pre-morning cardio nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-morning cardio nutrition

i was wondering wat some of u do with morning cardio...i dont want to eat alot of food before i do it, but i think it would be better to at least eat something...i was planning on PW before the cardio also but as far as food wat should i do? would taking in a shake before the cardio then just breakfast after be fine?

Generally morning cardio is done on an empty stomach.

So I'd do this -

Pre cardio:
    PW/Caffeine (or something similar)

Post Cardio:
    Shake/Carbs or eat breakfast
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

dang thanx for the quick reply...yea i kinda thought cardio in the morn was meant for empty stomach so thnx...would it change any tho if i was bulking and not doin cardio for fat loss directly...if that even makes sense thnx

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva

So I'd do this -

Pre cardio:

Post Cardio:

I am starting my AM with cardio and I like Super Charge by Labrada 15 min pre workout. Save my CL for PM weights. If only using CL then PW during or just before cardio. Adding caffeine in would be a benefit.
        Last edited by icetrauma; 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by silverNblack10
          i was wondering wat some of u do with morning cardio...i dont want to eat alot of food before i do it, but i think it would be better to at least eat something...i was planning on PW before the cardio also but as far as food wat should i do? would taking in a shake before the cardio then just breakfast after be fine?
          PW + Palatinose / Dex (stimulant / caffeine if needed)
          Last edited by pu12en12g; 11-21-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva

So I'd do this -

Pre cardio:

Post Cardio:
            I have been reading on other forums that this can induce catabolism. Some recommend up to 30g of protein and 10-20g of a carb source (dextrose) prior to AM cardio.

And, of course, nothing wrong with PW during cardio.
            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
              I have been reading on other forums that this can induce catabolism. Some recommend up to 30g of protein and 10-20g of a carb source (dextrose) prior to AM cardio.

And, of course, nothing wrong with PW during cardio.
              I thought the make-up of the PW ingredients and the AA's it provides (ie. arginine are anti-catabolic).
              Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
              US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

if you're taking PW, then is it really empty-stomach? I'd like to read what pu12 has to say on this

I should have modified my quote of Sethva to:
                Which is what may cause catabolism.
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

if you're taking PW, then is it really empty-stomach? I'd like to read what pu12 has to say on this

I should have modified my quote of Sethva to:
                  Which is what may cause catabolism.
                  k, good to clear up!
                  Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

"A study carried out at Kansas State University (Wilcox, Harford & Wedel Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise, 17:2, 1985), indicates that a kilogram of fat will be oxidized sooner when exercising in the fasted condition in the morning than when doing the same exercise in the afternoon. By measuring respiratory gas exchange, caloric expenditure, and carbohydrate and fatty acid metabolism, these researchers showed that the mass of fat burned during aerobic exercise amounts to 67% of the total energy expenditure achieved when the same exercise is done later in the day or in the fed state."

However, doing cardio on an empty stomach is the quickest way to lose muscle.

So, which way is best?

The best answer I can give depends on goals. If your looking to lose a good amount of weight, then doing cardio on an emtpy stomach is the best choice, however a good percentage of the weight you lose will be muscle.

If your looking to stay trim, or for general health/cardiovascular reasons, like Strester said, it's better to consume some protein or carbsource prior.

Either way, PW is a great choice for pre-cardio, because it WILL give you anti-catabolic properties, whether on an empty stomach or not.
                    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 11-22-2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows

"A study carried out at Kansas State University (Wilcox, Harford & Wedel Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise, 17:2, 1985), indicates that a kilogram of fat will be oxidized sooner when exercising in the fasted condition in the morning than when doing the same exercise in the afternoon. By measuring respiratory gas exchange, caloric expenditure, and carbohydrate and fatty acid metabolism, these researchers showed that the mass of fat burned during aerobic exercise amounts to 67% of the total energy expenditure achieved when the same exercise is done later in the day or in the fed state."

However, doing cardio on an empty stomach is the quickest way to lose muscle.

So, which way is best?

The best answer I can give depends on goals. If your looking to lose a good amount of weight, then doing cardio on an emtpy stomach is the best choice, however a good percentage of the weight you lose will be muscle.

If your looking to stay trim, or for general health/cardiovascular reasons, like Strester said, it's better to consume some protein or carbsource prior.

Either way, PW is a great choice for pre-cardio, because it WILL give you anti-catabolic properties, whether on an empty stomach or not.
                      While true about the cardio, I would doubt that 10-15 minutes would really break down much. More than 30 minutes or long distance, I could see.

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

if you're taking PW, then is it really empty-stomach?
                        Yes, it's technically "empty stomach" because the amino acids are free form. WRAATH = best of both worlds.
                        Last edited by pu12en12g; 11-25-2006, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X