Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Milk Collegiate: Sweet!

https://www.nutraplanet.com/product/...ollegiate.html

This product looks VERY promising. Doesn't contain the Glycocyamine or high fat content of Muscle Milk, but it has the high carbohydrate, calories and protein of Cytogainer. Best of both worlds. Also affordable.

Total Calories 580
    Calories from Fat 70
    Total Fat 7g 12%
    Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
    Cholesterol 35mg 11%
    Sodium 330mg 14%
    Potassium 530mg 15%
    Total Carbohydrate 89g 30%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 15%
    Sugars 5g
    Proteins 40g
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 10-13-2006, 09:57 AM.

That is an insane amount of carbs unless you are bulking.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma

I'm always bulking!

Comment

the new "light" version looks promising, not sure what the label looks like though.

MM tastes great, but that fat/carbs turns me away from it

edit - found the nutrition facts...

Last edited by Sethva; 10-13-2006, 10:42 AM.
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

The light sounds more up my alley. The taste of MM has always been one of the best esp. the banana cream.

Comment

I haven't seen the ingredient profile yet. What is the main CHO source? My guess is Malto.

Comment

Collegaite:
              INGREDIENTS: CytoCarb II (Cytosport's unique combination of branching as well as long linear chain maltodextrins with very low “DE” (Dextrose Equivalence) Providing a Complex Carbohydrate Source Approximately 96.5% Sugar-Free), EvoPro Collegiate Blend (Micellar Alpha and Beta Caseins and Caseinates, Whey Concentrates Rich in Alpha-Lactalbumin, Whey Isolates, Whey Peptides, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Aminogen, Lactoferrin), Lean Lipids Trans Fat Free Lipid Complex Selected For Unique Energy Properties (MCT’s Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil), Fibersol 2 (Resistant Maltodextrin), Buttermilk, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cytovite I (Vitamin and Mineral Premix Consisting of Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol, D-Alpha-Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Folate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCL, Cyanocobalamin, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, D-Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Iodide Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Fumarate, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Oxide, Chromium Nicotinate), Acesulfame Potassium, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin.

Comment

14 servings a pop... geez. i hate that. at least real gains has 21, and about 30 if you only do 3 scoops instead of 3 1/2

Comment

or a collegiate athlete ..

great idea, but stupid. it'll sell alot, to stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto

I think there is an ingredient in MM that is banned by the NCAA not sure and that is why they came up with the collegite label.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                      This product looks VERY promising. Doesn't contain the Glycocyamine or high fat content of Muscle Milk, but it has the high carbohydrate, calories and protein of Cytogainer. Best of both worlds. Also affordable.

I think there is an ingredient in MM that is banned by the NCAA not sure and that is why they came up with the collegite label.

its also why there is more carbs than one may normally enjoy.
                      collegiate athletes need carbs.

course, whey isolate + casein + steel cut oats is prolly about the same thing...

Comment

I think it was designed so coaches could "legally" recommend it to there players. By NCAA rules a product can only have a certain ratio of protein to carbs for a school to support the use of it.
                        "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto

hahah! I agree.
                          "Usually when people think they are holding a lot of water, they are just holding a lot of fat." -Mr. Aries

Yellow Neuphoria! (Complete)
                          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post13021541
                          -or-
                          http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...ead.php?t=1780

Comment

They are tricking us, making us get addicted to the taste and now making us buy different version!

I am curious on how the flavors differ from each version.
                            Anabolic Xtreme
                            Brent@AnabolicX.com

Comment

Originally posted by retro_roots
                              I think it was designed so coaches could "legally" recommend it to there players. By NCAA rules a product can only have a certain ratio of protein to carbs for a school to support the use of it.

collegiate athletes can take your normal protein legally, same with oats. which is basically what this is, protein powder with alot of carbs.

yea it prolly has a mix of protein, carbs, other stuff, but for the cost protein + oats is alot better for the college kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X