Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustrated; and need help and understanding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated; and need help and understanding...

I am a 24 year old guy; I am 150 lbs and kinda muscular but I'm looking to bulk up and get lots of muscles, 8 pack abs and the whole nine yards. What and even how would I do that? I've always been looking to start a workout supplement like controlled labs but don't know where to start.

By July 2009; (its April 2009 now) I'd like to have a good start on my goal. By December 2009, I'd like to reach my goal - if thats possible. In the end I'd like to be 170LBS or 180LBS and totally ripped and shredded.

Please let me know what supplements and even what I can do to reach my goals.

-Evan

Evan010@mac.com
    please put in subject: CONTROLLED LABS if you are responding to this.

Thank you again.

babysteps... you dont win the olympics without 4 years of hardcore training..

Comment

Best advice I think anyone can give you is that you have to try diffrent things, everybodys diffrent and we all respond diffrently (within reason) to diffrent training methods and supplementation.

What are you currently doing and what is your nutrition plan like? To be honest in my opinion nutrition is the biggest part of training as it can determine if you will reach your goal or not.

By nutrition plan I am refering to your food intake (hate calling it diet!)

Theres a tonne of information on here so get reading! i think ive read about 3% of whats on here and I learn somthing new everyday,

Have fun and good luck with your training.
      "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

Goal #1 : MASS

Go for bulking up. Don't worry about shredding. Just eat like a horse (healthy calories.) Look into a program like 5x5 or German volume training.

Do compound lifts like deadlifts, bench, squats, pullups, overhead press, rows, dips.

Get plenty of sleep and drink lots of milk.

For supplements: Green MAGnitude, Black HOLE, Orange TRIad, Golden FinisH

This is your goal #1. Go get em!!!! When you've gotten a bit bigger, we'll focus on recomps and/or cuts.

RR

Comment

Here's my 2 cents. All i do is bulk. When i was 24 i weighed 190. I'm 6'5 . Now i'm 37 and 259(and it isnt fat). You have a great advantage now with great CL supps. I eat like bear. 3 Larger meals(barilla multigrain pasta w/ 2cans of tuna and prego= yum. Protein snacks between meals(apples and peanut butter, cottage cheese, lean beef jerky) high protein and a good amount of complex carbs. Carbs is important, esp for gaining.

Oats is a good complex carb. Putting it in your protein drinks.. then blend it. Add a banana, and some naty peanut butter. Lift like it was advised above. I use Green Mag, Blue Gene(love this stuff) , PW, OT , and now White Flood. I've gotten the best gains i've gotten in years.

I eat my oats in the morning with a scoop of Whey, i have whole eggs also. After workouts i drink a gainer after my workout . You don't have to do it that way, it's just easier for me. You'll get lots of good advice on here. Not only are the CL guys sexy beasts, they know what they are talking about. Now go to huge brother!
          Last edited by conda; 04-06-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

What I normally eat on a daily basis is; Pasta (or some carb) Sandwiches... Ham or Turkey. If I'm in a rush I eat a hot pocket - Turkey, broc, cheese. Soups (chicken noodle), Salads --- and then fruit in the morning (2 banana's, and maybe an orange) and eggs.

I know I should be eating more and healthier, or well a better balanced meal but, I still live at home and I don't do the cooking or even the shopping most of the time, so meals and my eating aren't what they should be by any means.

Originally posted by Kamm View Post
            Best advice I think anyone can give you is that you have to try diffrent things, everybodys diffrent and we all respond diffrently (within reason) to diffrent training methods and supplementation.

What are you currently doing and what is your nutrition plan like? To be honest in my opinion nutrition is the biggest part of training as it can determine if you will reach your goal or not.

By nutrition plan I am refering to your food intake (hate calling it diet!)

Theres a tonne of information on here so get reading! i think ive read about 3% of whats on here and I learn somthing new everyday,

Have fun and good luck with your training.

Comment

Doesnt seem to be an array of evil foods there mate, I mean the daddy would be take aways ..... (depending on the take away :P) the devil of food.

How often do you eat? A good number of meals in my opinion is a minimum of 6 doesnt have to be big meals either.

I think what was said up there is quite true, bulk up and then worry about cutting down. It all depends what works for yourself, personally i have never lost my abs and since i started training ive put on a good 2 stone of muscle.

Hope some of this helps, anything is possible.
              "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

What I'd really like to know is good exercise routines, to gain muscle and bulk up.

I have a list of ones that I do in a note book but I'd like to know from more experienced of things to do and when to do them (meaning)

Do I workout all of my upper body at once, then the next day work my entire lower body?

Do I work only a few muscles one day and then different muscles the next day?

What would be the best way to gain muscles the fastest?

--- I work out; to let you guys know on a daily basis right now 7 days a week (for around 2 hours a day) but only 3 or 4 muscle groups (ie; biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders) one day and then the next I pick 3 or 4 different ones and work them and so on.

