Body fat percentage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body fat percentage?

Hey whats a good body fat % I should stay at. I'm 5 9 160lbs 10% body fat now.
    Showing off is the fools idea of glory.

Last time I checked 10% was the recomended body fat percentage for a healthy lifestyle.

Im about 6-7% although I havent checked or performed any tests for awhile. I havent been ill for along time so Its all down to your own perception i would presume.

Id like to drop down to 5% and see how i look and feel.

What method are you using to read your bodyfat ?
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

I'm using a tanita impedence scale
      Showing off is the fools idea of glory.

Comment

Originally posted by mikie791 View Post
        Hey whats a good body fat % I should stay at. I'm 5 9 160lbs 10% body fat now.
        Depends on your training and performance goals. Many bodybuilders can continue to make good gains with 8-15% BF (yes, the range is that large). But this is just a guideline. Your appearance and/or performance - depending on your priorities - should dictate your ultimate off season BF percentage.

The measurement of BF is best used to objectively measure your progress and to aid your dietary adjustments. There are pros and cons associated with all BF measurement methods (e.g., impedance and body hydration issues, etc.) so you may want to review the shortcomings of each method as you begin to track your body comp.

Comment

Working...
        X