Fish Oil Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Oil Caps

This burping up fish flavor really sucks! Anyone out their in supplement land have this happen to you and what do you do about it?

Is anyone taking flax seed caps and what is your experience with them?
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Originally posted by icetrauma
    This burping up fish flavor really sucks! Anyone out their in supplement land have this happen to you and what do you do about it?

Is anyone taking flax seed caps and what is your experience with them?

Yes, but I don't mind them.
    Try to take fish oil before you eat, so it will mask any 'burp flavor'

I took flax seed for a while. On the plus side it doesn't have any aftertaste like fish oil. Can't say I noticed much of a difference between that & fishoil.

Comment

I take both flax seed and fish oil. Make sure you find some fish oil capsules that have Enteric Coating on them.

"The enteric coating reduces the fishy odor and aftertaste by protecting the softgel until it reaches the lower intestine. This results in more EFA's available for absorption."
      I don't know how true all that is but I definately don't have a fishy aftertaste or belch it up anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mers
        I take both flax seed and fish oil. Make sure you find some fish oil capsules that have Enteric Coating on them.

I don't know how true all that is but I definately don't have a fishy aftertaste or belch it up anymore.

Good info, mers!

Comment

KAL makes a lemon flavor capsule with no aftertaste... cheap too.

Comment

i like health from the suns fish oil liquid. and i found if you drink alot of water after or eat a meal 15min after or so the burps are fine.

you basically get the burps from fish oil/cap on an empty stomach and/or from cheap versions of fish oil

i never used flax oil, but i have liek 20lb of flaxseeds i grind up and put in oats, protein bars, shakes sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
              i like health from the suns fish oil liquid. and i found if you drink alot of water after or eat a meal 15min after or so the burps are fine.

you basically get the burps from fish oil/cap on an empty stomach and/or from cheap versions of fish oil

i never used flax oil, but i have liek 20lb of flaxseeds i grind up and put in oats, protein bars, shakes sometimes.
              Yeah ground flax seed is good stuff. Good source of fiber as well. Makes great cookies too...someone should think about making and selling those...

*cough*Bring them back Crowler*cough*

Comment

The Costco fish oil caps are pretty good also and I have not had a fish burp yet.

Comment

I found that drinking pelnty of water with this will also diminish that nasty burp taste.
                  How you know where I'm at when you haven't been where I've been, understand where I'm coming from?

-Cypress Hill-

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                    The Costco fish oil caps are pretty good also and I have not had a fish burp yet.
                    Yeah I get Member's Mark or whatever Sam's Club brand is. Same with Flaxseed oil.

And yeah plenty of water will help diminish the fish burps.

Comment

I agree, water helps, along with food. If you take strong tasting things with it, it should mask it pretty good.

What about those breath asure pills? Those should do it!
                      "Usually when people think they are holding a lot of water, they are just holding a lot of fat." -Mr. Aries

Yellow Neuphoria! (Complete)
                      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post13021541
                      -or-
                      http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...ead.php?t=1780

Comment

Working...
                      X