PDA

View Full Version : Golden GAINS™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

pu12en12g
04-20-2009, 01:40 AM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3187/goldengains.png

What is Golden GAINS™ ?

Golden GAINS™: Premium Nutrient Delivery

15 Servings (1324 grams) Homemade Apple Pie

Key Attributes:

- Premium ingredients
- Postworkout or any time nutrition
- Real Meal with Protein, Carbs, Healthy Fats and Fruits & Vegetables
- 98% sugar free
- Prevent catabolism and achieve fitness goals
- Support muscle glycogen and recovery
- Convenient all in one formula
- Great taste

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8458/goldengainssuppfacts.jpg

Now that you've made fitness a part of your lifestyle, treat yourself to Golden GAINS™ after every workout. Formulated with precise amounts of protein, amino acids, healthy fats, and designer carbohydrates, we enhanced Golden GAINS™ further by adding exclusive “super-nutrients” to help support the athletic lifestyle.

The GoldPro protein complex delivers essential and branched chain amino acids so crucial for lean muscle tissue and recovery between workouts. Featuring both immediate and sustained proteins for constant assimilation, now you no longer need to choose between great taste, mixability, and value... get everything you need with Golden GAINS™.

The GoldCarb Complex, our exclusive carbohydrate blend, offers the best of both worlds with efficient premium highly processed waxy maize and natural oats for a CONTROLLED insulin response and great taste and a good dose of fiber. As a bonus, this formula may help optimize hormone ratios and combat toxins, post-workout crash and adrenal fatigue.

The HealthyFat Complex is a blend of healthful fats that athletes consume to optimize performance. It has the potential to help optimize blood sugar levels, enhance cardiovascular health and scavenge free radicals.

The Fruit & Veggie Complex relies on 5,000mg of the best organic fruit and vegetables available. Other formulas rely almost strictly on macro nutrients and ignore the importance of micronutrients in a post workout setting (as well as all day), which is not the case with Golden GAINS™. Micronutrients are plentiful in fruits and vegetables and help form a solid nutritional foundation that is essential for muscle growth. This complex also helps to convert the body from the “acidic environment” of most bodybuilding diets, to a more basic one that is needed for optimal lean muscle mass GAINS™ and overall health.

For optimal post-workout cellular anabolism, look no further than our GFH Complex. We included crucial Electrolytes and Taurine to work in synergy, keeping your muscles in an anabolic state at the cellular level and for as long as possible. As a bonus, it appears that this complex may even help reduce muscle cramping and unnecessary soreness.

With your health and performance in mind, Golden GAINS™ delivers!

When will Golden GAINS™ be available in stores ?

May, 2009 at GNC locations nationwide

Why is Golden GAINS™ only available at GNC right now?

We have an exclusive with them for the time being, but it will be available at other stores/websites in the near future

Will Golden GAINS™ be available anywhere else from launch?

Yes, we will have a special price direct from controlledlabs.com for members of our forum, so be sure to join asap at www.controlledlabsforum.com

What flavor is Golden GAINS™ ?

"Homemade Apple Pie"

How many servings per bottle ?

~15

How many servings of fruits and veggies per serving of Golden GAINS™ ?

The equivalent of 6 to 8

When should I consume Golden GAINS™ ?

Post-workout or any time

How should I consume Golden GAINS™ ?

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9514/serving.jpg

Once mixed, how long should I let Golden GAINS™ sit before drinking it ?

0 - 15 minutes

Does Golden GAINS™ replace proper nutrition, training, and cardio ?

No

Is Golden GAINS™ for men or women ?

Both

Is Golden GAINS™ designed for cutting, bulking, or recomping ?

Yes, all of the above

Can Golden GAINS™ be consumed first thing in the morning ?

Yes

Can Golden GAINS™ be used as both a pre-workout meal and a post-workout meal ?

Yes

I workout in the evening / before bedtime, is there anything I should know ?

Golden GAINS™ is stimulant free, and can be consumed pre-bed

Why isn't there any creatine in Golden GAINS™?

Creatine supplements, like Green MAGnitude or Green BULGE are best taken pre-workout and supply a full days worth of creatine

Is Golden GAINS™ sugar free?

98% SUGAR FREE

Why is there 1 gram of sugar?

It's naturally occurring from the fruit/veggie complex

How much water / milk should be used with Golden GAINS™?

20-32oz ounces of water / milk is typical

I have allergies, should I avoid this product?

People with food allergies should not consume Golden GAINS™

Can I take this if I am lactose intolerant?

Not recommended

Doesn't Purple WRAATH also include BCAA / EAA ?

