What's your warm up routine like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your warm up routine like?

I'm not really sure how to warm up anymore ... whats yours looking like..?

So for leg day, I start with light sets (5ish mins) worth of squats, lunges, deadlifts.. then I'll do some walking lunges, step ups, bodyweight squats (5mins) before lifting. Static stretching is not really recommended here right?

Am I on the right track? What to do for back or chest days? I don't use cardio to warm up anymore.

Cooldown is generally 5min cardio and a heck of static stretching after.

Originally posted by asianbabe

So for leg day, I start with light sets (5ish mins) worth of squats, lunges, deadlifts.. then I'll do some walking lunges, step ups, bodyweight squats (5mins) before lifting. Static stretching is not really recommended here right?

Am I on the right track? What to do for back or chest days? I don't use cardio to warm up anymore.

just 2 x lighter sets of 15-20 on compound movements.
    Last edited by Da Main Man; 08-18-2006, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe

my warm up is about 5 mins of core and "inner muscle work"
      on lower body days i do isometeric bridges front back sides, so times so glute activation work , and dynamic and static stretching

for upper body i do static stretching and rotator cuff exercise (pre-hab)

"Static stretching is not really recommended here right?"- static stretching is generally considered to be bad for strength if doing it pre-work out as you are esstianlly lessing the total connect points on the myosin and actin links

imo from alot of reading on the topic - if you are soley concerend with strength static stretching might not be the best idea prework out
      but taking postural devations into consideration , dependin on your paticualr body it can make a postive diff
      Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Originally posted by Da Main Man
        just 2 x lighter sets of 15-20 on compound movements.

WHere is the little thumbs up smiley ???

I do 2 x lighter sets slow about 10 - 15 reps then we are GOOD to go.

BUT seeing as how it is now cold where Asian Babe is she probably could use some extra work to warm up thoroughly.

CROWLER
        President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
        www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

crowler are you volunteering to "warm her up" just a lil bit?
          www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

you guys suck, gimme a few bucks, and a bus ticket, and im at her front door in less then 2 hours. lol

scared much MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Mine consists of stretching and a few easy warm up sets and hten its time to GET IT ON!

Comment

Hmm thanks for the replies guys

Originally posted by adoniscomplex
                my warm up is about 5 mins of core and "inner muscle work"
                on lower body days i do isometeric bridges front back sides, so times so glute activation work , and dynamic and static stretching
                Yeah those bridges are good to help with squatting right, I forget to add them in sometimes.
                for upper body i do static stretching and rotator cuff exercise (pre-hab)
                can you give me some examples, are pushups any good here?

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it

Comment

Who warms up? hahaha

Comment

i run for 5minutes. gets the heart pumping, some blood flowing, and raises body heat so by the time im hittin the weights sweat is rolling off me.

before each main exercise i do the bar too (squat, benches, deads, etc)

Comment

Yeah those bridges are good to help with squatting right, I forget to add them in sometimes.
                      bridging strengths the transverse abodmins and multifidus , bot muscle dont have an action besides stabilization which really isnt improved during most motion based exercise
                      lack of trans ab and mutlifudus strength is belive to be the main cause of lower back pain in america by top pyhsical therpists (i cant spell ..fuck)

no
                      cuban presses are a good starting point

starting soon i will be adding in self myofasica release with a foam roller and glute activation work , along with rohmboid actvation work
                      Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Originally posted by adoniscomplex
                        bridging strengths the transverse abodmins and multifidus , bot muscle dont have an action besides stabilization which really isnt improved during most motion based exercise
                        lack of trans ab and mutlifudus strength is belive to be the main cause of lower back pain in america by top pyhsical therpists (i cant spell ..fuck)

no
                        cuban presses are a good starting point

starting soon i will be adding in self myofasica release with a foam roller and glute activation work , along with rohmboid actvation work
                        I have one of these at home...is this what you're talking about? I'm not sure which exercises I need, I thought it might be good for a cool down/stretch maybe..?

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....4-021-training

Comment

Working...
                        X