Still awake after taking WF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still awake after taking WF

Today/Yesterday was my second training day of taking White Flood in a stack with Green Bulge, White Flood and Purple Wraath.

I took one scoop of Green Bulge mixed with two scoops of White Flood at about 6:30 this evening, then mixed 1.5 scoops of Purple Wraath and drank about half of it before 7:15 or so and drank the rest until the end of my workout at 9:30pm.

It's now 5am (in europe) and I'm still awake. I've been lying in bed for ages because my head just won't turn off. Being awake for so long has lead me to research how much Caffeine is in White Flood (approx. 250mg per two scoop serving), as well as the half-life of Caffeine (approx. 4.9 hours), which lets me know that I now have about as much Caffeine in my system as if I'd just drank a 250ml energy drink.

Being that I'm quite sensitive to caffeine (the last time I drank filter coffee after 6pm I was up until 6am), the caffeine levels in White Flood are definitely not good for evening workouts.

I understand that I could drop the dosage down to 1 scoop, but so far I'm not feeling much pump in the workout (the reason I upped to 2 scoops), so would it maybe be worthwhile to take one scoop sometime midmorning, and then another pre-workout? Am I just jumping the gun and the workout pump will come with time? Who could need so much damn caffeine?

I'm starting to think it would have been a better idea to go with the White Blood instead...

NO products do not react with everyone at the same time in the same way. After being on another NO product for alil over a month, I took a serving of WF Tabs and noticed a incredible night and day difference. Does that mean everyone will experience that? No. You might need to wait a few days to a week to feel any changes. And WF contains caffeine bc caffeine works. It obviously gives a person an energy boost but it does more than that. Studies have shown that people who supplement with caffeine increased their strength up to 5% more in just one workout! If you usually workout at night then yes, white blood would be a great choice. Whether you switch or not I think you will be satisfied!
    Last edited by farmerson12; 10-14-2009, 11:03 PM.
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Comment

Caffeine works but chronic consumption can pose serious negative physiological adaptions...

Comment

try taking it with a light meal, that will blunt some of the stimulant effects. also, you could take it a few hours before the workout
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
          try taking it with a light meal, that will blunt some of the stimulant effects. also, you could take it a few hours before the workout
          I forgot to mention in my original post that I consumed two grain bar type things, a total of 50g of food, most of which was carbs. As well as a high carbohydrate content protein shake with full-fat milk. A total of about 800 calories, approx 110g carbs, 17g fats, 25g protein.

I'll try it again on Friday and see how it works out, my workout on wednesday was later than usual, so I'll shift the workout forward by about 4 hours and take the same serving size (2 scoops) of WF on its own 2 hours before my workout. Then the scoop of GB approx. an hour before, and the PW 15-30 mins before.

Thanks for the response here. I'll post an update.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesG View Post
            I forgot to mention in my original post that I consumed two grain bar type things, a total of 50g of food, most of which was carbs. As well as a high carbohydrate content protein shake with full-fat milk. A total of about 800 calories, approx 110g carbs, 17g fats, 25g protein.

I'll try it again on Friday and see how it works out, my workout on wednesday was later than usual, so I'll shift the workout forward by about 4 hours and take the same serving size (2 scoops) of WF on its own 2 hours before my workout. Then the scoop of GB approx. an hour before, and the PW 15-30 mins before.

Thanks for the response here. I'll post an update.
            ok, looking forward to your updates
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Hi again,

It's been a while since I last posted, but my schedule's been a little out of whack recently, so I couldn't really post any accurate findings after having experimented with changing the time I take my WF.

Since last Friday I've been taking WF at the latest at 2pm on training days (mon, wed, fri) and so far it seems to be alright. I've been having late nights for reasons other than the WF recently, but I don't think I've been kept up by the caffeine in the WF. Next week should me more regular with me trying to get to sleep around 11 every night, so I'll see how that goes.

