Jdub---VPX NO SHOTGUN LOG/Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdub---VPX NO SHOTGUN LOG/Review

Hey, i just got my package today. I got it at mass nutrtion for like under 40 dollars with shipping. Pretty good deal.

Anyways. i opened it and the first thing i noticed was that it smells like cinnamin apples. I have read that many hate that taste and i havent read one positive review. I was expecting that i would gag/throw up. I mixed it up and began to drink. Right when it hit my tongue, *BAM*, i tasted like apples. Not to bad. Second gulp. Same taste. Its not bad at all. I thought it was quite refreshing to drink it after a hard day at school. Its one of the best tasting pre-workout supps i have tried.

Energy- i just took it so i havent noticed anything yet. Will report back after my workout.

Peace out nig.

Jdub

MY WORKOUT:

Chest/Back

Bench Press- 45x10 135x5 155x5 160x5 165x5(PR since injury)

DB 15degree incline- 30x10 40x5 50x5

Pec Deck- 4 sets pyramid weight

Incline bench- 95x10 115x5 135x2 95x5(4 second pause) 95x8(4 sec pause at bottom)

Pulldowns-4 sets various weights

Pullsups bwx2

rows- 95x5x4

DB rows 40x5 50x5 55x5 55x5

assistant pullups-5x5x5

OVERALL: this is the best workout that i have had since my shoulder injury and even before my injury this would be one of my best. Could be placebo but i am not sure quite yet.

PUMP: 7/10 It was there just not as much as something like WB.

STRENGTH: 9/10 still a little early to give it a 10 but it helped me out so much. Really suprised me. I just added on the weight.

ENDURANCE: 10/10 I had a long and hard workout with cardio at the end and i am not even that tired. I felt like i could have gone longer but i dont want to exhaust my self on the first day.

TASTE: 7/10 I liked it, most say it is bad, i was expecting worse but it was pretty good.

PRICE: 8/10 It wasnt to expensive, but still i wish it was a little cheaper. Not bad though.

OVERALL: 8/10 overall i havent had this much of a "feeling" from a Pre-Workout supp since, ever. Definiatly will helped you.

29 Servings left mean 29 more reviews to go!

Jdub

such a good mood right now, i have a great workout.

PWO snack time! later

Comment

I feel you on the bench

Comment

I just took my second serving like 20 minutes ago with some SHRED by millenuim nutrition. I am hoping to have a good ARMS workout today. Looking to make some PR's with db curls and tricep dips.

Alright, bout to leave for the gym. Wish me luck. Peace

Jdub

Comment

Today was my ARMS day. I thought i was going to have a good workout

Workout today:

EZ bar curls- 35x10 55x5 65x5 75x5 85x3(PR)

DB curls- 20x8 30x8 20x8 my wrist start to hurt so i took it easy

cable curls- various weights

barbell curls- 40x8(wide grip) 40x8(close grip)

Tricep pulldowns-various weights

Tricep pushdowns- 7x8 10x8 11x8 15x5 17x2 Machine weight, dont know exact, think each level is 12.5 pounds but cant confirm

Dips-whole stackx8(WU) BWx8 shoulder start to really hurt so i took it easy

Skullcrusher- various weights

VPX No Shotgun

PUMP- 8/10 definitally hard more of a pump today

STRENGTH-7/10 felt a little low today but partly cuz of shoulder

ENDURANCE- 9/10 still there

TASTE- 7/10 once again not bad

OVERALL: 8.5/10

Had a decent workout. Not my worst but then again, not my best.

Jdub

Comment

Alright. today was my shoulders and legs day. I took the SHOTGUN about 40 minutes before and drank about 20-30 ounces of water with it.

Shoudlers:
            Military Press 45x5 45x5

DB Press: 20x8 35x8 45x8 55x5(PR!!!!!! BY A MILE)

DB Front Raises: 15x8 20x8 25x8

Barbell Raises: 20x8 30x8

Shoulder machinedont know the weights just the levels) 5x8 7x8 9x8 10x8(PR felt to easy) 11x8(PR) 4x8 5x8

LEGS:
            just started to work my legs out about 2 weeks to this day.
            Squats: 45x5 95x5 135x5 145x5(PR) 150x4(PR) 45x10

Front Squats: 45x5 45x5 (just getting used to the bar with these)

And various leg machines. I dont know the name but the hamstring curls on one, quads, and something else.

I also did some jumping squats, felt weird.

PUMP: 9.5/10 my shoulders were looking alot more defined and bigger. The vein on my bicep started to bulge out and i thats never happened before.

STRENGTH: 10/10 my squats went up 10 pounds today. Speaks for it self.

ENERGY: 9.5/10 I just could keep still, it worked amazingly.

ENDURANCE: 7/10 Suprisingly, i got really tired during this workout.

OVERALL WORKOUT: 9/10 they just keep getting better. cant wait for tomorow when i workout my chest. Hoping to set a few PR's. Cant wait. Man i love this stuff.

I had alot of PR's this workout and i absolutly love it. Starting to look alot bigger.

HELP: does anyone know any good exercises to do for BASKETBALL. I have decided i am going to play this year and my hops suck.

Thanks

Jdub

I was looking really big this morning in the mirror. Starting to become the Alpha male.

Comment

VPX NO SHOTGUN

Hey, i took my serving about 45 minutes preworkout. I started off this workout with a little more streching than usual. CHEST BACK

Bench 45x10 135x5 155x5 170x4(PR)

Incline Dumbell 20x10 40x8 50x8 55x8 25x12

PEc Deck- 4x10 8x10 11x10 15x7

Machine Press thing- 6x8 10x8 6x8

BACK:

Pullups- 1xbw 2xbw

Assisted pullups wide,chin,

DB rows

Deadlift- 95x8 145x8 145x8 45x8

STRENGTH- 9.8/10 MY bench is up to 170 for reps. I am pretty stoked. Also had a few other PR's but am to lazy to put all my weights down.

