How many times can you squat 135?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times can you squat 135?

Just for the hell of it I tried to see how many times I could squat 135, so I got to rep 45 and about collapsed, my lungs felt like they were going to explode and my legs were burning up

Originally posted by LancerV
    Just for the hell of it I tried to see how many times I could squat 135, so I got to rep 45 and about collapsed, my lungs felt like they were going to explode and my legs were burning up
    Most I've ever tried was 20 on the Scivation DUBS workout, I did manage 3 sets of 20 at the tail end of an intense workout.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Comment

I'm not too sure but i'm having to bring up weak lower body from years of ignoring. I think the most i've ever attempted was 12. Sad but no need to make up a number
      www.AnabolicInnovations.com
      Great store, Great products and Great Service.

------------------------------

Hangin's too good for 'em! BURNIN'S too good for 'em! They should be ripped into itsy-bitsy little pieces and BURIED ALIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawkk
        I'm not too sure but i'm having to bring up weak lower body from years of ignoring. I think the most i've ever attempted was 12. Sad but no need to make up a number
        I was just bored since I cant go heavy on squats so I figure I would try to kill myself

Comment

never tried more than 15
          www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Kurt Angle in the lead up to training for the olympics:

In the weight room I used to do crazy stuff too, stuff no one else did, as a way to combine strength and endurance, and intensity. I would squat 225 pounds as many times as I could. Once I did it 77 times. To an athlete who lifts weights, 225 pounds is not a lot of weights to squat, but I guaran-damn-tee you that the strongest man in the worlkd - somebody who could squat 800 or 900 pounds, can't squat 225 pounds for 77 times without stopping. You can't believe how heavy 225 pounds gets after 30 or 40 reps. My brother Eric can squat 720 pounds, but he can't squat 225 pounds more then 40 times. I couldn't walk when I was finished, but that was the idea. I'd burn my legs out, then do my powerclean and my dead lifts with very heavy lifts.

It was all about fatique training. I was always changing up my routine, pushing myself to the max. I'd change the weight on those squats each week. The week after I did 25, I'd do 315 pounds for 41 times. The following week, 405 pounds for 28 reps.. Then one week, I'd drop down to 135 pounds, and doing 136 reps one time.

Comment

hmmm endurance training. The fastest man in the world can't run a 100mile marathon if he doesn't train for it. Go figure.
              The Untergrund...from 157lb civilian to 5'10 192lbs of guerilla warfare mechanic guarding the Republic of Korea

Lead follow or get out of the way.

I FULLY ENDORSE GREEN MAGNITUDE
              If it has liquid in it I probably slipped some Green Mag in it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=spirit3530

Comment

the fastest man in the world prolly cant run a 100mile marathon anyway...

id bet he would burn out very early cos he doesnt kno how to pace himself, and he isnt used to that type of running, cos he prolly always trains sprints...

I dont do endurance trianing much.. i usually warm up with 135 20x and end squats with 10-15 depending on how tired i get (burn out or cooldown)

in HS we would do leg press for sets of 75, 150.. it was basically you would do all the reps, be screamin in pain by the end, the weight coach standing above you screaming back, calling you a pussy and all this stuff, than after about 1/2 the reps you would die and he would spot every rep pushing it up once u lose strength..and when u racked it, you would stand up and stroll over about 5-10 feet to the big trash can and hurl

great times

Comment

Originally posted by ozcoltsfan
                  Kurt Angle in the lead up to training for the olympics:

In the weight room I used to do crazy stuff too, stuff no one else did, as a way to combine strength and endurance, and intensity. I would squat 225 pounds as many times as I could. Once I did it 77 times. To an athlete who lifts weights, 225 pounds is not a lot of weights to squat, but I guaran-damn-tee you that the strongest man in the worlkd - somebody who could squat 800 or 900 pounds, can't squat 225 pounds for 77 times without stopping. You can't believe how heavy 225 pounds gets after 30 or 40 reps. My brother Eric can squat 720 pounds, but he can't squat 225 pounds more then 40 times. I couldn't walk when I was finished, but that was the idea. I'd burn my legs out, then do my powerclean and my dead lifts with very heavy lifts.

It was all about fatique training. I was always changing up my routine, pushing myself to the max. I'd change the weight on those squats each week. The week after I did 25, I'd do 315 pounds for 41 times. The following week, 405 pounds for 28 reps.. Then one week, I'd drop down to 135 pounds, and doing 136 reps one time.
                  Tom Platz did 315 for 50reps

Comment

i tried 100's for a week. I did 82 @ 135, then took about a 20 second rest and knocked out the last 18.

Comment

Originally posted by rcp197inIZ
                      i tried 100's for a week. I did 82 @ 135, then took about a 20 second rest and knocked out the last 18.
                      So how bad were your legs hurting

Comment

sheesh.. 100 reps... lol.. i'd be puking up everything in my stomach.
                        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

I've never done over 20. I wouldn't Imagine I could do to much more than that... Max would probably be a little over 30.

Comment

just started training my legs again. First time in the last 8 months. I am repping 140 right now. So i can probably get 135up likle 10 times or so.

Ah...my wrist keeps poping as i type this. bugs the crap out of me.

Jdub

Comment

Okay, so point of doing so many squats with a weight most people here warm up with is? I saw endurance, but after a point, wouldn't that be counter-productive and break the muscles down WAY more than you really would want???? For now, I do about 20 reps when it comes to squats/leg press/extensions/curls (all lower body of course). Squats is mainly how I feel, but usually don't do more than 8-10 of them and deadlifts. I'm really not trying to bulk my legs, as they're sizable now, I need the upper to match the lower. Just seems pointless to do THAT many reps (30+) though, IMO.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                              Purple Wraath
                              Green Magnitude
                              Orange Triad
                              White Flood
                              Blue Up
                              100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                              US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Working...