Yes, ideally the serious athlete will take 1-2 scoops Purple WRAATH pre-workout or during training and 1 serving of Golden GAINS™ immediately post-workout.

What "basic" supplements do you recommend while taking Golden GAINS™ ?

Orange TRIAD Multivitamin/Joint Support/Digestion & Immune Aid
Creatine, such as Green BULGE / Green MAGnitude
PLENTY of water
Fishoil / EFA

Besides the "basic" supplements listed above, what other supplements do you recommend to maximize my results while on Golden GAINS™ ?

GlycerGrow (pre / during training)
White FLOOD (pre-workout) / White BLOOD (pre-workout or before bed)
REDuction (pre-workout) during a fatloss / cutting phase
Blue GENE for the serious athlete

I'm on medication or I have a health condition, should I take Golden GAINS™ ?

Ask your doctor before taking Golden GAINS™

Is it necessary to cycle Golden GAINS™ ?

No

What are some good indications that I'm losing fat or gaining lean mass while on Golden GAINS™ ?

Mirror / Appearance
Measurements / Bodyfat caliper
Bodyweight / Strength

I heard that all of your products are "Real World" tested and 105% Guaranteed ?

Correct. See our main website for details

extremenergy3
04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
First on the CL forums too! :D:action:

pu12en12g
04-20-2009, 02:52 AM
First on the CL forums too! :D:action:

:fool:

Gillyh
04-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Interesting flavor. Looking forward to trying it. So this is another product and not a replacement to Golden Finish?

Sethva
04-20-2009, 05:32 AM
Oh sh*t!!

But only GNC? Meh.....

Gillyh
04-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Oh sh*t!!

But only GNC? Meh.....

Yeah, is it going to be available from the Controlled Labs website for that special price at the same time GNC has it or after?

pu12en12g
04-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeah, is it going to be available from the Controlled Labs website for that special price at the same time GNC has it or after?

Same time :dinner:

jiritt0
04-20-2009, 06:55 AM
only gnc is weak.. will it be over priced like all other things gnc?

icetrauma
04-20-2009, 07:33 AM
First serving will be mixed with h2o, 2nd with milk and for the 3rd serving, drum roll please, milk and vanilla ice cream for some apple pie ala mode!

sandaddiction
04-20-2009, 09:44 AM
What would the difference between Golden Gains and Golden Finish if I'm looking to put on lean muscle. I don't need to loose weight but I'm not too concerned about bulking?

Im currently on:
WF, PW, GM, GG, and BG

Sethva
04-20-2009, 09:45 AM
only gnc is weak.. will it be over priced like all other things gnc?

Agreed - not sure I'm all about going into GNC for gold card week knowing that we could spend 15-20 less at any online retailer.

But from a business standpoint (revenue wise) its brilliant, but you're cutting your target audience in half if not more by only targeting the "newbies." Is it work selling less volume in store at a higher price to the newbies, or selling more volume via the web/store at a lower revenue to those who are more expierienced...tough call really.

Controlled Labs
04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Interesting flavor. Looking forward to trying it. So this is another product and not a replacement to Golden Finish?
correct. although golden finish was discontinued a few months back

Oh sh*t!!

But only GNC? Meh.....
gnc has an exclusive for now, but it will be at online retailers later this year. in the meantime we will be giving people on this site a code to get the product direct from us at an even cheaper price than it will be available on bb.com and other online retailers :)

yes, same time and it will end up being cheaper than if you had to buy it from an online site.

Sethva
04-20-2009, 10:47 AM
gnc has an exclusive for now, but it will be at online retailers later this year. in the meantime we will be giving people on this site a code to get the product direct from us at an even cheaper price than it will be available on bb.com and other online retailers :)

Ok that's ballin, need the code now, kthxbye.

conda
04-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Awesome! I feel all giddy now. :fool:

sandaddiction
04-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Can't wait for the code!!!!:rave:

2keith11
04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
The big question, will it count towards the lift your upc promotion??

kristoper
04-20-2009, 02:11 PM
oooh i want this bad!

jiritt0
04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
can controlled labs just ship me free skids of tis product bi-weekly? That would be better than a code really..

Controlled Labs
04-20-2009, 03:14 PM
hopefully by Wednesday.

The big question, will it count towards the lift your upc promotion??
of course.

can controlled labs just ship me free skids of tis product bi-weekly? That would be better than a code really..

we will see what we can do, the customer is always right :D

pu12en12g
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM

:heavy lifting::rave::heavy lifting:

conda
04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
It made me a happy camper seeing it had carbs!

