PDA

View Full Version : :::Orange OxiMega™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):::

Controlled Labs
03-02-2010, 10:06 AM
CONTROLLED LABS - Orange OxiMega™ FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/144/orangeoxsmall.png

Where can I purchase Orange OxiMega™ and how much will it cost ?

Internet retailers will have the best prices (around $37.99 for the combination kit and around $17.99 for the Fish Oil portion solo):
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

How many servings per bottle ?

60 of each product

How many servings per day ?

1-2

So... how many days will each bottle last ?

30-60 days

Can I stack Orange TRIad with this?

Absolutely, that was the intention as a foundational overall health stack for serious lifters and athletes

Does Orange OxiMega™ replace proper nutrition, training, and cardio ?

No, although it will help to fill the gaps in your diet to a tremendous degree

Is Orange OxiMega™ for men or women ?

Both

Does Orange OxiMega™ replace fish, veggies and fruit in my diet?

Yes, it can replace part of your requirements. However, you should continue to consume these as part of your diet as well.

I'm on medication or I have a health condition, should I take Orange OxiMega™ ?

It will most likely be fine, but to be safe, ask your doctor before taking Orange OxiMega™

Is it necessary to cycle Orange OxiMega™ ?

No, Cycling is not required since this is an overall health supplement that should be looked at as part of your diet itself

Is Orange OxiMega™ tablets, capsules or powder? ?

The Fish Oil component is enteric coated citrus flavored softgels and the greens component is spearmint flavored powder

How come the fish oil component of Orange OxiMega™ is only 2 softgels per serving, my current fish oil is 4-6 per serving?

Our softgels contain a very potent dose of dha/epa per softgel, so you have to take fewer softgels (and fat) to get the same content with Orange OxiMega™

What does enteric coating mean?

Enteric coating is used so that the softgels down break down until later in the GI tract. The benefit is that the oil wont come up on you and give you fish burps.

Why are the Orange OxiMega™ fish oil softgels flavored?

Let's be honest, fish oil stinks, literally. the pleasant citrus flavor and smell makes it a pleasure, instead of a hassle, to get your daily fish oil

Will the Orange OxiMega™ fish oil component also be available on its own?

It sure will be, but its a much better deal to get the combo kit as green supplements cost 35-40 dollars most of the time, which makes the fish oil component basically free when purchased as a kit

How many servings of fruit and veggies does Orange OxiMega™ greens component have per serving?

Each serving contains roughly 5 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit

What are the enzymes and probiotics in Orange OxiMega™ designed to accomplish?

Those complexes will help aid your digestion of the high calorie diet you are most likely on if you are lifting or an athlete

What is the Cardiovascular (Nitrate Donor) complex in Orange OxiMega™ intended to do?

This complex includes root and leafy green vegetables that are known to be the highest in natural nitrate levels. Nitrate containing vegetables have been shown to increase heart and vascular health via enhanced nitric oxide levels

What color should the greens portion of Orange OxiMega™ be?

The powder is almost a dark green/brown color and will mix a bit darker. The high level of red beet root powder produces a darker color than most other greens product

How much water should I mix the greens portion of Orange OxiMega™ with?

Most people prefer 3-6 ounces of cold water in a quick refreshing shot. The flavor is a great minty/spearmint taste.

Should either be taken with food? or can you just mix the powder into your supplements?

It is best to take both with solid food meals

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/controlledlabs/OrangeOxiMega_SFBOXweb.jpg

Product Writeup:

Orange OxiMega™: Super Fish Oil & Greens Formulas
SKU: OX101

120 Citrus Flavored Enteric Coated Softgels

Key Attributes:

- Extremely High Potency EPA/DHA
- Enteric Coated and Citrus Flavor (No Fish Burps!)
- Free From Heavy Metals and Other Toxins
- Vitamin E Fortified To Protect the Fish Oil
- 100% Nordic Fish Oils

318 Grams (0.70 Pounds) Spearmint Flavor

Key Attributes:

