Basic stack for an intermediate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic stack for an intermediate

Hey guys and ladies.....looking to be on a stack on a budget what supplements would anyone recommend (with the exception of protein and multivitamin)?

Budget is $100-150/mo

Creatine - either Green Mag or Green Bulge
    Purple Wraath (my favorite)
    I would also recommend Blue Gene (which you can get for 29.99 at DPSnutrition.com)

A pre-workout supplement is optional in my opinion. Grab some if you think you need that extra energy boost.
    diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

A good stack, imo, would be

BG x2 ($29.99) = $59.98 (1 hr pre)
      GM x1 ($33.80) = $33.80 (30-45mins pre)
      PW x1 ($48.95) = $48.95 (During)
      Total = $142.73

These prices were at DPS Nutrition. This stack is for approximately 8 weeks.

If you could afford the extra cash I would pick up some PI and WF.

The stack would look like this:

WF x1 ($37.95) = $37.95 (15-20mins pre)
      PI x1 ($36.99) = $33.80 (During)
      Total = $217.72

This would give you a killer stack that will last approximately 8 weeks, depending on how often you WO. The BG would be the first to go, but the other supps will vary.

These are just 2 examples on what you could do. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Do some research and get a better understanding about the supps you are going to take. This forum is a huge resource. Just ask the question and I'm sure someone will have some insight.

Good luck!
      Last edited by HotRod; 09-12-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I notice Different Ingredients in Green Mag and Green Bulge do they act different?

I have taken green bulge....it seemed to just make me piss a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod View Post
          A good stack, imo, would be

Total = $142.73

These prices were at DPS Nutrition. This stack is for approximately 8 weeks.

If you could afford the extra cash I would pick up some PI and WF.

The stack would look like this:

WF x1 ($37.95) = $37.95 (15-20mins pre)
          PI x1 ($36.99) = $33.80 (During)
          Total = $217.72

This would give you a killer stack that will last approximately 8 weeks, depending on how often you WO. The BG would be the first to go, but the other supps will vary.

These are just 2 examples on what you could do. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Do some research and get a better understanding about the supps you are going to take. This forum is a huge resource. Just ask the question and I'm sure someone will have some insight.

Good luck!
          What about GlycerGrow instead of green mag or green bulge?

Can't take white flood....I dont get along with stims very well.

Comment

Originally posted by TFLEX View Post
            What about GlycerGrow instead of green mag or green bulge?

Can't take white flood....I dont get along with stims very well.
            GlycerGrow is something completely different than GM or GB. It's not a creatine product. It's a pre-workout supplement that basically gives you pumps and makes you look huge! It's different than WF though, because it isn't an NO supplement either. It's sort of in a league of its own. If you want a pre-workout supplement and don't tolerate caffeine very well, look into GG or White Blood. Both are "pump products" without caffeine.

As far as GM and GB go, they are both creatine products. One you drink and the other you pop a bunch of pills. Yes, they have slightly different profiles, but what it comes down to is that creatine is creatine. It's a matter of how you want to take it and which one is more cost effective.

Regardless of which one you take, you always want to be drinking a lot of water when on any supplement, especially creatine. Hopefully that's why you were peeing a lot.
            diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

(without lieing to yourself) what is your trainig history, current fitness levels and typical nutrition pattern like?

hard work is 10x better than any supplement, and it's F'ing free.

Comment

I would say
                BG
                GM
                PW
                GG

The last 3 will last months.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                  (without lieing to yourself) what is your trainig history, current fitness levels and typical nutrition pattern like?

hard work is 10x better than any supplement, and it's F'ing free.
                  Training History: About 3-4 years.......
                  Current Level of fitness I would say intermediate......
                  Nutrition Is simple/Basic:

Protein: Chicken, Eggs (Mainly WHITES), Canned TUNA (2x week) Red meat (1-2x a week)
                  Carbs: Oatmeal (Both Steel Cut and Rolled Oats), Ezekiel Bread, Yams, Apple Sauce (sugar free and 0g sugar in it), WASA crackers
                  FATS: Almonds, FLAX, Coconut oil, Sunflower Butter

Weaknesses: Skim Milk, Maple Syrup (only 1tbsp), Nutella
                  I use maple syrup skim milk in my oats
                  Nutella I use on my wasa cracker

ONE major supplement I truly like is colostrum.

Currently eat 4-6 meals a day

Workout 5 days a week (all weight and 2-3days cardio for 15-20min)

On my non training days (weekends) I do not take any supplements. I eat clean as possible and REAL foods NO SUPPS

Any other information???

Comment

A friend of mine is in a similar situation, he's taking, GlycerGrow (lasts forever), White Blood (you'll need 2 bottles a month), Green magnitude (2 months), Purple Wraath and Purple Intrain (1 scoop each, so it lasts a very long time)

A full 2 months supply costs $235.35 at massnutrition shipped and some of that stuff will last longer than 2 months, especially the glycergrow.

With the Intrain, When working out til i'm about to pass out on a set, it replenishes energy, so I'm able to keep very high intensity throughout the whole workout.

My only warning, is once you start, you will not want to get off this stuff, it's incredible!

For multivitamin, you need to order their Orange Traid, stuff works wonders!

Comment

I will take intrain in November......whats all the hype about? What do you notice while taking it?

Comment

Originally posted by TFLEX View Post
                        I will take intrain in November......whats all the hype about? What do you notice while taking it?
                        I think what makes it work so well isbecause of the hydrolyzed whey. My muscles get worked out to their limits, and the lactic acid builds up, and it feels like i'm about to pass out when I'm done with the set. I drink my Purple Cocktail (Wraath and Intrain), and Voila, my muscles soak up the whey and I'm able to bang out another high intense set. With only the Wraath, I didn't experience the ability to constantly workout and recover quickly from the previous set, as I do with the Intrain/Wraath combo.

Bottom line is, it's cheap, and tastes amazing, and it's working which always helps!

Comment

Working...
                        X