Cutting is for sissy's :heavy lifting:

pu12en12g
04-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Quality carbs too, so fine for cutting

:rave:

Gillyh
04-20-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm excited to try this out and awesome sale! Make it available asap!

pu12en12g
04-20-2009, 10:01 PM

Should be here VERY soon !!!

:heavy lifting:

bull.dogz
04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Should be here VERY soon !!!

:fool::fool::fool:

jiritt0
04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
ive got like 5 tubs of golden finish, and 5 tubs of relentless.. is the golden gains sale going to be good enough for me to buy 5 tubs even tho im testing it too?! lol

Controlled Labs
04-21-2009, 07:52 AM

Quality carbs too, so fine for cutting

:rave:
absolutely, was just gonna say that

very very soon

ive got like 5 tubs of golden finish, and 5 tubs of relentless.. is the golden gains sale going to be good enough for me to buy 5 tubs even tho im testing it too?! lol
I think so. initially there will be discounted stacks on top of the coupon, then there will be just single bottles with the coupon going forward after that until available on other websites/stores

jiritt0
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I think so. initially there will be discounted stacks on top of the coupon, then there will be just single bottles with the coupon going forward after that until available on other websites/stores

like buy 1 get 10 free if your forum member #67

mblehm
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Seems great, but protein content seems real low, and servings per price ratio seems small too.

At my weight, and size I usually try to get the products with the highest amount of protein/serving ratio.

Seems like a great product, but I just don't think I can use it.

Controlled Labs
04-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Seems great, but protein content seems real low, and servings per price ratio seems small too.

At my weight, and size I usually try to get the products with the highest amount of protein/serving ratio.

for post workout you dont need more as this is a bridge until you can get a whole food meal. it is competitively priced with other postworkout products. the price is great considering what you get, ingredient wise, compared to other products of this sort.

jiritt0
04-22-2009, 08:43 PM
most meatheads over due protein servings and realistically piss most of it out... I don't even use full servings of golden finish but still get stellar results.. saves greenbacks too

Sethva
04-22-2009, 09:19 PM
most meatheads over due protein servings and realistically piss most of it out... I don't even use full servings of golden finish but still get stellar results.. saves greenbacks too

diggin the new webby!

Gillyh
04-23-2009, 02:12 AM

My thoughts exactly including protein content. I was expecting the price per servings cheaper too for a CL product. Sadly, many people are going to judge the product based solely on the grams of protein. I still ordered 3 tubs to give it a try.

On the plus, I am liking the Fruits and Veggie complex and oats among other things.

pu12en12g
04-23-2009, 02:35 AM
On the plus, I am liking the Fruits and Veggie complex and oats among other things.

Yea the focus is on quality for sure... we wouldn't settle for anything average / anything less.

Controlled Labs
04-23-2009, 06:42 AM
My thoughts exactly including protein content. I was expecting the price per servings cheaper too for a CL product. Sadly, many people are going to judge the product based solely on the grams of protein. I still ordered 3 tubs to give it a try.

yeah, this is not a "protein" supplement. its a meal supplement. also the protein sources used are top notch and very expensive.

jiritt0
04-23-2009, 07:11 AM
i like the acai berry in it; ive been using acai caps past few weeks, and they're cool i guess... lots of hype on the berry lately, and it apparantly is the bomb in terms of antioxidants.. so thats neat

christopher a
04-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Felt the same way when I switched from 50 grams of ON Whey PWO to 20 grams of GF PWO. Still have received better results off GF while making sure I eat a whole meal within an hour after the shake. I would give GGS a try and forget about the megadosing on protein. I have found that ON just gave me GI distress while GF didn't. I always wondered how much protein I actually absorbed while taking the 50 grams.

jiritt0
04-23-2009, 12:43 PM
. I always wondered how much protein I actually absorbed while taking the 50 grams.

im sure you could figure out while using some crazy mathematical equation and fancy scientific research equipment that costs thousands/millions..

