Where's the fruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the fruit?

Newbie here, but out of most of the literature I have been reading no one mentions fruit...why is this? I would think from the vitamin/carb standpoint it would be good...but most people get their carbs from rice/oats... just kind of curious b/c i consume probably 4-5 servings of fruit a day

It depends on when you eat it. Post-workout, fruit should be great, but after that, the reason most people use those other sources is because they contain more complex carbohydrates vs. the simple carbs found in fruit, I believe.
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

I eat tons of fruit.. especially berries. I buy 2 cartoons of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries a week. hopefuly raspberries start getting cheaper and i can get them again tooO! (they're myf av)

My diet revolves around fruit, veggies, and lean protein sources...

IMO you can't replace fruit with other carbs and/or a multivitamin/fiber pill -- the nutrients in whole foods are second to none.

Comment

This is true. I just try to make sure that most of my fruit intake goes in the first half of the day. That's when I use Golden Gains (fruit servings in that - awesome!) and I always have some sort of fruit with a hard boiled egg mid-morning.
        We'll see how this goes...

Comment

I always have fruit in the am too. Except my apple pre-workout.
          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

ohhh ok good...yeah I have been doing research here and there and "sample" days are all complex carbs and what not...granted these are samples but I was just surprised... yeah i normally hit about 2 bananas pre work out and then maybe an apple post and maybe some fruit w/ yogurt mid afternoon

my workouts are at lunch..lately I have been trying to get most carbs in by 5 or so

Comment

I've recently started eating a granola, bananna, blackberry, strawberry snack whenever I get hungry. Damn it's delcioius.

Those little blackberry seeds suck though.

Comment

no raspberries!?>! they're the best I think -- just look at fat burners and see how many have raspberry ketones in them..

from wiki:
                When given to mice in high doses (up to 2% of food intake), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight.[4] This effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, this effect has not been studied in humans.

of course, all the other berries are the bomb too! I am so excitied they are back in season.. i can have an entire fridge shelf full of diff color berries again =)

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                  no raspberries!?>! they're the best I think -- just look at fat burners and see how many have raspberry ketones in them..

of course, all the other berries are the bomb too! I am so excitied they are back in season.. i can have an entire fridge shelf full of diff color berries again =)
                  I KNOW! blue berries were so expensive for a bit..but then strawberries came around and you could get sooo many for cheap

Comment

just buy them frozen. Last longer and still have nutrients etc locked in.
                    Live Life/Workout Hard!!
                    :mo

CL Supps In Service:
                    ORANGE OXIMEGA
                    WHITE FLOOD
                    GREEN MAG
                    PURPLE WRATH

Comment

Originally posted by rchapman View Post
                      just buy them frozen. Last longer and still have nutrients etc locked in.
                      haha yeah, i ended up hitting costco and grabbing a big bag...great for shakes imo

Comment

Working...
                      X