BG/GM/WB for the first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG/GM/WB for the first time.

Alright, this is my first time doing one of these, as it is my first time taking any "serious" supplements and really focusing on getting an incredible aesthetic physique. Prior to this, my only experience with supplements was some crappy weight gainer that I took while playing football in high school and some multi-vitamins that I got from GNC. My training experience, while not extensive, does go back a few years. I was never really into lifting heavy while playing sports, as I was naturally better than most other players because of my technique and knowledge of the game. But as I got out of football my senior year, and was entering my final semester of high school I looked at myself in the mirror and all's I saw was someone who slaved away at a sport, lifting casually albeit, and was VERY overweight. So I took action, being an individual who accomplished goals that I set my mind to, I lost 50 pounds over the course of the next three and a half months. I was 200 pounds, relatively cut (for the first time I could see my obliques and quads), and I was happy. Then college came, I kept putting off working out to do my work, put ALOT of body fat back on, and ballooned back up to 240ish.

That was two years ago this December (my first year of college), and I have since lost bf, gained a little lean mass, but more importantly hovered around 230 for a good year and a half.

So with that out of this way, let give you some stats about myself:

I'm 6'1", 230lbs, 20-25% (I'm guessing, I'll post pics later tonight because I'm going to visit the college I'm transferring to), and extremely motivated. I don't know what body type I am (Ecto, Meso, etc.) but I've always been a skinny-fat type.

My main supps are:
    Fish Oil
    Flax Seed
    ZMA
    Trib
    Whey Isolate

And my stack consists of:
    Blue Gene
    Green MAG
    White Blood

I'll post two more updates tonight when I get home!

If you can afford it, purple wraath would be a big help, imo. I know you WO out at night, so it is entirely up to you. Just hit the books after the WO.

Good luck!

Comment

Wraath shouldn't keep you up at night.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Woo, just got home and received some awesome news; my school is going to be nearly completely paid for! So I'm extremely pumped in that regard.

But anyways, back to the fun stuff! Ok, so I received my supplements on Wednesday night and have been taking the MAG and Blue Gene before my workouts today and yesterday, along with White Blood and at bedtime ZMA and the trib (with breakfast and dinner). I've since learned that taking White Blood before bed with ZMA is pretty useless, so I'll be stopping that, and will be taking it before my workouts with my other regimen.

I've attached three pictures of me, if anyone could graciously tell me what they THINK my bf is, I would appreciate it. Yes, I know I'm overweight, I just wanted to have an estimate as to where I'm starting at.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm doing a Max-OT style workout in my cut, as I believe that reps and sets don't affect your weight loss, as cardio and diet is my big thing.

Thursday my workout consisted of:
          Bent Over Rows: 90x6, 90x6, 90x6
          T-Bar Cable Rows: 110x6, 120x6, 128x6
          Lat Pulldowns: 100x8, 100x8
          Upright Rows: 90x6, 90x6, 95x6

Afterwards, I felt AWESOME. I know it's still far too early to tell how the supps are working with my training, but the mental "pump" I'm getting from knowing that they are going to help with time is intense. My muscles feel hard all the time now and I love it.

Comment

Friday 7/10/09

Today was chest and I left the gym feeling like I actually accomplished something today. This is usually tough for me as I feel my chest is the absolute weakest part of my body. I pumped out a pretty intense workout and even suprised myself as I hit a PR for the two weeks I've been doing Max-OT.

Bench Press: 145x6, 145x6, 145x6
            Incline DB Press: 35x8, 40x8, 45x6 (PR)
            Flies: 120x6, 120x6, 120x6

Also, I know that Max-OT calls for 4-6 reps for "optimal growth," but I've always gained better from high repetitions so I switched that to 6-8.

Right now, I feel pumped. My back feels nice and full from yesterday, my triceps are intensely hard compared to their normal "giving" feeling when I squeeze them, and the increase in energy throughout the day has been phenomenal.

I do 16 minutes of Max-OT cardio after every lifting session on a recumbent bike, and today's stats were 3.9 miles and 144 calories lost. I responded well to high energy/short time period cardio when I lost weight two years ago, so I'm hoping that this will help again. Also considering ordering some REDuction, but I'm still wary on to if it would actually help me. I've never taken a fat burner before, and I've always been skeptical if they are just marketing hype.

Comment

I've had to take off since my last update. I've been taking care of my family full time and house sitting/taking care of animals, and working 30+ hours a week. Needless to say lifting has had to take a backseat at this point and time. But, no fear, I plan on getting back into things full gear either tomorrow or Thursday of this week and getting a solid month of training in and hopefully 20 pounds off before school starts on August 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by 95zj View Post
                I've had to take off since my last update. I've been taking care of my family full time and house sitting/taking care of animals, and working 30+ hours a week. Needless to say lifting has had to take a backseat at this point and time. But, no fear, I plan on getting back into things full gear either tomorrow or Thursday of this week and getting a solid month of training in and hopefully 20 pounds off before school starts on August 24th.
                20 lbs is a tall order in a month!

Good luck!

Comment

Trust me when I say I withold alot of water, lol.

And when I cut, I generally don't mind losing muscle as long as I reach my ultimate goal. I can always do an extremely long and clean bulk and add that back on, but I want to be cut and in shape asap.
                  Last edited by 95zj; 07-30-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X