Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My workout - Over doing it?

Hello ladies and gents!

I am currently following the http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...ingworkout.htm .... and I had a few questions to ask all of you

This workout is pretty intense, and I am having strong feelings that I might be overtraining with this workout. For example, On monday, you are doing chest, shoulders, back and traps. On the majority of these workouts, you are working your triceps alot aswell. Then the next day you are doing arms, working the triceps again. Is this too much?
    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

hogwash. i dont think thats overtraining at all. everyone is different, and this board knows i am pretty insane when it comes to conditioning and "overtraining"

currently i am doing a 6 day split consiting of:

mon - chest, tri, bi + 2 mile HIIT + 1 mile stairs
    tues - shoulder, back, abs +2 mile HIIT +1 mile stairs
    wed - legs +2 mile HIIT +1 mile stairs
    Thurs - chest tri bi +2 mile HIIT +1 mile stairs
    Fri - shoulder back abs +2 mile HIIT +1 mile stairs
    Sat legs, abs

and throughout the week I have 3 MMA workouts. If i am bored i will go run 5 miles at a light intensity

i have no fatique or mental fogginess. my energy levels are HIGH, my strength is up, and I am in the best shape of my life.

it is my opinion that overtraining is mostly psychological, because regardless of how much you exercise the human body learns to adapt. what may seem like overtraining is just you pushing your body to its potential.

Comment

For starters, it depends on YOUR short term and long term goals

Comment

It doens't look like it would be but how does your body feel after doing it? The stress on the triceps from the two workouts are fine as long as you get a bout 72 hours of recovery before hitting that body part again.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          It doens't look like it would be but how does your body feel after doing it? The stress on the triceps from the two workouts are fine as long as you get a bout 72 hours of recovery before hitting that body part again.

also what ddawg said

Comment

For the next few days after the workout I feel really shakey. I guess it could be because of my injuries.. because I shouldn't be working out all that much in the first place for the next week or so. I'll just have to see how I do when I am all healed up

Comment

Originally posted by malky
              For the next few days after the workout I feel really shakey.
              This part sounds nutrition related to me... lots of variables. The more info / details we have to work with the more we can help.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                This part sounds nutrition related to me... lots of variables. The more info / details we have to work with the more we can help.
                Agreed.

Comment

Well. That can be very true. Because following my log for the last couple of days, I haven't been eating very well.

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                    Well. That can be very true. Because following my log for the last couple of days, I haven't been eating very well.

Yesterday, 10/08/06, was a free day for me and damn my workout was not as good as expected. All that crap food really tore me up. Next time I will stick to a cheat meal not a cheat day.
                    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Working...
                    X