... it's easier for a company to tell you to overdose a product so you piss out most of it and buy more of it as you rapidly waste it. it's actually a very ingenius marketing move IMO

Controlled Labs
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
i like the acai berry in it; ive been using acai caps past few weeks, and they're cool i guess... lots of hype on the berry lately, and it apparantly is the bomb in terms of antioxidants.. so thats neat
absolutely, packed full of anti oxidants

Felt the same way when I switched from 50 grams of ON Whey PWO to 20 grams of GF PWO. Still have received better results off GF while making sure I eat a whole meal within an hour after the shake. I would give GGS a try and forget about the megadosing on protein. I have found that ON just gave me GI distress while GF didn't. I always wondered how much protein I actually absorbed while taking the 50 grams.

absolutely

poopies
04-23-2009, 09:52 PM
How good is the taste? I guess that might be hard to answer...

christopher a
04-24-2009, 12:09 AM

Hopefully should know shortly.

pu12en12g
04-24-2009, 09:26 PM

I'm confident you'll like it

pu12en12g
04-24-2009, 09:29 PM
FAME GIRL REVIEWS GOLDEN GAINS BY CONTROLLED LABS
http://controlledlabs.com/catalog/images/GoldenGains_LowRes%20web.jpg

Packaging: 9/10 Simple, stylish, yet attention grabbing. No bogus label claims.

Smell: 9/10 You know what it smells like? Dried fruit, and it has a golden color (hence the name) that I've never seen in a protein powder. Upon first glance, I'm excited, yet, I don't know what to expect! Smells like a fruit blend, for sure.

Mixability: 7.5/10 It doesn't mix as flawlessly as some others, but I think this is due to the carb complex. It was a little gritty toward the bottom, but if you follow the ratio- 1 scoop to 12oz of cold water, you will be okay. Any less, and you might not get it to mix well. I'm not surprised with this consistency being all the different fruit and veggie powders + the oat flour in here. I don't mind it at all, but I could see why some people might.

Profile: 10/10 I think this profile is awesome! With a perfect 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein, it's a great post-workout choice. I like that there are some many great fruits and veggies, even some of the super fruits! I've never seen a complex like it! It even has some flaxseed oil powder and sunflower oil powder too for your healthy fats. Definitely a unique blend. 310mg of calcium, and anyone who has even taken a bio course knows how important calcium is for muscle function.

Taste: 8.5/10 WOW definitely unique, unlike any other powder I've had before. It's definitely fruity, and I can taste the apple. My initial reaction was, "well, it's fruity, but I don't taste the 'pie' part of it". Then I was able to distinguish the taste of the oat flour, which did taste very much like a soft pie crust. Now, it didn't taste exactly like a blended up piece of apple pie, but I have never blended a piece of apple pie! I can absolutely see why it had this name. Also, it's not the absolute best tasting protein I have ever had, but it's uniqueness and profile alone give me the feeling this will grow on me even more. It's so different than any other protein or recovery supplement I have had in the past, that it almost deserves a category of it's own, I can't really compare it to anything!

Overall: 9/10 I definitely want to add this to my mix. I love the carb/protein ration and I love love love that there are lots of fruits and veggies in here. Oat flour was a good choice too, as opposed to purely waxy maize or tons of useless stuff. Unique definitely, and it's a drastic change from other flavors but I love it!

I'd like to thank everyone at Controlled Labs for consistently producing no BS products that live up to their claims. I would also like to thanks CL for including me in this phenomenal experience and trusting my reputation enough to include me. I hope I have met your expectations as far as feedback goes thus far. Great job on another quality product. You guys are really making your way up the ranks in the sports nutrition industry and it's for good reason.

Controlled Labs
04-24-2009, 09:32 PM
solid review

jiritt0
04-25-2009, 08:38 AM
am I supposded to log/review the free tub i got from bb.com thread?

sandaddiction
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I have been using ON Whey pwo, and ON Casein before bed. Should I continue purchasing casein for before bed?

AlphaBrass01
04-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Just a quick thought about the flavor.....if the apple pie ends up being a little bit strong or thick due to the oat flour and such, I might try doing one scoop of Golden Gains with one scoop of vanilla flavor whey protein and using it twice a day that way - apple pie a la mode, anyone?

bull.dogz
04-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Just a quick thought about the flavor.....if the apple pie ends up being a little bit strong or thick due to the oat flour and such, I might try doing one scoop of Golden Gains with one scoop of vanilla flavor whey protein and using it twice a day that way - apple pie a la mode, anyone?

Lol, I was going to do the same thing but only because I like more protein.

AlphaBrass01
04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Lol, I was going to do the same thing but only because I like more protein.
I feel ya. I usually have two protein shakes each day, with one being post-workout. I'm going to experiment and try both ways - GG post and whey later as well as half and half both times. It will depend on how I like the apple pie flavor, most likely.

