Ow it hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ow it hurts

As of late when performing certain exercises I've been experiencing pain in my right forearm - pretty much in the middle between my elbow and wrist. When I apply pressure on the spot I can feel pain as well. I wasn't really concerned about it and was just looking toward working through the pain but at a party this past friday I was experiencing pain from simply extending my arm out straight and this concerns me. My buddy who works out with me everyday is experiencing the same thing. On exercises such as preacher curls it becomes noticable - but only after we're done and go to place the bar back (letting go hurts, imagine that). It is also very evident when spotting on the benchpress. Oddly enough, I had this similar problem last year, and then I believe it went away and I just forgot all about it.

To be completely honest I don't do much to work the forearms in particular (I've looked for things around my gym but am unable to come up with much). I also realize that it could just be tendonitis..in which case I'm SOL. But if anyone has had experience with this or something similar, what was your course of action? I'd like to perhaps throw in some forearm work on my leg days, anyone have some good exercises that shouldn't be hard to perform in your average gym?

hmmm need more info . . . which part of the forearm hurts . . . e.g. @ the wrist @ the elbow, half way between the 2 . . . and which side anterior, posterior, lateral, medial, any sensory loss, any loss of strength
    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Thanks for the followup -

The pain is close to halfway between the two, maybe an inch or 2 closer to the wrists and when my palm is facing up the pain can be felt on the left. Now that I'm playing around with it into more depth its only on that side...I can put all sorts of pressure on the right side and feel nothing.

Sense is fine, strength is up as of late if anything...it hasn't affected any of my motor abilities or ability to perform no matter what I do...its just been painful.

Comment

Sound like a strained forearm muscle. Ice it and give some rest if you can.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Preface to my thoughts: I'm a med student not a doc yet so don't put too much into my opinion . Sounds like a nerve entrapment syndrome . . . possibly pronator syndrome (hard to say without a physical exam) although it is usually assocaited with some sensory loss . . . but the rest of your symtpoms fit the bill. This category of probs are due to overuse, which can happen with lifting, or other repetitive tasks.
          Icetrauma was right . . . Treatment for these involves rest, ice, and NSAIDs. I know not lifting sucks but it would be in your best interest to take some time off to let it heal so that you do not make the injury worse, leading to the need for surgery.
          I always recommend that if you have good insurance and time to get an appointment with a doctor to have it looked at b/c the physical exam is key to proper diagnosis.
          Good Luck with the recovery
          Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

ah mate sorry to hear, that sucks

but a good rest is in order! so live it up!

and no more chicken games!

till doctor says so haha

jk matey have fun mate!
            Space cowboy!

Just about to get my motorbike so i havnt been active much on CL im sorry will attack asap! hahamauhahahaha

I like Finger sandwhiches after a good meal haha muahaha

Comment

Working...
            X