Please Let Me Know...

Thanks

Comment

I eat whenever I am hungry; which I know is probably a bad thing because I only eat like 3 meals and a snack or 2 a day.

The problem with me is it doesn't really matter how much I eat or even if I eat healthy or not... I normally don't gain any weight. I could eat 4 or 5 burger king cheese burgers and not gain a single pound (and yes, I've done that before).

So, we'll see I guess... I just really, really want to be able to bench 400LBS and dead lift 400/500 LBS as well.

I just bought today actually some protein powder and a really good multivitamin. So, I'll start with that and if it start working; then I'll add on some others later... Remember I'm 24 years old and don't have a job because of this economy. So, its rough to buy stuff that I need to bulk up and get fit.

Originally posted by Kamm View Post
                  Doesnt seem to be an array of evil foods there mate, I mean the daddy would be take aways ..... (depending on the take away :P) the devil of food.

How often do you eat? A good number of meals in my opinion is a minimum of 6 doesnt have to be big meals either.

I think what was said up there is quite true, bulk up and then worry about cutting down. It all depends what works for yourself, personally i have never lost my abs and since i started training ive put on a good 2 stone of muscle.

Hope some of this helps, anything is possible.

Comment

buy 50lb of steel cut oats and a 10lb bag of whey protein.. combine 1 scoop of powdered oats + 1-2 scoops whey at least 2 x a day for five months. also start a weight training program focusing on large body parts and compound movements, revolving around the squat, deadlift, standing shoulder press, bent over row, and bench press. train hard and eat 6-8 clean meals a day for that five month period as well and you will add mass.

also, from a sport psychology standpoint, it seems as if you may be focused on a potential outcome that is highly unlikely -- benching 400pounds... and if it isn't highly unlikely, it is very distant from your ability level now. focus on small goals and baby steps.. your not going to bench 400pounds ever if you never bench 200pounds..etc.
                    Last edited by jiritt0; 04-07-2009, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I find Regular oats worked better then steel cut. Plus steel cut cost alot more. 50 pounds?? Do you live near a horse stable?

Comment

http://www.bobsredmill.com/home.php?cat=112

or

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/steelcutoats50lb.aspx
                        (where I got my 50lb bag)

I believe steel cuts are healthier? (more nutrient dense) I just blend them into powder and scoop into shakes.. it makes the shake grainy but i imagine its no diff than any other oat would

I just used whole steel cut oats into a granola mix last night (instead of rolled oats) as well..
                        Last edited by jiritt0; 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Well Bear... I'm going to call you that from now on since you eat like one... What other Food things do you eat/recommend to gain, and bulk up... in the most healthy way of course. LOL

By the way... that pasta with 2 cans of tuna and prego sounds really amazing I'll have to try that one of these days!

Let me know...

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                          Here's my 2 cents. All i do is bulk. When i was 24 i weighed 190. I'm 6'5 . Now i'm 37 and 259(and it isnt fat). You have a great advantage now with great CL supps. I eat like bear. 3 Larger meals(barilla multigrain pasta w/ 2cans of tuna and prego= yum. Protein snacks between meals(apples and peanut butter, cottage cheese, lean beef jerky) high protein and a good amount of complex carbs. Carbs is important, esp for gaining.

Oats is a good complex carb. Putting it in your protein drinks.. then blend it. Add a banana, and some naty peanut butter. Lift like it was advised above. I use Green Mag, Blue Gene(love this stuff) , PW, OT , and now White Flood. I've gotten the best gains i've gotten in years.

I eat my oats in the morning with a scoop of Whey, i have whole eggs also. After workouts i drink a gainer after my workout . You don't have to do it that way, it's just easier for me. You'll get lots of good advice on here. Not only are the CL guys sexy beasts, they know what they are talking about. Now go to huge brother!

Comment

Im 21 (just turned today) and I couldnt put on weight at all...

I started eating every 2 -3 hours and making sure the food i was eating was a good balance of carbs and protein etc. If you assess your diet and needs per calorie. + 500 to that and you will gain weight.

Theres no ifs or buts, that works hands down. Its science! :P

Just ensure your are intaking more calories then your expending. Its easy to say you could eat 500 burgers in one sitting or w.e, but could you eat the same in pasta or jacket potatoe im guessing not.

Not having a go at you at all, just sharing experience of gaining mass and bulking etc.

Comment

I try to buy stuff that lasts. The pasta thing with tuna etc works great. It's cheap and you will have left overs for the next day. You can also use ground turkey if you get tired of tuna.

It depends on your budget . I shop around, look for those frozen ground turkey rolls. They are cheap, and pretty lean. Plus you can use ragu, its cheaper then prego. Oats will last a while also.

I hit up costco and buy a huge bag of lean jerky. It lasts for a long time( for snacking). And i also load up on eggs. The 99 cent store here sales em lol . Plus they sale raw oats. Its about lookin and shopping smart IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X