Look alright??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look alright??

I originally posted this on bb.com forums.. but didn't get any replies so I thought I may as well post it up here

I've got my diet and supps sorted so its just about the training. On a bulk currently so I'm getting 3700-4000calories daily.
    Current supps: multi, fish oil, whey, CL Green MAG and Purple Wraath

It's about time I changed things up and I've been meaning to try out an upper/lower, heavy/volume split. Since I've never used I thought I should get some opinions on it and see what I can change.
    Heavy days excercises will be 3sets keeping reps between 2-8, Volume will be 4-5sets per excercise with 1min rest in between each set, Reps at 8-15.

UPPER-HEAVY
    Bench/Incline
    Arnie Press/Military Press
    Deadlift/Bent over row
    Dips/Skullcrushers
    Shrugs/Upright row
    DB Curl

UPPER-VOLUME
    Bench/Incline
    Lat/Straight raises
    Reverse fly
    Pullups/lat pulldown
    Upright row
    Preacher/Isolation curl
    Dips

LOWER-HEAVY
    Squat
    Leg Press
    Lunges
    Calf raise (seated and standing)

LOWER-VOLUME
    Squat
    Calf Raise
    Lying leg curl
    leg extension
    Leg/calf press

Thoughts? suggestions??

Edit: Just thinking if deadlifts would fit better on lower days? Oh and main goal atm is to add some mass if that changes anything
    Last edited by wobemaster; 06-26-2008, 02:45 AM.

Maybe replace deads with rack pulls if for the upper body or do pendlay rows.

I had a similar program myself that I made good gains with. Would the exercises be performed in the order listed. And what would you say are your weaker bodyparts?
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Yeah more or less in that order, basically trying to work largest muscles first to smallest last.
      I think I am going to move deadlifts to lower and put in place bent over rows/t-bar rows since my back lacks a bit.

I also think that I'm going to scrap isolation excercises like the lat raises/preacher curl for compounds

My weaker parts= back/rear delts and calves

and another q, do you think theres any advantage in focusing each session more on a body part eg. for upper keep bench/military/a row and then add either: chest/tri, back/bi/forearm, delts/upper back??
      and then same for lower with deadlift/squat/lunge being staples and then adding either ham, quads or calves?
      or keep it similar to what it is?
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X