Supercarb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercarb?

have read the Avant Labs rundown on Supercarb....anyone used it for any descent length of time?

what results?

stick to oats or give it a bash?

check out true proteinx waxy maize startch also, i believe its similar to super carb..

I bought 3lb, but am saving it for closer to when i go to the beach, just using oats for the time being.

http://www.trueprotein.com/store/com...dProduct=14044

True Protein’s Waxy Maize Starch is derived from natural corn starch and is a food grade modified starch. It is very bland in flavor and has a white fluffy like consistency. We recommend using a shaker or a blender (this is best) to mix this product as it does not mix well. Immediate use is recommended as it has a tendency to clump. We have gone through great lengths testing and tweaking our Waxy Maize Starch to be palatable. We have found one that tastes fairly well and functionality wise it is top of the line.

So what’s so special with Waxy Maize in comparison to dextrose or maltodextrin? Many people have used a mix of dextrose and maltodextrin for post workout nutrition for years because it works and is vital for proper glycogen replenishment. Welcome to the new era of post workout nutrition… Waxy Maize Starch. WMS has a much higher molecular weight and a much lower osmolarity rate compared to dextrose or maltodextrin, so what does this mean… Mainly, WMS bypasses the stomach, is absorbed by the intestines and immediately is assimilated; this is all done at a much faster rate than dextrose or maltodextrin, almost double.

WMS can help the absorption rates of many of your favorite supplements like creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester, cell volumization and nitric oxide type supplements, etc. Nutrients like this often times are left in the stomachs harsh acidic environment and degrade absorption rates. WMS helps shuttle these nutrients to bypass the stomach and allow the body to assimilate these nutrients at a much higher rate.

WMS has the ability to replenish the body’s glycogen stores much faster than a mix of maltodextrin or dextrose. This is accomplished again by WMS’s ability to bypass the stomach and go to the intestines for immediate absorption. WMS’s ability to shuttle all these nutrients and starch gives the body an immediate "pump" you can physically feel in your muscles post workout. You will see a much larger, fuller and rounder muscle belly.

Dextrose and maltodextrin can cause water retention and bloating, hence WMS’s popularity with pre contest and contest preparation carbohydrate replenishment. Many dieters choose WMS as their carb of choice as it is sugar free and an ideal source of a long chain complex carbohydrate.

We recommend starting with one 70 cc scoop post workout and see how your body responds.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size:~40 grams (70 cc scoop)
    Servings Per Pound 11

Amounts Per Serving

Calories 160 Calories from fat 0

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 0g 0%

Saturated Fat 0g 0%

Cholesterol 0g 0%

Sodium 0mg 0%

Total Carbohydrates 38g 18%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Sugar 1.5g

Protein 0g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 0% Iron 0%

1 pound 6.64 - 6.99

Comment

waxy maize starch, isnt that Vitargro (or is that Corn? might be the same ) = V.High GI
      supercarb = Low GI
      Last edited by Da Main Man; 05-24-2006, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Check this out too:

http://www.palatinit.com/en/Food_Ing..._PALATINOSE__/

Comment

Originally posted by Da Main Man
          waxy maize starch, isnt that Vitargro (or is that Corn? might be the same ) = V.High GI
          supercarb = Low GI
          Yes; I believe you are correct... i( dont really know what that means though)...

high GI spikes insulin more? but does it matter postworkout that much, dont you kind of want the spike to get everything delivered into your muscles?

and pu; where can one find straight palantiso for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            Yes; I believe you are correct... i( dont really know what that means though)...

high GI spikes insulin more? but does it matter postworkout that much, dont you kind of want the spike to get everything delivered into your muscles?

and pu; where can one find straight palantiso for sale?

high GI like vitargo is for post workout.

Supercarb (super low GI) is for other meals.
            www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              Trying to get it is a different story, I have emailed a few places with no returns.

I have been using SuperCarb for a while and rally like it. I am limited as to what carbs I can use and this one works pretty good for me.
              Last edited by ddawg91; 05-25-2006, 09:56 AM.

Comment

interesting, did some reading on super carb. may have to pick some up if my paycheck is large enough this friday..

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                  Trying to get it is a different story, I have emailed a few places with no returns.

I have been using SuperCarb for a while and rally like it. I am limited as to what carbs I can use and this one works pretty good for me.
                  Dear Jeffrey,

the company Palatinit, manufacturer of Palatinose, will contact you.

I have forwarded your inquiry.

What would be interesting for me: Where did you find information about Palatinose?

With best regards

Anne-Katrin

Anne-Katrin Pflästerer
                  akp public relations
                  Hopfenstraße 4
                  69469 Weinheim
                  Tel.: +49 6201 843704
                  Fax: +49 6201 843705

i got u ddawg

Comment

I was unable to find palatinose but I recently picked up some supercarb. I figured it was worth a try . . . It's pretty good stuff actually. From what I can tell it seems to provide a nice steady energy level. I used some today for my 8 hour long test from hell. Kept my brain working just fine. . . I think
                    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

my reply to that Anne-Katrin Pflästerer email:

from an internet message board..
                      http://www.controlledlabs.com/forum/...=7264#post7264

the product seems like it could be highly useful for bodybuilding purposes in terms of low impact on insulin, and sustained energy release during a stage of extreme caloric and carbohydrate deficiet!

I'm not sure how much it would cost to purchase, mainly if the company is looking to sell whole sale or more individually, but if the cost is too much for me the chance is possible i could contact certain bodybuilding and nutritional supplementation sites with regards to carrying the product.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Dear Jeffrey,

the company Palatinit, manufacturer of Palatinose, will contact you.

I have forwarded your inquiry.

What would be interesting for me: Where did you find information about Palatinose?

With best regards

Anne-Katrin

Anne-Katrin Pflästerer
                        akp public relations
                        Hopfenstraße 4
                        69469 Weinheim
                        Tel.: +49 6201 843704
                        Fax: +49 6201 843705

i got u ddawg
                        You Suck!! I did their email form on the website so we will see it they contact me. Any info you better pass!

Comment

no word yet... they were forwarding my email/contact to the USA sales people but i havent heard from them..

Comment

no word yet... they were forwarding my email/contact to the USA sales people but i havent heard from them..
                            I have not seen anything either!

Comment

Thank you for your interest in Palatinose. Please contact our distributor BCH America, Inc at 203-834-0556. if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.

Renee Tallman
                              Executive Assistant
                              Palatinit of America, Inc

havent called yet, im almost positive their looking for wholesale distrubition, not individialized

Comment

Working...
                              X