Purple Wraath vs. Xtend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Wraath vs. Xtend

I'm sure this has been discussed, and I'm too lazy to go read a bunch of old threads.

Whats the differences, the pro's/con's, the goods on each. And what will each do for me that the other wont, etc..etc..

I'm getting one or the other, and I want to be as educated as I can before I go ahead with it.
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Hey, Im from East Liverpool, OH.
    Here is some information on both products.

Purple Wraath: Ergogenic Essential Amino Acid Matrix
    Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath™ was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.

Key Attributes:
    - Fast absorption/fast acting
    - EAA & BCAA
    - Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
    - Delicious tangy grape flavor
    - Natural anabolic environment
    - Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
    - Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
    - Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
    - Explosive strength, power, and energy
    - Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
    - Dextrose/maltodextrin free

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy.

Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...

We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath™ by Controlled Labs.

PurplEAA Complex™:

The Purple Wraath™ PurplEAA Complex™ is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath™ fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex™:

While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes training:

Leucine:
    - Primary anabolic trigger
    - Enhance recovery
    - Optimize hormone levels

Valine:
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Anti-inflammatory
    - Analgesic

Isoleucine:
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Hormones

Lysine:
    - Beta-oxidation
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Calcium absorption
    - Energy

Arginine:
    - Vasodilator
    - Nutrient delivery
    - Anti-Catabolic

Histidine:
    - Vasodilator
    - Sexual function

Threonine:
    - Nutrient uptake
    - Immune system

Methionine:
    - Enhance metabolism
    - Energy
    - Mood
    - Antioxidant

Phenylalanine:
    - Energy
    - Hormones
    - Mood

It's important to understand that our EAA Complex includes all of the BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that you have used in the past, including a precise ratio of leucine. Research shows that blood levels of these KEY amino acids are directly related to muscle protein synthesis, so we formulated a comprehensive and efficient matrix to enhance lean mass directly and indirectly, and under various conditions. Now, that ratio is important, but there are some other very exciting points about this formula. Unlike some of the amino acid supplements on the market, you aren't paying for cheap "filler" ingredients such as dextrose or maltodextrin when you purchase Purple Wraath™. Also, we chose not to include the amino acid glutamine since it is not an essential amino acid, and our bodies can synthesize it on its own in sufficient quantities. Because the studies that we based this formula off of do not use tryptophan and since it has the potential for "sedative" like side affects, we designed Purple Wraath™ to be completely tryptophan-free.

By combining intense exercise or weightlifting with the fast absorbing PurplEAA Complex™ you can rush nutrients into the active cells of your working muscles, creating an anabolic environment optimal for recovery and lean mass.

What would an EAA product be without some amazing support ingredients? Good, but not great. To make this formula great we added the PurplEndurance Complex™.

PurplEndurance Complex™:

You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath™ by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

So what does each of the ingredients in the PurplEndurance Complex™ do?

Beta-Alanine:
    - Helps increase aerobic efficiency
    - Helps enhance oxygen transport
    - Helps to reduce lactic acid accumulation

Citrulline Malate:
    - Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
    - Boosts energy production
    - Has an oxygen sparing effect
    - Boosts mitochondrial function

Betaine Anhydrous:
    - Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
    - Enhances muscle fullness
    - Acts as an energy enzyme protector
    - Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
    - Elevates glutathione levels
    - Promotes liver health
    - Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
    - Enhances metabolism

Ginger:
    - Aids in nutrient absorption
    - Enhances digestion/stomach function
    - Produces a nootropic effect

Norvaline:
    - Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS

As you can see, we have responded to customer demand and the result: Purple Wraath™...the most advanced pre-workout product available!!

