Iron ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron ?

how much is too much iron.... because my old mutli vit ran out and i have this one source stuff i got at wal-mart for now... everything almost drop by half but the iron it stayed at 18mg same as my old multi... i thinking about doubleing my dosage of my wal mart mutli but im scard of iron poisoining like it says on the back of the bottle... im 232 pounds ... what do u think???
    5'11"
    230lbs hard

I will not buy a Multivitamin with iron in it.

To be honest, even with your Wal-Mart multivitamin, you will be fine just taking the reccomended dosage. I would not add any more to it. It will honestly make little difference IF any.

I ONLY buy cheap multivitamins without iron from my local Wal-Mart. A multivitamin is a stupid product to spend a lot of money on. Multivitamins do not fully absorb anyway when you have a real "popular" one. I buy a cheap bottle for about 7 bucks and lasts about 3 months.

Multivitamins suck, take a cheap multivitamin, and supplement some extra Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B complex.

Just take the dosage your bottle says.

Hope this helps, it is the way I and many others feel about Multivitamins.

Comment

if just noticed my pee doesnt turn neon green/yellow anymore since i started taking the wal mart multi
      5'11"
      230lbs hard

Comment

you don’t need any additional iron then what you get in your diet. it is very hard for men to rid their bodies of iron, women lose it during their period so their multi needs it, it is much more harmful then helpful for a men's multi to have it.
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Yup. My grandma has too much iron and we found out that her side of the family has some hectic hemochromatosis. A few family members died from it and the remaining ones all need to watch their diets really carefully.

I heard something about stacking iron and vitamin C after you work out helping to propel your body into a deeply anabolic state, and thought it was crucial for me to supplement iron. Bad idea (I was a newb).

Thankfully I don’t have iron overload, but no regular joe really needs additional iron. I don’t even eat much red meat and I’m still fine. Don’t take it unless your doctor prescribes it. Those GNC Mega Man multivitamins are actually my favorite product from that store. They’re priced fairly competitively and they’ll surely get the attention of any GNC sales person lol. NOW Adam are supposedly the best you can get, and they’re quite reputable as NOW has been pretty solid over the years. Can’t go wrong with either of these, imo

Comment

Originally posted by Krueger
            if just noticed my pee doesnt turn neon green/yellow anymore since i started taking the wal mart multi
            That could be a good thing bro, at least you know it is all getting absorbed.

Comment

That can be true in lots of cases, however some companies use different shellac coating and that can also contribute to the colour. I try dunking vitamins in a glass of water while I’m at work or at home for a while… lets you see exactly what the vitamin’s going to be doing once it’s inside of you.

I’ve found cheap vitamins that almost do NOT dissolve at all in water. WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X