Taking Glycergrow post workout only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Glycergrow post workout only?

I have a problem with taking things before I workout. Food or supplements generally give me cramps and make me feel sick during my workouts, which is why I have to workout on a semi-empty stomach. Would GG still be beneficial to me if I take it only post workout? I am looking at purchasing GG, Green Magnitidude and Puprple Wraath. Thanks!

Originally posted by acesandeights
    I have a problem with taking things before I workout. Food or supplements generally give me cramps and make me feel sick during my workouts, which is why I have to workout on a semi-empty stomach. Would GG still be beneficial to me if I take it only post workout? I am looking at purchasing GG, Green Magnitidude and Puprple Wraath. Thanks!

NOt nearly as efficent IMO, and probbaly downright pointless. And if you do take it post workout I would not do more than 2 scoops.
    + =

Comment

There would be minimal effects as far as recovery, and virtually no effects that I can see for the hyperhydration and volumization. I would recommend trying to put it in some yogurt or something to make it edible for you preworkout.

SCT
      Back to the basics!

Comment

Pointless post-workout.....------->

The advantage of beginning an exercise hyperhydrated is that it will delay or eliminate the onset of hypohydration if one fails to completely replace its sweat losses during exercise. Nevertheless––and I think it is unfortunate––the American College of Sports Medicine does not promote such a hydration strategy. Instead, it recommends that athletes begin any exercise euhydrated (a state of normal body water (see table at left) in the hope that they will avoid dehydration completely during exercise by consuming "fluids at a rate sufficient to replace all the water lost through sweating."

But given that most triathletes do not prevent dehydration during exercise, would it be possible or appropriate to think that, for certain athletic situations, it could be more advantageous for them to begin an exercise hyperhydrated? Probably yes! In fact, many studies have demonstrated that when athletes failed to adequately replace their sweat losses, those who began the exercise hyperhydrated, compared to euhydrated, improved at least one measure of cardiovascular function and/or temperature regulation.

So what kind of situations call for hyperhydration? Athletes should consider hyperhydration any time they "suspect" the exercise they intend to do could produce a loss of more than 1.5-2% of their body weight, or 2 to 3 pounds for a 150-pound person. Then, the decision to go forward with the hyperhydration procedure is made based on whether the advantages of hyperhydration are considered superior to its temporary disadvantages, which are an increased body weight, urine production and incidence of gastrointestinal discomfort.

Traditionally, the fluid of choice for hyperhydration has been water. But in the last five years, an increasing number of athletes are choosing to hyperhydrate exclusively with a glycerol solution (see table 2). Why? The kidneys are extremely efficient at rapidly excreting the excess water in water-induced hyperhydration, so the increase in total body water typically is transient. But when an athlete hyperhydrates with glycerol, its osmotic (soaking) property significantly reduces urine production and allows, during rest, to make the hyperhydration period last roughly twice as long. Proponents of glycerol argue that because its use allows an athlete to maintain an enhanced fluid reservoir for a longer period of time, cardiovascular and thermoregulatory functions will be better preserved during exercise, thereby improving exercise capacity. All this is fine, but what is glycerol exactly?
        + =

Comment

Thanks for the replies. What if you were to take it during your workouts?

Comment

Originally posted by acesandeights
            Thanks for the replies. What if you were to take it during your workouts?
            Yes, that's just fine.

Comment

So how does this sound:

GG + PW: Taken only during the workout (2 scoops of GG and 2 scoops of PW)
              GM: Taken only post workout (one full serving)

Comment

imo - you would benefit from the taurine pwo, tho the glycerol may not be fully utilized..

and that sounds solid A&8 -- my warning, 2 scoops glycergrow ruins during workout drinks.. i stick with 1 during.. 2 wraath + 4 xtend + 1 glycergrow = <3

Comment

Working...
                X