- Great Spearmint Flavor
- Natural Nitrate Donor Complex for Cardiovascular Health
- NO Artificial Sweeteners, Flavors or Colors
- Added Enzymes & Probiotics for Maximum Absorption
- High in Natural Anti-Oxidants for Enhanced Performance

Many people don’t realize the crucial effects that overall health supplements can play on their training. Without the essential nutrients your body needs to survive and flourish, it cannot build a strong foundation that is so crucial to lean mass gains. Orange OxiMega™ was designed to help you establish a strong, healthful, foundation on which to base your training, diet and supplementation. Coupled together with Orange TRIad™, you will have all of your overall health requirements exceeded including omegas, vitamins, minerals, fruit, vegetables, digestive support, immune support, joint support, and cardiovascular support.

Orange OxiMega™ is comprised of two products in every box. The first is a very high potency Nordic fish oil product that is 60% DHA/EPA. This is an extremely high level which allows for the overall consumption of less fat and cholesterol from your omega intake. Not only are these Nordic fish oil softgels a nutritional masterpiece, but they are enteric coated and citrus flavored so they smell/taste very good and you will not get any regurgitation (fish oil burps) that is common with cheaper more crude fish oil formulations. Our Nordic fish oil is also free from all contaminants and is molecularly protected with the inclusion of vitamin E so you can be assured of the utmost quality.

The second component of Orange OxiMega™ is a true sports greens product, which is the first of its kind. This is no ordinary greens product; it has additional complexes geared towards real athletes. The “Cardiovascular Complex” is full of nitrate donor vegetables, including a potent dose of red beet root, which have been shown to increase endurance, nitric oxide levels and cardiovascular health in exercising humans in a clinical setting. The key to these vegetables are the nitrates that are found in them and illicit this effect when they come in contact with the human tongue and GI tract. The enzyme, probiotic and anti-oxidant blends will help the body absorb and utilize the highest level of nutrients from your diet and supplementation for maximum results. Not only is this greens formulation healthful, but it tastes delicious too with its 100% naturally flavored spearmint without the use of any artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors (the product will mix a dark green/brown color due to the high level of red beet root in the formula).

Establish a STRONG foundation for maximum gains in the GYM and in LIFE with Orange OxiMega™!

sandaddiction
03-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Awesome:clap:

Arch
03-02-2010, 10:21 AM
WoW, not what i expected at all, but exactly what CL delivers, looks awesome guys keep up the good work!

sandaddiction
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
When can we expect this to be released?

How many servings are recommending for the veggie and would it be too much with the veggies in Golden Gains

pu12en12g
03-02-2010, 10:36 AM
How many servings are recommending for the veggie and would it be too much with the veggies in Golden Gains

I plan to take both for sure !

:heavy lifting:

Controlled Labs
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
thanks guys. this stacked with orange triad is the ultimate overall health product for athletes and lifters :)
When can we expect this to be released?

should start shipping early next week.

if your taking golden gains and other veggies with meals 1 scoop is more than enough. if your taking in no golden gains and few or no fresh veggies then 2 scoops would be better

BiPolar
03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Will there be a Combo by any chance? Orange OxiMega/Orange Triad :D

JC32
03-02-2010, 11:30 AM

I was actually wondering this exactly. I guess my plan is take one serving of the fish oil and one serving of the veggies... and also my Golden Gains. Between the 2 I guess I'll never have to eat another veggie again... lolol.

sandaddiction
03-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I was actually wondering this exactly. I guess my plan is take one serving of the fish oil and one serving of the veggies... and also my Golden Gains. Between the 2 I guess I'll never have to eat another veggie again... lolol.

:rave: I never eat veggies and I hope this fills the gap between two scoops of golden gains and a scoop of the complex

bull.dogz
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM

:rave: I never eat veggies and I hope this fills the gap between two scoops of golden gains and a scoop of the complex

if your taking golden gains and other veggies with meals 1 scoop is more than enough. if your taking in no golden gains and few or no fresh veggies then 2 scoops would be better

This^^ :)

milanboneta
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I want to say that i really like how the greens product has stevia in it as opposed to artificial sweeteners. Is controlled labs considering changing this in all there products? This is the only thing that worries be about taking supplements, the artificial sweeteners.