Controlled Labs
04-25-2009, 11:06 PM
am I supposded to log/review the free tub i got from bb.com thread?
yes sir

I have been using ON Whey pwo, and ON Casein before bed. Should I continue purchasing casein for before bed?
sure, casein before bed is still good to add.

sounds good, experimentation is encouraged :) keep us posted on results

pu12en12g
04-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Nice !

conda
04-29-2009, 02:06 PM
A small bowl of cottage cheese with a chopped apple works great before bed. Saves alot of cash too! I'm gunna get one of my girl friends to order me some Gains. I gotta try it. :santa::dinner:

Controlled Labs
04-29-2009, 03:02 PM
A small bowl of cottage cheese with a chopped apple works great before bed. Saves alot of cash too! I'm gunna get one of my girl friends to order me some Gains. I gotta try it. :santa::dinner:

what a pimp :D

rich55
04-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Woot, woot!!!! New postworkout supplementation, awe yeah! :D

poopies
05-01-2009, 09:43 PM

Would you recommend this? I just read it and am tempted to give it a shot.

Controlled Labs
05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Would you recommend this? I just read it and am tempted to give it a shot.

sure, experiment if you like. all feedback would be great

poopies
05-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Not that I'm going to need more anytime soon, but is GGS available at GNC now? Just curious. And is it available in stores or just on their site?

pu12en12g
05-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Not that I'm going to need more anytime soon, but is GGS available at GNC now? Just curious. And is it available in stores or just on their site?

Should be in stores... if not now, VERY very soon

conda
05-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Should be in stores... if not now, VERY very soon

This also include all the Online stores?

poopies
05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
This also include all the Online stores?
Not on GNC's site yet. But they do have PW for $99.99... :bang head:

conda
05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Not on GNC's site yet. But they do have PW for $99.99... :bang head:

SO i tried a few sample packs of GGs after my workout. Holy Chit! I see myself getting addicted to this stuff. :heavy lifting::heavy lifting::heavy lifting::rave:

Controlled Labs
05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
shipped to GNC about 2 weeks ago, so it should be slowly showing up on their shelves shortly if not already. I am sure it will be on their site any day now.

poopies
05-19-2009, 09:53 AM
shipped to GNC about 2 weeks ago, so it should be slowly showing up on their shelves shortly if not already. I am sure it will be on their site any day now.
Nice! Do you know/can you disclose what their price range is going to be? Just out of curiosity...

Controlled Labs
05-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Nice! Do you know/can you disclose what their price range is going to be? Just out of curiosity...

in GNC? about 60 bucks without gold card, so 48 with gold card

34 bucks on our site. should be about 38 bucks on bb.com when it hits.

poopies
05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
in GNC? about 60 bucks without gold card, so 48 with gold card

34 bucks on our site. should be about 38 bucks on bb.com when it hits.
Alright, thanks! Use a 10% coupon from BB.com and it'll be about $34 there too! :D I'm going to need a steady supply :fool:

Controlled Labs
05-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Alright, thanks! Use a 10% coupon from BB.com and it'll be about $34 there too! :D I'm going to need a steady supply :fool:

touche' ;)

NastyNally
06-16-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm so disgusted this has strawberry in it. I loved Golden Finish, but I'm allergic to strawberry. Better luck next time I guess....:(

Controlled Labs
06-16-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm so disgusted this has strawberry in it. I loved Golden Finish, but I'm allergic to strawberry. Better luck next time I guess....:(

eat around them? :D

sorry to hear that as the formula really is stellar :)

95zj
06-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Cant wait for this to hit BB.com so I can finally place my stack order.

jiritt0
06-17-2009, 07:00 AM

disgusted is a bit harsh.. perhaps disappointed would fit better?

Controlled Labs
06-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Cant wait for this to hit BB.com so I can finally place my stack order.

wont be until after the summer. get it direct for now. only 34 bucks after the coupon, which is cheaper than the 36 or so bb.com will have it for

NastyNally
06-20-2009, 01:28 AM
eat around them? :D

sorry to hear that as the formula really is stellar :)
lulz :D the formula is more than stellar

disgusted is a bit harsh.. perhaps disappointed would fit better?
fair enough, disappointed it is

Controlled Labs
06-21-2009, 11:20 AM
lulz :D the formula is more than stellar

fair enough, disappointed it is

very true. you can always pick the strawberries out by hand? j/k :D

Ryan12
11-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Finally i got some confirmation about ordering this into Australia, they don't do anything that has a milk derived product which is over 10% of the product because of potential foot and mouth disease apparently.
So im gonna take a stab at assuming this is over the 10% lol

Controlled Labs
11-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Finally i got some confirmation about ordering this into Australia, they don't do anything that has a milk derived product which is over 10% of the product because of potential foot and mouth disease apparently.
So im gonna take a stab at assuming this is over the 10% lol

yup, with 20 grams, its over 10%