Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is WF+PW a good combo for running 20km+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is WF+PW a good combo for running 20km+?

Hey guys,

Im new to the controlled labs products and i started hearing all the hype so i had to see what it was all about!

So i bout some purple wraath and some white flood and have been using it for my workouts and it has been awesome.

However i do a lot of running, so in one session i might run 20km for around an hour and a half or so, i do however start to feel like im on a bit of a sugar high when my body is very tingling and i get to a point where i feel like im going to crash. And ive experimented with not using the supplements before i run and i dont seem to feel that way so much into the run (the sudden loss of energy and my body feeling light_ but i dont get the initial energy burst that id normally get if i took the supplement. But i guess im after something that might go the 'distance' if you know what i mean?

So basically my question is, is what im taking not appropriate for the running? Is there something else that you could recommend that id be happy to try?

Cheers

Ryan

Sounds like you need to experiment with the exact amount of water during that training. This is one scenario where I can't give you an exact amount... need to individualize it to get it just right.

In addition, the most WF I would take in that scenario would be 1 scoop... I'd probably go with

1 scoop WF
    1-2 scoops PW
    1-2 liters water
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 04-13-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Alright no worries, i guess i didnt want to take to much water because running for over an hour you really need to go to the toilet haha.

Thanks though ill change my water intake and see how that goes

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan12 View Post
        Alright no worries, i guess i didnt want to take to much water because running for over an hour you really need to go to the toilet haha.

Thanks though ill change my water intake and see how that goes
        Awesome, be sure to keep us updated !

Comment

Hey guys,

I experimented around a little bit and didn't take the purple wraath on one of my runs instead just took WF with a litre of water and felt energised yet didnt feel like i was going to crash or hit a sticking point during any running this week.

I can't really explain why but ill just keep the PW for my weights where it works very well

Comment

Haha sounds good. Usually other way around
            CONTROLLED LABS
            Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
            Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
              Haha sounds good. Usually other way around
              lol maybe i should try just taking the PW by itself then

Comment

Can't hurt.
                CONTROLLED LABS
                Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I wouldnt recommend white flood before an endurance event.. typically, the longer the duration of an activity, the less physiolgical/psychological arousal is required (marathons vs football)

white flood is be best suited for higher intensity activities such as lifting or power/strength sports

Also by using stimulants before an endurance event, the risk of heat stroke (and related issues) as well as dehydration are significantly elevated..

Comment

^ Hit the hammer on the nail there. WF would be a poor choice for long duration activity. Maybe take some WB caps night before to help increase NO in the blood...but i think the effects would be minimal. Experiment beforehand, see if you notice a difference in your training.

PW, on the other hand, would be a great addition, but be carefully cause it will dehydrate you a little. Make sure to spread it out through the event evenly, 1-2 scoops will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                      I wouldnt recommend white flood before an endurance event.. typically, the longer the duration of an activity, the less physiolgical/psychological arousal is required (marathons vs football)

white flood is be best suited for higher intensity activities such as lifting or power/strength sports

Also by using stimulants before an endurance event, the risk of heat stroke (and related issues) as well as dehydration are significantly elevated..
                      I love you for your knowledge

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                        I think ill reconsider using the products for the longer runs instead just keep it for the gym. But i will try PW on its own and see the effects

I am now starting to get used to the product and its not having the same stimulated effect as it once had, even after cycling off of it for nearly 2 weeks.

But thanks again for the info, appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan12 View Post
                          Thanks for the info!
                          I think ill reconsider using the products for the longer runs instead just keep it for the gym. But i will try PW on its own and see the effects

I am now starting to get used to the product and its not having the same stimulated effect as it once had, even after cycling off of it for nearly 2 weeks.

But thanks again for the info, appreciated
                          Though wf is great for working out in the gym, it's not perfect for running long distances i'd say. The caffeine may give you a bit of a crash with the 2 scoops. Pw on its own would be a great idea though.

Comment

have you ever experimented with carb loading before competitions? or just for fun to really push yourself one run?

Comment

Yeah i just had a half marathon last sunday, and ive only been running a few months i did 21km in 1 hour in 40 min.

But yes i did carb load.. I didnt do anything fancy i just ate loads of carbs 2 days leading up to the race lol. Any suggestions for when the next race comes up?

Comment

Working...
                              X