3 day split.. what to do for 4th day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 day split.. what to do for 4th day?

I've just started this new three day split designed by a trainer for my friend, the problem is. I want to do something for I get 4 days of training, IE mon/tues on, wed. off, thurs/fri on. The problem is I don't know what to do for the fourth day. Right now there is 2 routines of everything on the log... back/bi, chest/tri and legs. The problem I have is none of these involve military press or power cleans, which from doing my research are two of the best exercises you can do next to ATG sqauts (which I do).

I was thinking

mon- back/bi
    tues-chest/tri
    wed-off
    thurs. legs
    friday- power cleans, military press and really smash the abs

Not neccassarily always taking wed off but always spliting the routine like so, thoughts?
    Last edited by headinahole; 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM.

I have the same split, shoulders get a day of their own. Sometimes I'll throw in arms again on that day too, since they're lacking.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

That's the way I was thinking with the deads/cleans/press and abs, that would work my core/arms/traps which could use the extra work. Seeing as how my legs aren't 100% for 3-4 days they need the rest or I'd love to hit squats twice a week.
      Last edited by headinahole; 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

i would switch legs with back or chest so your not doing legs than cleans the next day

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          i would switch legs with back or chest so your not doing legs than cleans the next day
          That was just a generalization of the split, I manipulate the program for what I'm doing at work. I would make sure that legs don't fall within 2 days of the 4th split day.

Comment

i did a 4 day split all summer, similiar to what youve got going on , just i went straight M-TH with fr/sat/sun rest from weights

I was doing this

M: chest/arms
            T: legs
            W: shoulders/back
            Th: oly-stuff (cleans, jerks, etc.) and/or full body super sets (squats + bench)

outside the compound movements on Th iused the time to pick up anything missed. if i did more bis on monday i would do tri works thurs, or vice versa. if i hit shoulders more than back wends I would do some more back work thurs. and I would always try to blast the legs tues+thurs =)

I was doing direct core work on mon/thurs as well..

Comment

Working...
            X