Whey powder (Dymatize Elite)
    NOW Adam Multivitamin
    Fish Oil Pills
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM pills
    Green MAGnitude
    Purple WRAATH
    (If I can afford it Glycergrow)

Look good to you guys?
    Last edited by glb; 10-27-2006, 09:17 AM.
    "My pain is self chosen."-Mad Season
    "When it's game time, it's pain time baby."-Terry Tate

Originally posted by glb
    Fish Oil Pills
    Green MAGnitude
    Purple WRAATH

Look good to you guys?
    Looks very good!!! I can't imagine anything else you could add, aside from a multivitamin and lots of good food and training.

Comment

Originally posted by glb
      Fish Oil Pills
      Green MAGnitude
      Purple WRAATH

Look good to you guys?
      Looks solid.... just add OATS

Will you be doing a bulking log / journal at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        Looks solid.... just add OATS

Will you be doing a bulking log / journal at all ?

I will be doing a journal very soon. As for the oats, I was thinking of getting a 25lb. bag of this:

https://www.bobsredmill.com/catalog/...product_ID=279

I was also think of making this sort of shake for a midmorning meal.
        1 scoop whey
        16 oz. skim milk
        1/2 cup oats

What do you think?

Comment

That's a pretty good price for 25 lbs. Find a local Costco or health food store where you can buy in even more bulk for cheaper (possibly), but I'd say 16 bucks for 25 lbs is decent.

It looks like you got all the basics down in terms of supplementation! I'd actually recommend getting a tub of Glycergrow because the stuff will last forever at the recommended dosing, especially since you only take it on workout days.

But beyond all that, and more importantly, how's the diet plan looking?

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a guy, 6'1", 30 years old, and I am looking to put on mass, strength, and power. I would like to get to between 210 to 225lbs. and I have a long way to go since I have dropped down to 150lbs. because of a knee injury. I will be on the 5x5 program with cardio on the off days. Here is my bulk diet:

Wanted to also give you a look at my bulking meal plan I have so far and ask what improvements I need to make to it.

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, banana

Meal 2: 6oz. cooked ground beef or turkey, slice of fat free cheese, green veggies OR protein shake recipe I posted with a handful of almonds

Meal 3: 2 cans of tuna, green veggies, apple, 1 tbsp. olive oil

Meal 4 (preworkout): Shake made of 2 scoops whey and either 1 cup ground oats OR a chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat bread

Meal 5 (postworkout): Shake made of 2 scoops whey and 80-100 grams of dextrose/malto

Meal 6: 6oz. cooked chicken breast, green veggies, 1 tbsp. olive oil

Meal 7: 50 grams casein protein with 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter

I think it may be too low on carbs and too high in fat but want to ask you to see.

Comment

I see you added in some natty pb, very good addition. I am not sure that you want a whole meal for preworkout, the shake and oats is a good idea but I would skip the sandwich.

Do you have a hard time gaining weight?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                I see you added in some natty pb, very good addition. I am not sure that you want a whole meal for preworkout, the shake and oats is a good idea but I would skip the sandwich.

Do you have a hard time gaining weight?
                Yes I do have a hard time gaining weight. If I don't eat like I should or let things stress me out, I lose weight fairly easily. I did do alot of cardio at one time, 50 minutes a day, but I haven't done that in quite some time.

Comment

I would add some more carbs into meal 6, either some brown rice or sweet potato or yam.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                    more carbs
                    Agreed... especially when you hit a plateau

Comment

Looks good but why are we in the Diet/Fatloss section looking at a "Bulking Stack" ?

And thats a lot of High GI carbs PWO? (I'm not a MAlto/Dext hater either)
                      "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Originally posted by retro_roots
                        Looks good but why are we in the Diet/Fatloss section looking at a "Bulking Stack" ?

And thats a lot of High GI carbs PWO? (I'm not a MAlto/Dext hater either)
                        How much carbs should I go with PWO? One scoop dextrose?

Comment

You'll have to play around with that. Personally, I like 40-50 g of Malto/Dext depending on the intensity/ muscle group worked. You could go anywhere from 30-70g, and you dont have to have any.

I like this article for explaining it: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/windowofopportunity.php
                          "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Originally posted by glb
                            How much carbs should I go with PWO? One scoop dextrose?
                            Anywhere around 25g or so... but since you're bulking it's ok to error on the high side.

Comment

The changes I am going to make to my diet is having the shake I mentioned as meal two with some almonds, Going with a pre-workout shake instead of solid food, cutting it down to one scoop dextrose PWO, and having a sweet potato on meal 6. How's that?

Comment

Working...
                              X