PUMP-7/10 looking a little weak today

ENDURANCE-8/10 doing pretty good

OVERALL: 9.1/10 My workouts are getting better and i am becoming a "BIG BOY". lol

P.S.

Weight- 196.2
              Height- 6'0

I have gained some weight but my abs are looking better than ever. I think its because i started working out my legs again so i gained back the mass in my legs.

Jdub

Comment

What size in CC is your scoop? A lot fo the early batch of this stuff had a scoop that was way to large(63 cc) when the correct scoop size is (39 cc). I was feeling great resluts at around 80 cc but now that I got the correct scoop and am only taking about 50 cc worth I'm not feeling this product as much. Could also be the fact that I am on my second tub in a row and need to take a break(both Shotgun and Lifting).

As far as an exercise for Ups, a freind of mine who player a lot and actually started Senior year, always did Calf Raises on a 2" on so board with a barbell, going fairly heavy with the weight. Obviously aiming for explosiveness, don't know if it actually works or if he just had the idea that it should work but worth a try.
                "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Retro_Roots i have the 39cc scoop. I have a question though, i thought the serving size was 27cc? Am i missing something? Anyways, i think you should probably take a break from SHOTGUN and working out.

still not working out my arms to the fullest due to my shoulder injury still feeling a little ni-ni.

ARMS DAY:

Tricep Pushdowns: 4x8 8x8 10x8 12x8 5x8

CloseGrip Bench Press: 45x8 95x8 115x8 135x5 45x5

Reverse Grip Bench: 45x8 95x8 115x8 135x2 45x8

Bench PRess burnouts: 45x25 45x25 45x25 45x25

Bicep curls 20x8 30x8 35x6 40x4 20x8

Con. Curls: 20x8 15x8

A couple of other machines and i did some ab work too.

Another day and another couple of PR's. LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!

PUMP: 9.5/10 Holy Cowabunga(ha). I got the best pump i have ever had with a NO product.

STRENGTH: 9/10 Helped me bust through some PR's to make room for new ones.

ENDURANCE: 9.6/10 This helped alot when i was doing the burnouts.

OVERALL: 9.4/10 My workouts just keep getting better.

POST WORKOUT: Had my whey protein bar, and took 5grams creatine mono. Just started to take the mono yesterday. Its my first time ever taking mono seperatly.

Definitally getting stronger. Will post some progress photos soon.

Jdub
                  Last edited by JDub; 08-18-2006, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I took my serving about 5 minutes ago, going to go to the gym in like 30 minutes or so. I definitally am getting bigger. My arms are becoming quite defined and my shoulders are looking alot bigger. Now if only my biceps would grow, then i would be a beast.

Workout: LEGS/SHOULDERS

HOping for another couple of PR's.

Jdub

Comment

The serving size is 27 g., how that translates to cc. is dependent on MW and consistancey.
                      "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

O that makes more sense. I was wondering why, i was even thinking of only taking half a scoop, but not anymore.

Comment

Shoudlers:
                          Military Press 45x5 95x5

DB Press: 20x8 35x8 45x8 55x6 PR!!!!!!

DB Front Raises: 15x8 20x8 25x8 20x8

Barbell Raises: 20x8 30x8 40x8

Shoulder machinedont know the weights just the levels) 5x8 7x8 9x8 10x8 4x8 5x8

LEGS:
                          just started to work my legs out about 2 weeks to this day.
                          Squats: 45x5 95x5 135x5 145x5 155x4(PR) 45x10

Front Squats: 45x5 45x5

And leg machines. I dont know the name but the hamstring curls on one, quads, and something else.

I also did some jumping machine squats, and calf raises.

PUMP: 9.9/10 my shoulders were looking alot more defined and bigger.

STRENGTH: 9/10 was hoping for some more PR's but still had a couple.

ENERGY: 8.5/10 was a little low

ENDURANCE: 8/10 I started to get a little more tired than usual.

OVERALL WORKOUT: 9.2/10

Was pretty good and i am still getting stronger and boy o boy do my shoulders look great. I am starting to see the "lines" in my shoulder. Pretty sweet.

Jdub

Comment

Today is my first off day from NO-SHOTGUN! Hopefully that will make my monday workout even better.

Jdub

Comment

Changing my routine up a little bit. Today i did CHEST?TRICEPS

Started off:

Chest:

Bench Press: 45x10 135x5 160x5 170x4 (my shoulder started to hurt so i didnt push it) Plus (tied my PR)

Incline Bench: 45x8 95x5 115x5 115x5

Pec Deck: 5x10 10x8 11x8 12x8 10x8 7x8

Dips ( the real ones): full stackx8(WU) BW+7.5x5 BW+10x5 BW+10x4 BW+7.5x4

Pulldowns .....

Pushdowns.......

Overhead extensions....

To tired to type it all out.

I had an assume workout. I expect more from my chest but it wasnt terrible. My triceps were so strong today. This is the most weight i have ever done on dips. I have never been able to do more the 5 dips with my bodyweight. Pretty sick

PUMPS: 9.8/10 Definitally getting better. Shoulders were looking great.

ENDURANCE: 9.5/10 I had a good workout and am a little tired right now.

STRENGTH: 10/10 Holy mother. My strength of my tri's went through the roof. Ok bench but my tri's, man i am happy.

OVERALL: 9.99995/10 Almost to the point where i cant get any better workouts. But if i set a PR on my bench today, i would have been stoked even more.

As of right now, i am loving this product.

Jdub

Comment

Working...
                              X