Controlled Labs
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Will there be a Combo by any chance? Orange OxiMega/Orange Triad :D
we hope, but bb.com is very slow with combos. we are waiting on some for over 6 months now

haha, sounds good

I want to say that i really like how the greens product has stevia in it as opposed to artificial sweeteners. Is controlled labs considering changing this in all there products? This is the only thing that worries be about taking supplements, the artificial sweeteners.

yup, this product is all natural. its hard to sweeten with stevia, but it worked nicely with this one

BiPolar
03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
we hope, but bb.com is very slow with combos. we are waiting on some for over 6 months now

wow that sucks! either way ill still buy it :)

force
03-02-2010, 12:38 PM
did i win anything for guessing correctly?
:bounce:

force
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
the great thing about this is, it's one more staple that can be purchased from CL (instead of other places). will be adding this for sure, as i rarely get enough veggies. thank you CL. thank you.

Gtrain83
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I will certainly be adding this to my supplement list. The fish oil is more potent than what I currently take and the greens complex is just awesome. Nice work CL!

bull.dogz
03-02-2010, 01:33 PM
did i win anything for guessing correctly?
:bounce:

A special night with one of the reps?

I think Dracoy is free. :p

Sethva
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow this looks promising - I eat very little veggies so this is a home run for me.

force
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
A special night with one of the reps?

I think Dracoy is free. :p

you are bad
lulz
:moon:

Dracoy
03-02-2010, 02:05 PM
LOL. Maybe after the CPA :p

milanboneta
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM

haha, sounds good

yup, this product is all natural. its hard to sweeten with stevia, but it worked nicely with this one

Thats unfortunate because stevia is good! Is it hard mixing it with powders? Because my natural whey tastes much better than the regular and its the same price.

jiritt0
03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I plan to take both for sure !

If I paid the same price as you (I imagine..), I would take both year round as well.

pu12en12g
03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
If I paid the same price as you (I imagine..), I would take both year round as well.

:clap:

farmerson12
03-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Fantastic product. The greens product was definitely not expected by me but its nice to see. There is too many products on the market that are geared just towards ability enhancement and not toward health. Great job CL.

breathemetal
03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
WOOT! Gotta get me tons of this!

conda
03-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm no Rep...

But i'm free!

:banana2:
But i heard Drac will meet you in a dark park.

Btw This Kit looks FANTASTIC!

r3dgh0s7
03-03-2010, 12:03 AM
BB.com needs to throw it on the site.. Im anxious

cervasa1977
03-03-2010, 08:03 AM
BB.com needs to throw it on the site.. Im anxious

we shoudl start shipping this monday if not sooner then should be up on the sites shortly after that

force
03-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm no Rep...

But i'm free!

:banana2:
But i heard Drac will meet you in a dark park.

i might consider both of you (no homo)

Illilian
03-03-2010, 09:45 AM

your statement is an oxymoron.

I think you need a healthy dose of anti-oxidants found in ORANGE OxiMega... KAPOWW!

force
03-03-2010, 10:10 AM
your statement is an oxymoron.

I think you need a healthy dose of anti-oxidants found in ORANGE OxiMega... KAPOWW!

lulz
maybe i'm just not sure of my sexual preference. a part of me says, "anaconda and dracoy are so f'n hot" but then the other part of me says "what are you doing, that's gay!!"
:)

Persch889
03-03-2010, 11:18 AM
I am assuming that the UPC's are 1/2 each? Like Reduction AM/PM.

force
03-03-2010, 11:21 AM

i'm assuming you're trying to change the subject

Controlled Labs
03-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Fantastic product. The greens product was definitely not expected by me but its nice to see. There is too many products on the market that are geared just towards ability enhancement and not toward health. Great job CL.
its both. look into the nitrate donors (that is the tip of the ice berg) :)

kit is 1 upc, fish oil on its own is a half just like reduction pm

farmerson12
03-03-2010, 12:46 PM
its both. look into the nitrate donors (that is the tip of the ice berg) :)

Word

conda
03-03-2010, 01:38 PM

:jaw drop:

Curse
03-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I got a bottle and a 1/2 of Opti-men, and 3/4 of a bottle of other fishoil before i can switch to 100% Orange :( sucks because i really want this stuff.

