Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Stack (kinda long, sorry)

Hello all,

After just finishing my first big tub of Purple Wraath, I decided to jump in whole-hog and try a big Controlled Labs stack.

I had a tough time deciding which products to get, because I have very particular dietary restrictions...

I have ADHD and I take Vyvanse (extended-release dextroamphetamine) daily for it. If you don't have ADHD, and aren't familiar with amphetamines, you probably never realized how sensitive they are to your diet. For example, anything that acidifies your body (including Vitamin C) significantly decreases the effectiveness of the stims (often rendering them useless). Anything that is alkalizes your body (including Kre-alkalyn) significantly increases the effectiveness of the stims (this can be a bad thing). ADHD meds also tend to drain Magnesium reserves significantly, so many people supplement Magnesium to alleviate side-effect buildup.

Summing it up, I need to:
    • Avoid All Stims - I get enough already
    • Avoid Vitamin C (and other acidifying agents) as much as possible - Meds are expensive, so I don't want Vitamin C to waste them. Taking C before bed is OK, but never in the morning or throughout the day when the meds need to be working.
    • Pay close attention for alkalizing agents - Meds can work in harmony with alkalizing agents, but I just need to know which products to ease into and which to calibrate closely with Vyvanse dosages.
    • Keep an eye on Magnesium levels - I am currently taking 400mg Magnesium Glycinate daily with dinner. As I understand it, GB/GM both have lots of Magnesium.

My current goal is to cut bodyfat significantly, while retaining lean mass. I am currently 15% bodyfat, and I am looking to be 5-6%. After that, the goal is to start bulking to get as big and lean as possible. I currently work out 5 times a week, at 6am M-F doing bootcamp-style intervals of weights and cardio daily. Besides pre- and post- workout supplements, I eat 5-6 meals and drink 1.5-2 gallons of water daily.

And now on to the stack...

I am awaiting shipment of:
    • Purple Wraath
    • Green Bulge
    • White Blood
    • Blue Gene
    • Blue Up - Stim Free
    • GlycerGrow
    • Golden Gains
    • REDuction PM

Here is how I thought I might take this stack:

60 Minutes Pre-Workout (first thing in the morning):
    • White Blood
    • Green Bulge
    • Blue Gene
    • Blue Up - Stim Free

30 Minutes Pre-Workout:
    • Purple Wraath
    • GlycerGrow
    • 1 Scoop ON Whey Protein
    • 1g Acetyl L-Carnitine

Post-Workout:
    • Golden Gains
    • MHP Glutamine-SR
    • (1st dosage of meds: 30-45 minutes after Post-Workout)

Lunch:
    • (2nd dosage of meds: 30-45 minutes before Lunch)
    • Animal Omega EFA Pack

Dinner:
    • 400mg Magnesium Glycinate
    • Animal Flex Pack

Before Bed:
    • REDuction PM
    • Multi-Vitamins

How does this look? Any suggestions? Does anyone see any problems?

Some specific questions I have are:
    • Is it OK to take the ON whey protein pre-workout with the others?
    • What should I know about Green Bulge and Green Magnitude and Magnesium levels? Should I quit taking Magnesium Glycinate while on these? Is it correct to say that Green Bulge is the stim-free version of Green Magnitude?
    • I thought about taking White Blood before bed also. But decided against it, because that is basically two dosages within 9 hours of each other, since I workout early. Does that even matter?
    • Is the use of GlycerGrow appropriate for the types of workouts I'll be doing? Should I only be taking it when cycling off of Green Bulge?
    • As I start to lift heavier and do less cardio-intensive training, how would this stack change?
    • Is there anything else I need to know, or need to pay special attention to?
    • Is there a particular way I should cycle this stack (or component products in this stack)?

Thank you very much for reading all this. I tried to make it short, but wanted to include as much info as possible.

I appreciate any feedback that people may have.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by TitanInTraining; 10-05-2009, 12:55 AM.

Cut out White Blood/Blue Up/GlycerGrow.

When Blue Gene runs out. Add in GG/BU or WB/BU, I personally think this way would save you money and you probably won't see huge significant changes in physique.

[*]Is it OK to take the ON whey protein pre-workout with the others?

Yes

[*]What should I know about Green Bulge and Green Magnitude and Magnesium levels? Should I quit taking Magnesium Glycinate while on these? Is it correct to say that Green Bulge is the stim-free version of Green Magnitude?

GB and GM are both stim free, completely different formulas. The biggest difference is one is capsule one is powder.

Too much magnesium can lead to stomach issues. I would not take too much IMo.

[*]I thought about taking White Blood before bed also. But decided against it, because that is basically two dosages within 9 hours of each other, since I workout early. Does that even matter?

I would not take WB twice in a day. I think you have a nice stack going with lots of good options, try to spread these to different months.
    [*]Is the use of GlycerGrow appropriate for the types of workouts I'll be doing? Should I only be taking it when cycling off of Green Bulge?

Cycle GG every month and GB does not need to be cycled.

GG works best IMO with high volume and high water intake.
    [*]As I start to lift heavier and do less cardio-intensive training, how would this stack change?

I don't change my stack typically, but I do not take GG/WB with cardio.
    [*]Is there anything else I need to know, or need to pay special attention to?

