Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i still take my protein/carb drink post workout if i take green mag pre workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i still take my protein/carb drink post workout if i take green mag pre workout?

This is my first time trying green mag. I am hoping that it works well as per all the feedback i here from it. I have taken creatine over the past several years. The only creatine i have used was EAS phosphagen HP. This is an old, outdated creatine i guess, although it worked very well giving me size and strength.

I would take the phospagen HP post workout mixed with whey protein and maltodextrin. I see that green mag should be taken about 30 minutes pre workout. Is it a good idea to still take my whey protein/carb shake post workout? I am assuming that it is because you need a fast digesting protein and carb mix post workout to help with recovery, from what i have read.

It seems to work, as i have done this for years now.

Originally posted by jzepp View Post
    This is my first time trying green mag. I am hoping that it works well as per all the feedback i here from it. I have taken creatine over the past several years. The only creatine i have used was EAS phosphagen HP. This is an old, outdated creatine i guess, although it worked very well giving me size and strength.

I would take the phospagen HP post workout mixed with whey protein and maltodextrin. I see that green mag should be taken about 30 minutes pre workout. Is it a good idea to still take my whey protein/carb shake post workout? I am assuming that it is because you need a fast digesting protein and carb mix post workout to help with recovery, from what i have read.

It seems to work, as i have done this for years now.
    yes, continue taking protein and carbs post for sure, looks like everything is set up nicely. let us know how it works out for you
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

you should keep drinking the post work out shake. I take the green mag post workout followed by golden gains, because it raises my insulin level. If you raise your insulin level when you take creatine your body will absorb it better.

Comment

Originally posted by dcall View Post
        golden gains
        ^^^^

Perfect choice for post-workout

Take the MAGnitude pre if at all possible

Comment

I was taking the green mag and white flood pre workout and for some reason the combination was giving me stomach cramps. I drink 2 gallons of water a day, so I wasnt sure what to do. I saw some people take it post so I tried it. The cramps went away when I made the change.

Comment

Originally posted by dcall View Post
            I was taking the green mag and white flood pre workout and for some reason the combination was giving me stomach cramps. I drink 2 gallons of water a day, so I wasnt sure what to do. I saw some people take it post so I tried it. The cramps went away when I made the change.
            did you try taking them with a small carb meal (granola bar or rice cake)?

alternatively, you could take half the green mag pre and half post.

the post portion can even be mixed with golden gains.
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Feel free to play with timing to get best results for yourslef.
              CONTROLLED LABS
              Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
              Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Thanks, I think I will try the half and half idea and try eating some carbs.

Comment

Working...
                X