I love the powder mix, i hate drinking just water. Now it can be healthy(ier) water!

Controlled Labs
03-04-2010, 10:20 AM

I got a bottle and a 1/2 of Opti-men, and 3/4 of a bottle of other fishoil before i can switch to 100% Orange :( sucks because i really want this stuff.

I love the powder mix, i hate drinking just water. Now it can be healthy(ier) water!
thats not much, that is only a few weeks worth, by the time the sites get this and you get y our shipment you will be done with what you have :)

r3dgh0s7
03-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Do you know if any of the retailers have it on their site yet? I want to give CL my money, lol

Controlled Labs
03-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Do you know if any of the retailers have it on their site yet? I want to give CL my money, lol

nope, we are shipping on wednesday

Persch889
03-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Will there be a sample available for maybe the Greens Complex? Or no plans for samples for these new products?

seanhs
03-05-2010, 10:22 AM
I have a ton of chocolate whey sitting around... have you guys tried mixing the greens portion of oximega w/ a chocolate shake, making a mint chocolate shake? Would be a like a poor mans Golden Gains! Or, do you think it'd just be nasty?

Controlled Labs
03-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Will there be a sample available for maybe the Greens Complex? Or no plans for samples for these new products?
no samples planned.

I have a ton of chocolate whey sitting around... have you guys tried mixing the greens portion of oximega w/ a chocolate shake, making a mint chocolate shake? Would be a like a poor mans Golden Gains! Or, do you think it'd just be nasty?

i have been planning to, but working all night on email issues which are finally now fixed.

seanhs
03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
cool, let us know how it tastes.

farmerson12
03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Interesting idea. I myself just cant see that tasting well but hopefully im wrong. I guess it depends on the person. Some love mint and some dont. That sure would make a healthy shake though

Malice
03-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I'll be getting some of this as soon as I can get it. I only have about 4 servings of fish oil left and have been thinking about getting a greens supp again so this will work out perfectly.

breathemetal
03-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I just threw away all my old fish oil.
That GNC stuff sucked.
Burped up nasty fish every time! BLEH!
:more vomit:

Controlled Labs
03-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll be getting some of this as soon as I can get it. I only have about 4 servings of fish oil left and have been thinking about getting a greens supp again so this will work out perfectly.
yeah, hopefully this will encourage people to take a greater look at their diet and health and get them to use a green product now that the price and convenience is right

That GNC stuff sucked.

yuck :more vomit:

force
03-05-2010, 11:05 PM
That GNC stuff sucked.

yeah, hopefully this will encourage people to take a greater look at their diet and health and get them to use a green product now that the price and convenience is right

yuck :more vomit:

yeah yuck :more vomit:

breathemetal
03-07-2010, 12:37 AM
I am so excited to try this! My shipment should be in the mail soon and I will be logging it :) Already started a thread, haha, im a bit eager.

This will be awesome since I don't get a lot of fruits in my diet, and lately ive backed off on the greens when i used to eat a ton :/ oh well.

And the fish oil will be awesome as i just dumped my current batch of gnc fish oil, that stuff was more than disgusting.

Controlled Labs
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I am so excited to try this! My shipment should be in the mail soon and I will be logging it :) Already started a thread, haha, im a bit eager.

This will be awesome since I don't get a lot of fruits in my diet, and lately ive backed off on the greens when i used to eat a ton :/ oh well.

And the fish oil will be awesome as i just dumped my current batch of gnc fish oil, that stuff was more than disgusting.

we anticipate shipping tomorrow evening or early Wednesday :)

Doully
04-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Any of the Aussie contingent got the kit through Customs?

Going to order soon and thought I'd ask, you never know with AU Customs. Better to be safe than sorry.