Key Attributes:
    - Fast absorption/fast acting
    - EAA & BCAA
    - Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
    - Delicious tangy grape flavor
    - Natural anabolic environment
    - Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
    - Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
    - Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
    - Explosive strength, power, and energy
    - Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
    - Dextrose/maltodextrin free

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xtend: Scientifically Advanced Endurance and Recovery Enhancer

Xtend™ is a precise, scientific blend of Energy Aminos™ consisting of the proven 2:1:1 ratio of Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine), Glutamine, Citrulline Malate, and Vitamin B6 that will give you the energy you need to maximize your training while enhancing recovery at the same time. The advanced components in Xtend have been scientifically proven to help:

Speed Recovery.
    Enhance ATP production and promote cell volumization.
    Decrease muscle breakdown and cortisol levels.
    Avoid fatigue by blocking entry of fatigue-inducing tryptophan into the brain.
    Increase protein synthesis, immune function and digestive health.
    Promote vasodilation which can lead to better assimilation and absorption of protein.
    Elevate growth hormone levels.

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 2 Scoops (11.5 grams)
    Servings Per Container: 30 / 90
    Amount Per Serving
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyroxidine HCl) 10mg
    L-Leucine 3.5g
    L-Glutamine 2.5g
    L-Isoleucine 1.75g
    L-Valine 1.75g
    Citrulline Malate 1g

* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
    † Daily Value Not Established.

Ingredients:
    L-Leucine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, Citrulline Malate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Potassium Citrate, Citric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Pyridoxine HCl, Red #40, Blue #1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are both great products, and I believe them together is awesome. However, if I were to only pick one, it would be the Purple Wraath. Controlled Labs Purple Wraath is one of if not the best supplement I have ever used. My workouts were longer, and stronger. Also my recovery was unbelievable.

-This is just my opinion, I hope the information helped some. Good luck bro.

Comment

in laymans terms i would say this
      [correct me if im wrong]
      EAA - better for muscle endurance/growth

BCAA - better for muscle recovery/prevent catabolism

I believe BCAA better during workout, while EAA better pre/post

if you can afford, the more of either = the better, tho im sure there is a point where excess = waste

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
        I'm too lazy to go read a bunch of old threads.
        Cool! I'm too lazy to answer. lol

I've only used Xtend so far and it's great!

PW has the same stuff as Xtend plus more. Go for PW if you want more I'd say.

Comment

primaforce now has primal EAA or whatever being reviewed.. duno the release... seems interesting .. good company, should be a good EAA product as well.. perhaps CL will do wraath deals to counter the release of a competitor? or send me freebies so i pimp it more all over the world.?

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            primaforce now has primal EAA or whatever being reviewed.. duno the release... seems interesting .. good company, should be a good EAA product as well.. perhaps CL will do wraath deals to counter the release of a competitor? or send me freebies so i pimp it more all over the world.?
            it will be good if you want a straight EAA product. many of the purple wraath benefits come from the "extras" in it.
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Here's a crazy idea... try one of each and let us know what you think

Comment

damn you think I'm rich like Tank?
                A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                  it will be good if you want a straight EAA product. many of the purple wraath benefits come from the "extras" in it.
                  ...very true

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  Here's a crazy idea... try one of each and let us know what you think

wisedom thro experience

but i prolly wont be using any EAA for awhile.. when im at college, i stick with simple stuff... creatines, protein, multi... sometimes i get additional but rarely can i afford cos i dont work

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                    damn you think I'm rich like Tank?
                    If on a budget, you can always start by adding leucine to your shakes and go from there... both WRAATH and XTEND are the "icing on the cake" type supplements.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                      in laymans terms i would say this
                      [correct me if im wrong]
                      EAA - better for muscle endurance/growth

BCAA - better for muscle recovery/prevent catabolism

I believe BCAA better during workout, while EAA better pre/post

if you can afford, the more of either = the better, tho im sure there is a point where excess = waste
                      Well Purple Wrath has the BEST of BOTH worlds with the BCAAs as well as the EAAs.

Now if they would make maybe a Red Wrath which tasted like Ketchup THAT would be a winner.

CROWLER
                      Last edited by CROWLER; 08-04-2006, 03:51 PM.
                      President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                      www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

I'm wondering how Xtend supporters hyped the taste so much. Sure, it tastes good compared to bulk BCAA's... but it still tastes bad, in general. I finally thought I might have an amino product to look forward to taking and was dissapointed with all the hype. I'm going back to Animal Nitro G... best tasting amino supplement, ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X