Keep it simple.
    [*]Is there a particular way I should cycle this stack (or component products in this stack)?

Cycle WB and GG every month. I don't see any stims in your stack, so you are can be flexible.
    CONTROLLED LABS
    Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
    Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by Dracoy View Post

Cut out White Blood/Blue Up/GlycerGrow.

When Blue Gene runs out. Add in GG/BU or WB/BU, I personally think this way would save you money and you probably won't see huge significant changes in physique.

[*]What should I know about Green Bulge and Green Magnitude and Magnesium levels? Should I quit taking Magnesium Glycinate while on these? Is it correct to say that Green Bulge is the stim-free version of Green Magnitude?

GB and GM are both stim free, completely different formulas. The biggest difference is one is capsule one is powder.

Too much magnesium can lead to stomach issues. I would not take too much IMo.
      Thanks, Dracoy.

1. I thought that BG and BU together were supposed to be a great combo for cutting, which is why I added both. Are you suggesting I only stick to one or the other?

2. Doesn't GM have Yohimbe in it, which cannot be taken in close proximity to BG? I generally prefer powders, but I picked up GB over GM because of the lack of Yohimbe and compatibility or timing with BG.

3. Is WB not going to offer me anything right now while cutting?
      Last edited by TitanInTraining; 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanInTraining View Post
        Thanks, Dracoy.

1. I thought that BG and BU together were supposed to be a great combo for cutting, which is why I added both. Are you suggesting I only stick to one or the other?

2. Doesn't GM have Yohimbe in it, which cannot be taken in close proximity to BG? I generally prefer powders, but I picked up GB over GM because of the lack of Yohimbe and compatibility or timing with BG.

3. Is WB not going to offer me anything right now while cutting?
        1 - They do make a good stack. Basically you don't need BG, BU, WB and GG. BG will work great by itself or you can use it with another product, but you don't need all 4 of those. I think you will definitely want to wait to use GG after your cut as you'll probably see more benefits when you're doing less cardio and more heavy lifting.

2 - GM does not have yohimbine in it. Blue Up (stim version) does. GM has tyrosine and you don't want to use products with those 2 ingredients close together. I think you must've read something about that and thought that GM had the yohimbe. GM and GB are both stim free and are both great products - you can't go wrong with either!

3 - You can use WB or any other arginine product on a cut, but I think again the point is that you don't need multiple pre-workout products at once. Try using 1 or 2 at a time and see how it works for you. If you're not seeing any benefit after a cycle then switch up products. This method will help you save some money and let you know what really works. The more supplements you take doesn't necessarily mean better results.

Hope that helps a little bit.
        diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Thanks! That does help.

Prior to this stack, pre-workout I was taking:
          • 1 Scoop ON Whey Protein
          • 1 Scoop Purple Wraath
          • 1 Scoop Cytosport Fast Twitch
          • 1g Acetyl L-Carnitine

The Fast Twitch was a recent addition to make up for the fact that energy reserves were fizzling mid-workout. I found that it helped quite a bit, but once it ran out, I started looking at CL replacements for it. Fast Twitch has creatine, NO, electrolytes, and a bit of energy. So, when I looked at CL products, it would take at least WB and GB to replace the Fast Twitch. That's basically the logic for how I ended up with both.

BG and BU-SF were just gravy, since I had seen a thread on their impact to cutting.

I just figured I'd play around with GG to familiarize myself with it.

------

So, as you both suggested, I think the new plan is to just do BG, GB, PW pre-workout and hold off on the WB, GG, and BU.

Should I cycle WB/GG/BU in once the BG runs out, even if I'm still cutting? Or should I wait until I start bulking again to incorporate the others and just refill the BG throughout the rest of cutting?

Thanks again!
          Last edited by TitanInTraining; 10-05-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

If you're looking for something comparable to Fast Twitch, I think you're better off with White Flood, as opposed to White Blood.

As far as switching supps once you've finished your BG cycle - that's completely up to you. You'll have to decide whether you like the results you're getting from BG and want to continue with it. You can even choose to keep the BG and add another product and see how that works for you. Personally, I use BG constantly now because I like it so much. If you finish your cycle and decide you want to try something different - give WF or GG a shot. It's all up to you how you want to run a cycle.
            diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Originally posted by poopies View Post
              If you're looking for something comparable to Fast Twitch, I think you're better off with White Flood, as opposed to White Blood.

As far as switching supps once you've finished your BG cycle - that's completely up to you. You'll have to decide whether you like the results you're getting from BG and want to continue with it. You can even choose to keep the BG and add another product and see how that works for you. Personally, I use BG constantly now because I like it so much. If you finish your cycle and decide you want to try something different - give WF or GG a shot. It's all up to you how you want to run a cycle.
              Thanks again, poopies. I can't do White Flood because of the stims, which is why I got White Blood. The Fast Twitch I had was the caffeine-free version.

Comment

Thanks again, poopies. I can't do White Flood because of the stims, which is why I got White Blood. The Fast Twitch I had was the caffeine-free version.
                Ohhhh yes, that's right.
                diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

I just figured I'd play around with GG to familiarize myself with it.
                  I think you'll love it, just be sure to stay well-hydrated

Comment

Working...
                  X