Purple InTrain Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple InTrain Review

First off, thanks to PT and Tank for sending the samples!! You guys rock!!
    I posted this last night on bb.com too.

Mix ability: 9/10
    I usually mix 2 scoops in 24-32 oz. water. The amount of water depends on how much I’ve already had pre workout. Sometimes I get a little water logged, and use less with my intrain. Mix ability is fantastic !! Intrain mixes quickly and easily. I use a 32 oz. water bottle. Just dump the powder in, and shake it up. Caution, as the label suggests, you should shake this gently if you do not want a foam to form. The foam tends to be rather long lasting. But, imo its not an issue at all. A little foam never hurt anyone! Also, I’ve noticed between sets, that it settles some. This is most likely the hydrolyzed whey in the product. Again, no big deal. As with most of you supp junkies out there, I’ve gotten into the habit of lightly swirling/shaking my intra drink before each sip anyway (regardless of the brand/product). The foam/settling is why I give it a 9 instead of a 10. Still unlike some of the other intra/bcaa products out there, this mixes much faster and does not need time to completely dissolve.

Initial Taste: 5/10
    Ok. I’m only posting this, for individuals who did not like the sample packet. Initially, I did not care much for the taste of intrain. The two sample packets I tried just did not taste good at all to me. I realize taste is subjective, and everyone is different. But, imo, the samples just didn’t do it for me. If you fall into this category, you really want to consider giving a tub of this stuff a try. If you like CL products, don’t be afraid to try the real thing. More info on taste below.

Current Taste: 9/10
    After discussions/suggestions with PT and Tank, I found the “g-spot”. Lol. Oh, don’t worry MrAnaconda. I know where your g-spot is. Or, shall I say gains-spot! Back on track here. For me, the magical ratio was 2 scoops in 20 oz. of water. Now, some of you may be saying, “Hey, you said you usually mix it in 24-32 oz.”. Let me explain. It was kind of a weird transformation for me. And, I think it all stems from the bad tasting sample packets. Mind games? Possibly. Either way, I was amazed at the taste once I found the optimal intrain/water ratio. Since then, I’ve been able to adjust my water amounts all over the place, and still enjoy the taste!! I really think it was a matter of getting past the memory of the samples. Lol. I now look forward to taking a drink after every set. And, as I have read in some other reviews, I have to try really hard to not drink it all before the end of the session!!

Profile: 9/10
    This product is quite different than the xtend I was using prior. As you can see, there is much much more than bcaa’s. This product contains a lot of what body builders look for in an intra. I will be honest here. I read these forums all the time (wife thinks it’s ridiculous). But, I lack the technical knowledge to truly break this product down for you guys. I apologize for this. This product is comparable to other intra’s out there, and has all the indredients I would consider to be beneficial to a weight training athlete!

Effectiveness: 9/10
    I mostly look for better recovery between sets and good stamina from my intra supplementation. With intrain, my recovery has been very good. I have been pushing heavier weight for reps with very quick recovery. Where I notice this most, is with my deadlifts. Prior to taking this supplement, I would get extremely tired/exhausted after each set. And, I mean extremely. Since then, I’ve been increasing the weight while also having increased strength/stamina!! For me, I would have to say this product has been very effective!

Cost Effectiveness: 10/10
    A tub of this stuff will last you many many workouts!! Well, 30 to be exact (at 2 scoops per wo). I workout 3 days a week. So, a tub will last me 10 weeks!!! Wowzers!!!!! Enough said.

OVERALL: 9/10
    Good job here, CL. Being able to make a good-tasting, effective product with this type of profile has to be quite a challenge!! I am very pleased with intrain, and feel you will be too. Sometimes I think we tend to forget that supplements are not miracle workers. They are aids. You still have to put in the hard work!! I look forward to hitting the gym with intrain. And that, in itself, is worth it!!

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
    Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Very nice!
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Comment

nice review
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

thanks, farmerson! thanks, bulldogz!

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Comment

great review!

Comment

thank you, sir. just trying to help out.

Comment

got my sample packet of intrain today! gonna mix it with wrath tomorrow and see if its any different than just 2 scps of wrath

Comment

Comment

Free Samples

Guys thank you so much for the 5 sample pack that you sent to me. IN TRAIN rocks. This stuff makes your ears tingle. Taste,mixing as good as it gets. New user here for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
                    got my sample packet of intrain today! gonna mix it with wrath tomorrow and see if its any different than just 2 scps of wrath
                    well, what did you think?

Originally posted by Krogdep View Post
                    Guys thank you so much for the 5 sample pack that you sent to me. IN TRAIN rocks. This stuff makes your ears tingle. Taste,mixing as good as it gets. New user here for sure!
                    cool!! i've never felt the tingles from any product with BA in it. although, there were a couple times when my shirt felt unusually itchy. could this have been the BA tingles?

Comment

Working...
                    X