Housekeeping: Shouldn't this thread be with the other FAQs? :clean:

Controlled Labs
04-17-2010, 10:18 PM

Going to order soon and thought I'd ask, you never know with AU Customs. Better to be safe than sorry.

saw someone who did get it through, shouldnt be an issue.

will move to the FAQ section in a few more weeks.

Ryan12
04-17-2010, 10:39 PM

Got it through aussie customs fine.

Doully
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM

Cheers!

Controlled Labs
04-19-2010, 12:21 PM

Cheers!
yup, seems to be making it through fine

g1ovann1
04-27-2010, 02:10 AM
Hey guys, looking to make the switch over to the oximega kit, however, I have a few questions about the fish oil product.

I am currently using Now Ultra Omega-3; It has:

Serving size = 1 softgel

Amount per serving:
1,000mg of Natural Fish Oil Concentrate
750mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
->500mg of EPA
->250mg of DHA
Other ingredients include (gelatin, glycerin, water and enteric coating)
*contains 2 IU of vitamin E per serving

The controlled labs fish oil has:

Serving size = 2 softgels

Amount per serving:
2000mg of Total omega-3 fatty acids
->800mg of EPA
->400mg of DHA
->800mg of Mixed Fatty Acids
Other ingredients include (Hydroxypropryl Methylcellulose, Citrus Flavor, Gelatin, Glycerin, and Water)
*contains 20 IU of vitamin E per serving

My first question is: What exactly are the "mixed fatty acids"? (With the Now Ultra Omega-3 there is 1000mg of natural fish oil concentrate, would this be the same thing as the mixed fatty acids in the CL product...just listed differently?) I am just curious as to why one product has 1,000mg of concentrate, and one has none...but adds a category of mixed fatty acids.

My second question is: Am I correct that the Hydroxypropryl Methylcellulose is just the scientific compound for "enteric coating"?

My third question is: Any reason for the high level of vitamin E content per serving (~7% dv compared to ~67% dv)?

Really looking forward to trying this kit out once I get this info cleared up...just trying to gain some more insight on whats what, thanks!

Controlled Labs
04-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey guys, looking to make the switch over to the oximega kit, however, I have a few questions about the fish oil product.

I am currently using Now Ultra Omega-3; It has:

Serving size = 1 softgel

Amount per serving:
1,000mg of Natural Fish Oil Concentrate
750mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
->500mg of EPA
->250mg of DHA
Other ingredients include (gelatin, glycerin, water and enteric coating)
*contains 2 IU of vitamin E per serving

The controlled labs fish oil has:

Serving size = 2 softgels

Amount per serving:
2000mg of Total omega-3 fatty acids
->800mg of EPA
->400mg of DHA
->800mg of Mixed Fatty Acids
Other ingredients include (Hydroxypropryl Methylcellulose, Citrus Flavor, Gelatin, Glycerin, and Water)
*contains 20 IU of vitamin E per serving

My first question is: What exactly are the "mixed fatty acids"? (With the Now Ultra Omega-3 there is 1000mg of natural fish oil concentrate, would this be the same thing as the mixed fatty acids in the CL product...just listed differently?) I am just curious as to why one product has 1,000mg of concentrate, and one has none...but adds a category of mixed fatty acids.

My second question is: Am I correct that the Hydroxypropryl Methylcellulose is just the scientific compound for "enteric coating"?

My third question is: Any reason for the high level of vitamin E content per serving (~7% dv compared to ~67% dv)?

Really looking forward to trying this kit out once I get this info cleared up...just trying to gain some more insight on whats what, thanks!

Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is part of the coating, it is a less harsh way of enteric coating the softgel.

mixed fatty acids is the remainder of the fish oil that is not dha or epa, all fish oils have this but may call it something different.

the vitamin E is important as it helps the fish oil avoid turning rancid.

g1ovann1
04-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Sounds good...kit is ordered!

Dracoy
04-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Awesome questions sand good research man.

Controlled Labs
04-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Sounds good...kit is ordered!
excellent, let us know how you like it :)

Awesome questions sand good research man.

for sure, we love smart customers, those are the ones who buy our products ;)