to get after it and get some weight on me before next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                        No, I start my weight class on the 8th of January. Monday, I have practice at 6pm and then at 5:45am on Tuesday then after school Wednesday and Thursday and off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was also thinking, what should I do for Sprint work and Plyometrics. Our coach told us not to do them but I dont know why and I need to get alot faster. Im ready to get after it and get some weight on me before next year.
                        First off I would ask the coach as to why no sprint or plyo work and express your desire, he may have a legitimate reason as to why not. If you can get int he gym in the AM on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Tuesday you can go after school and Friday any time you just want to be careful and not over train, especially if you are lifting for practice.

Comment

DDawg! I got an update man! I talked to my coach finally cuz we have been lifting a little more. My weights teacher, lets us do whatever in that class as far aslifting goes, like own routines etc. I have 2 routines to choose from though. That football one^^ and my basketball which I dont have in front of me but its a mix of strength and conditioning work days. He said he will right me passes for when we have games so I don't have to do anything to strenuous. As for practice, he said I wont have to lift with the team. So if you have the final pieces for this puzzle that would be sweet. I plan on starting when the quarter ends. Thanks again man!

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                            DDawg! I got an update man! I talked to my coach finally cuz we have been lifting a little more. My weights teacher, lets us do whatever in that class as far aslifting goes, like own routines etc. I have 2 routines to choose from though. That football one^^ and my basketball which I dont have in front of me but its a mix of strength and conditioning work days. He said he will right me passes for when we have games so I don't have to do anything to strenuous. As for practice, he said I wont have to lift with the team. So if you have the final pieces for this puzzle that would be sweet. I plan on starting when the quarter ends. Thanks again man!

Well since it is basketball season, I would go with the basketball routine.

Comment

Alright, I will do that for the rest of the quarter. When basketball is over, im getting on that football routine, I gotta get massive.

Comment

Working...
                              X