DDawg's Black Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDawg's Black Out

Ok since there is a lack of logs going on for Black Out I decided to crack open my bottle and do a review.

A little history on my sleeping, I have always been able to run on very little sleep. Is this healthy? No but ever since I was a little kid I hated sleeping and felt like it was a waste of time and I would miss out on so much. For the most part I average around 4-6 hours of sleep a night and only in the past few years started taking naps and actually trying to get 8+ hours of sleep. I the past the only time I got lots of sleep was when I was sick.

My lack of sleep is probably the biggest part of what is holding back my gains but I seem to find ways to busy up my schedule to where I don’t have the time to get the proper rest. I very rarely have trouble falling to sleep or staying asleep. Once in a while I will have bouts of 1-3 weeks of very poor sleep and then it goes a way, this happens maybe 2-3 times tops a year.

So why am I trying a sleeping agent? I am trying this mostly for the recovery aspect of the supplement and to aide in my recovery and repair. This won’t make up for the lack of sleep but maybe help out some.

So here we go!

Wooot !! Let the fun begin !!

Comment

Night # 1

Took the initial dosage about 1/2 hour before bed and had no toruble falling a sleep. Now I had some realy deep sleep lastnight and actually woke up thinking I was late for work. I did get up a few times through out the night but as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out again.

Now I am not saying the Black Out worked with the initial dosage as I was sick yesterday and did some heavy deads but I did sleep good. I only got about 4.5 hours of sleep but felt pretty good once I came out of my fog.

Comment

Night # 2

Took 3 pills just so I don't have an uneven dose in the end. Slept 8.5 hours but it was not the best sleep as I was up every 2 hours and then some restlessness. The restlessness must have been due to the house being warmer than usual as the temps are up outside.

Did not take long for be to be alert but was still groggy when I woke up. This was due to dinner last night, even though it was suppose to have been gluten free I don't think it was due to some of the symptoms I had. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Comment

Night # 3

Took the full dosing (4 pills) ~45 min before bed and really started to feel pretty drowsy so when my head hit the pillow I was out. Only woke up 1x I think and had good sleep (slept for ~5 hours). When I woke up I felt refreshed but still could have slept more.

Comment

Brother, I feel your pain!!

I wish that I could sleep more but my schedule just does not permit this. And when I do try to sleep, I regret not going to bed earlier or doing something different. Hopefully your sleep catches up because you’re getting very little sleep, mang. Don’t want to let your body get sick.

Can’t wait to see more updates. How does your recovery seem so far? I’m interested in some of the goodies in Black Out. WB at night was great and I plan on taking WB on Off days, and saving BO for On days.

Any time I feel the onset of sickness or less than stellar recovery, that’s when I usually take an extra cap of WB (usually take two) or I’ll stack it with ZMA or plain zinc. I’d trade my supplements for consistent, unaided sleep though. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
              Brother, I feel your pain!!

I wish that I could sleep more but my schedule just does not permit this. And when I do try to sleep, I regret not going to bed earlier or doing something different. Hopefully your sleep catches up because you’re getting very little sleep, mang. Don’t want to let your body get sick.

Can’t wait to see more updates. How does your recovery seem so far? I’m interested in some of the goodies in Black Out. WB at night was great and I plan on taking WB on Off days, and saving BO for On days.

Any time I feel the onset of sickness or less than stellar recovery, that’s when I usually take an extra cap of WB (usually take two) or I’ll stack it with ZMA or plain zinc. I’d trade my supplements for consistent, unaided sleep though. Good luck!!
              Amazing thing is I stay pretty healthy despite the proper rest. I always make sure I take my multi, extra C, and antiox. I usually take ZMA also but I am cycling off it for a few weeks.

I have not really had full dosage after a workout so this week will tell that. I loved WB at night but am cycling off of it also right now.

I agree on the sleep issue but just right now there is no way I can get the full sleep with my schedule so hoping htis will help at least some.

Comment

Heh, we’re verrry similar. I take time off between ZMA and WB as well. I just finished off my ZMA (which I was using sparingly anyways) and it’s been over a month since I’ve used WB at night. Feels good having them handy just in case you’ve had a punishing session in the gym, only to get swamped with other tastes later on.

Don’t you ever wonder how crazy it’d be to sleep for a solid 8 hours each night? Some people sleep 10 hours each night and I have no idea how they can find the time to do it. I wish I was a pro body builder so I could keep doing working out instead of doing a nine-to-five and THEN trying to find time to work out and have a life lol

I’m hoping that this is a good pre-bed supplement to help promote a more efficient time sleeping. I have a bottle coming soon as well, so I’ll be sure to post a detailed log. I know that AEE and ZMA are synergistic. Same with melatonin added to the mix. I’m really hoping that Cissus and Longjack make a noticeable difference. *crosses fingers*

Comment

i slept for about 12 hours last nite... woke up feelin' like i don't ever need to sleep again.. haha
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                    i slept for about 12 hours last nite... woke up feelin' like i don't ever need to sleep again.. haha

Comment

Oh did I tell you I did 455 for 5 ?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                        Oh did I tell you I did 455 for 5 ?

rite.. that would be awesome.. however, at this moment in time, how strong i am and how much weight i can lift seems much less significant. In fact, i sometimes dont' even wanna think about lifting weights these days.
                        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

rite.. that would be awesome.. however, at this moment in time, how strong i am and how much weight i can lift seems much less significant. In fact, i sometimes dont' even wanna think about lifting weights these days.
                          Man jsut trying to get ya riled up, I didn't do it yet but it is a goal. Man you sound pretty damn happy to not even care about lifting. That is just awesome.

Comment

Night # 4

This was my 2nd full dosage and it is really setting in, again I waited till I was feeling pretty drowsey before I laid down. I can definitely feel it kicking in. I had another deep sleep night, actually deeper then the night before.

Again after ~5 hours of sleep I woke up somewhat refreshed but still could have slept in longer.

Comment

In fact, i sometimes dont' even wanna think about lifting weights these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X