No announcement yet.

motivation: what do you do to keep it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motivation: what do you do to keep it?

What do you guys and girls do when you're losing your motivation to go to the gym? Ive been having trouble keeping mine and have only been going 2-3 times a week now thats down from 6. I had so many things that kept me going, but they're just not enough i guess. Id just like to see what you all do to keep at it.
    The stack:
    PW-GG-GB-GM-BU-RA-Designer Whey protien

THE MAN:
    5'9
    197.5 LBS
    BF% 29

Maybe you can take a week completely off the gym, then use that time to reassess/redefine your goals, get your nutrition happening, remember the reasons you are doing it - because you actually like it and how you feel after an awesome workout session.

Comment

when i'm feeling under-motivated i usually go and get one of my favorite girls at the gym and ask her to spot me. That usually gets me going pretty good i'm not kidding.. It's hard to accept defeat when you are in front of a girl
      www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

I very seldom feel unmotivated to lift. If I do it is related to stress or some conflict. I love and have a very deep passion for working out and pushing myself to the limits. Oh and I really hate missing workouts motivated or not, I actually get grumpy and agitated.

When I do get unmotivated I usually do a few things.

1. When Powerlifting I think abotu the guys that have lifted more then me and think to myself that they are training so I need to train. That always gets me going.

2. Usually once I start I get into the groove and pull out of it.

3. Remember Dorian Yates' book Blood and Guts, my fav bb'er and book.

4. If non of the above works, Is still drag my a$$ in and lift. A bad day in the gym is better than none.

Comment

One thing keeps me going.

I know, women are just as shallow as men. and noone wants a fatty in bed with them.

Comment

1. all those years of the more popular kids making fun of me because i was chunky. $%# them. i see them back home from college and most of them have put on some weight. working out makes mefeel more confident

2. to be the best martial artist, my cardio and strength has to be top notch. no one became the best by sitting on their ass.

Comment

i get this problem sometimes. but then i squash it ASAP. and it usually goes like this.

i look in the mirror.
              i close my eyes.
              i look in the mirror again.
              If what i see in the mirror isnt where i want to be i grab my gear and goto the gym.
              for everyone else that does it for someone else or to be seen by someone else im glad that works for you. cause it doesnt work for me. i know that that reflection in the mirror is doing nothing but telling me that i aint worth shit and that im just a punk cause i want to go do something else. those other things will still be there once im finshed "puttin in work" more motivation would be to ask myself when i was in this same spot staring at the same mirror last week feeling sick to my stomach cause i was having problems eating that last meal. what were last weeks numbers? dont matter pussy weight in my book i could have done more. i can do more. fuck this im going to the gym to do more. if i dont go up atleast 1 more rep 1 more lb or lose 1 more lb. then there really isnt a point to being in the gym in the first place.

i used to be content with how i looked and how i felt. now i know that i can always be better so i guess the bottom line is I AM MY MOTIVATION.

Comment

I look around and see how fat our society is getting, ussually whips me right up into the gym

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91

1. When Powerlifting I think abotu the guys that have lifted more then me and think to myself that they are training so I need to train. That always gets me going.

must take a while to go through 5 billion names
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                    must take a while to go through 5 billion names

I will be sending SCT to be taking care of my light work!

Comment

thanks for the replies guys and girls i try to stay focused. I have plenty of motivators, but sometimes they're just not enough. this site really does help a lot! I also just hate being out of it for a week or so and then feel myself going soft. it sucks!
                      The stack:
                      PW-GG-GB-GM-BU-RA-Designer Whey protien

THE MAN:
                      5'9
                      197.5 LBS
                      BF% 29

Comment

I know this is an old topic, but meh.

I've been feeling unmotivated of late and honestly, as shallow as it is, I think about the fact I'm paying for this. I'd be pissing away money for nothing if I don't go. Also, the hardest thing is getting to the gym. Once you're there it's a whole different story. Then you see all the guys lifting heavy, and all the girls on the ellipticals with the butts giggling and well (only the fine ones though), it's good to be at the gym. Then after throwing more weight than I did the last time out, or more reps, and feeling that PUMP, then you know what Arnold was talking about in Pumping Iron. Seriously, you feel better after and then you go, "what in the hell was I thinking not wanting to come" as you kick your own ass a la Fight Club in the parking lot.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

I feel if I stop lifting I will lose the race to greatness. hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                            I very seldom feel unmotivated to lift......

If non of the above works, Is still drag my a$$ in and lift. A bad day in the gym is better than none.
                            Amen... someone has a great sig on the forum "Stimulate not annihilate".... even on a bad day, you're still stimulating, which is the key (for size at least).

Comment

I normally get quite pissed with myself if i dont go to the gym so very rarely do i become un-motivated for it. I just call myself names and march right on down to the gym.
                              Your opponent can only win if you allow them too

Comment

Working...
                              X