Need a Bulking program, any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Bulking program, any suggestions

Okay, my workout is not what I need right now, I need a good bulk workout and I like working my first reps low and heavy then droping weight to higher reps. I'm working out 4 or 5 days a week, but I can't squat, deadlift, or anything that may tweak the lower back.

I'm thinking chest/shoulders and arms days twice a week,

suggestions needed badly

thanx guys
    Last edited by Former_Fatkid; 07-25-2006, 04:52 PM.
    Ht: 6'1"
    Wt: 200 lb.s
    BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
    17% (8/2/06)
    Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Originally posted by Former_Fatkid
    I'm working out 4 or 5 days a week, but I can't squat, deadlift, or anything that may tweak the lower back.
    Damn I feel your pain bro... that right there is what will probably hold you back... so just be aware of that (doesn't mean you have to accept defeat by ANY means).

That's a TOUGH scenario... everything that comes to mind involves squats and deadlifts.... what about legpress ?

Comment

yeah i've got a good leg press machine that i'm comfortable using
      17% (8/2/06)
      Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

Comment

If you can't deadlift or squat you damn well better get awesome at weighted pullups, weighted dips, and military press.
        + =

Comment

if you can do a military press then you can deadlift (Most people think they need to go super heavy on deadlifts all the time)
          trap bar deadlifts are good too. take less strain off of the lower back and more stress on the legs and the grip is alot easier to maintain damn near perfect form. but the most important thing that anyone with a lower back injury should do aside from rest is look into polymetrics and any non weighted moves that strengthen the lower back AND abs(tighter abs take alot of stress off of the lower back)

i think the greatest thing about deadlifts is the potential to permenetly fuckyourself up big time. for one reason alone.
          it teaches you to learn proper form before you can go super heavy the reason most people leave it out of thir workouts is 1 that risk of getting hurt and 2 they cant show off with heavy weight
          i would take 2-3 months off and just work on getting the abs and lower back up to par. then start again lifting heavy just keep the reps high and the weight low and keep your form in check.

Comment

can you even go real super light and build progressively on the lifts?

or is the problem that ailes you that perment and painful?

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
              If you can't deadlift or squat you damn well better get awesome at weighted pullups, weighted dips, and military press.
              uh oh, i'm 2 heavy for that, so...................uh crap

Originally posted by jdiritto
              can you even go real super light and build progressively on the lifts?

or is the problem that ailes you that perment and painful?

Ummm, a herniated disc is bad, walking all day at work causes throbbing pains that radiate from the left side of my lower spine. It's really bad, sitting hurts, standing hurts, laying down in a factory is not a good idea.
              17% (8/2/06)
              Age 20

Comment

Originally posted by bis
                tighter abs take alot of stress off of the lower back
                ^^^^ this advice is GOLDEN... can't believe I didn't mention that... I'm slippin !!!

Comment

suggestions needed badly

Ht: 61"
                  Age 20
                  Call me crazy (I know Tank does) BUT why are you bulking at 20% bodyfat with back problems ? (no offense intended either... not by a long shot I'm just brainstorming here and wondering if that bodyfat is a small part of the problem / pain).

Comment

hence the attempt at a lean bulk, i am still overweight, but when i cut i don't have much muscle to show, call it ego, i'd like to have bigger muscles so that if I can continue losing weight theres actually something to reveal.

also, when at the PT today, I went post workout, and she said she was amazed that my back tightened up into a good form after the workout. She said it was amazing to see the progress in just 2 days

Also i should mention anytime i am successful at losing weight is when i do a lot of lifting, dieting and cardio doesnt work for me, i give up too fast.
                    Last edited by Former_Fatkid; 07-27-2006, 08:31 PM.
                    17% (8/2/06)
                    Age 20

Comment

work on posture sitting, walking, standing.. etc.. wiill h elp alot with lower back problems...

maybe a chiropractor too...could work that shiz into place? idk, just a thought...

Comment

been to a chriropractor for a month, now i'm trying to actively fix it,
                        17% (8/2/06)
                        Age 20

Comment

uh oh, i'm 2 heavy for that, so...................uh crap

And you'll always be too heavy for them with that attitude. You don't have to start with weights attached, just use BW and work your way up with reps.
                          + =

Comment

I believe a full fledged cut to at least 12% is important for you Mr Former Fatkid. You need to be realistic and put your body at a lower bodyfat for a while to get better gains. You are carrying unnecessary weight right now. After you get to 12% you can start thinking about lean bulking the rest of the way. Then you probably won't have back problems and you might be able to do a pullup. If you can't get disciplined enough for that then....
                            The Untergrund...from 157lb civilian to 5'10 192lbs of guerilla warfare mechanic guarding the Republic of Korea

Lead follow or get out of the way.

I FULLY ENDORSE GREEN MAGNITUDE
                            If it has liquid in it I probably slipped some Green Mag in it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=spirit3530

Comment

a year or two ago I would be doing 2 sets of 3 chin ups, pull ups... i could dip alot cos i did them in HS but never chins or pulls...

now I can rep out sets of 10 each easy
                              its just a matter of dedication.

Comment

Working...
                              X