I'm in my second week of taking my GM/WF/PW stack and the strength boost is starting to kick in. I'm not seeing much pump yet, but I'm assuming that's because most of the time I'm taking WF about 3-5 hours before my workout. During my workouts I just don't seem to get tired, my muscles will give up working, but I don't get that totally exhausted muscle failure that I would get before. Plus, when I'm in the gym I feel like a freaking workout machine! On Monday before I got to the gym I had this almost anxious feeling about getting to the gym to workout, it was a little weird :P

I'm thinking about getting white blood and dropping my WF dose to one scoop, so that I can take the WF closer to my workout time. If I were to do that, should I take both the WF and WB preworkout, but only take 2 caps of WB instead of 3? I was on WB a few years ago, preworkout, and got CRAZY pumps from it... I've seen it recommended to take WB before going to bed, so I'm a little confused as to how I would go about doing that...

James

Comment

Hi again,

It's been a while since I last posted, but my schedule's been a little out of whack recently, so I couldn't really post any accurate findings after having experimented with changing the time I take my WF.

Since last Friday I've been taking WF at the latest at 2pm on training days (mon, wed, fri) and so far it seems to be alright. I've been having late nights for reasons other than the WF recently, but I don't think I've been kept up by the caffeine in the WF. Next week should me more regular with me trying to get to sleep around 11 every night, so I'll see how that goes.

I'm in my second week of taking my GM/WF/PW stack and the strength boost is starting to kick in. I'm not seeing much pump yet, but I'm assuming that's because most of the time I'm taking WF about 3-5 hours before my workout. During my workouts I just don't seem to get tired, my muscles will give up working, but I don't get that totally exhausted muscle failure that I would get before. Plus, when I'm in the gym I feel like a freaking workout machine! On Monday before I got to the gym I had this almost anxious feeling about getting to the gym to workout, it was a little weird :P

I'm thinking about getting white blood and dropping my WF dose to one scoop, so that I can take the WF closer to my workout time. If I were to do that, should I take both the WF and WB preworkout, but only take 2 caps of WB instead of 3? I was on WB a few years ago, preworkout, and got CRAZY pumps from it... I've seen it recommended to take WB before going to bed, so I'm a little confused as to how I would go about doing that...

James
                Have you also considered Blue GENE ?

I mention it because that combo of White FLOOD + Blue GENE = probably the best pumps and muscle hardness I've experienced.

Comment

I don't think Stims are right for you. Blue gene , pw/pi and gb may be a more effective option.
                  CONTROLLED LABS
                  Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                  Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                    Have you also considered Blue GENE ?

I mention it because that combo of White FLOOD + Blue GENE = probably the best pumps and muscle hardness I've experienced.
                    I haven't... As a student I don't really have the cash to just keep dropping on supplements (especially not since I have to get them shipped to Europe), it already took me months to decide to get this stack and I'm a little bummed out about this hiccup.

Originally posted by Dracoy
                    I don't think Stims are right for you. Blue gene , pw/pi and gb may be a more effective option.
                    If they aren't right for me, what am I supposed to do with a tub of 43 servings of White Flood? Somehow I have to "get rid" of this stuff, so I'm trying to figure out the most constructive way of doing so.

I'm pretty convinced that that would be by taking a smaller dose of both White Flood and White Blood simultaneously, closer to my workout. Thereby not getting too much of the stim effect, but getting enough NO to get proper pumps. As I mentioned before, I responded very well to White Blood in the past.

Something else I was wondering, what was the reason for using Arginine EE in White Blood, and Arginine AKG in White Flood/White Flood Caps?

James

Comment

Well the problem is that you workout near the end of the day and that is where the dilema hits.

If you are taking WF 3-5 hours before your workout, you arn't getting the full benefit if any. Why don't you try taking .5 to 1 scoop of WF during the workout itself
                      CONTROLLED LABS

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I haven't... As a student I don't really have the cash to just keep dropping on supplements (especially not since I have to get them shipped to Europe), it already took me months to decide to get this stack and I'm a little bummed out about this hiccup.

t
                        try to get results w/o supplements -- you'd be shocked how much you can accomplish through training + nutrition alone.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                          try to get results w/o supplements -- you'd be shocked how much you can accomplish through training + nutrition alone.
                          Agreed. But when I'm on vacation I just tend to enjoy myself and not workout as much
                          CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

I remember the first day I took Flood, I took it around 6pm and didn't fall asleep till 3am. I had literally no caffeine in my diet prior to Flood, so it really shook my system up. Felt great though.

Comment

Working...
                            X