• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Leg Workout

I dare you to try this.

Leg Curls

3 sets 20 reps

This is to get your legs warm and toasty for what is to come and also help pre-exhaust the target muscles. Leg curls provide a nice contraction on the hamstrings and also compliment the exercises that follow quite well.

Leg Extensions

3 sets 25 reps

Go for the burn around the 18th rep. Keep the weight nice and light and use a slow and controlled motion. This will get help get your knees nice and lubricate for what is to come as well as pre-exhaust. Why not do these at the end like it is usually recommended? The answer is that this is not the bread and butter of the workout and also, you’ll be too tired to do these at the end!

Stiff Leg Deadlift

3 sets 15 reps

This is the hamstring-master. Take a shoulder-width stance and come down nice and controlled focusing on pushing your hips back rather than bending at the waste with a very slight bend in the knees. Come to where your upper torso is parallel and come back up smooth and controlled.

Lunges

4 sets 20 reps EACH LEG

Yes, you read that right. 40 total reps for 4 sets. I am man enough to admit that I use the bar only. You can either do walking lunges or alternate stationary lunges. If large, toned legs and a shapely butt are goals of yours, these MUST be done! Who doesn’t want a great ass?

One Legged Leg Press

4 sets 15-20 reps each leg

This takes a lot of pressure off of the lower back and really hits the whole leg nicely. Place one foot on the floor and the other on the platform and perform the movement. After the lunges, your quads and glutes will be on fire!

Squats

4 sets 15-20 reps

The king of all exercises. Go light as you will be a bit unstable by now and rep it out. Come just below parallel in a smooth, controlled motion.

Standing Calf Raises

4 sets 25 reps

Drop the weight and rep it out! Smooth and controlled with a full range of motion. These will burn really bad.

Cardio

Did he just say CARDIO?

We recommend 20-35 minutes of low intensity cardio at 120-140 heart-rate to facilitate recovery and nutrient flow. Yes, even after this hellish workout!

I already get enough nausea on leg day.

I would be spilling my guts all over the gym if I tried that. I think if I megadosed PW it wouldn’t be a problem, but how could anyone seriously do cardio without barfing after. Or are you supposed to barf at any point? lol

Comment

i tried it today.. got to lunges and my left leg died.. i literally locked up and couldnt do a single lunge on the 2nd set..

i can barely walk right now.. i might call off work tonight lol

Comment

i used to do a circuit similar to this and then run my 5 mile afterwards. very nauseating at first, but you work through it.

after a few workouts you shouldnt lock up

Comment

the high reps killed me at first.. im used to doing 10 or 12 on everything xcept the main core lifts (bench, squat, leg press, deadlift)

doin 20 leg curl, than 25 leg ext.. i had to do to drop sets everytime cos i picked to heavy of a weight.. by 15 it was hurtin so i woudl go to the lower pin

Comment

Is that the 'rollin on dubs' workout from the Scivation crew? I do that exact workout once a month when I want to really KILL my legs.

SCT
            Back to the basics!

Comment

1) The workout order is very solid for size (NOT strength).. it isn't the rep range that will make / break you.

2) Tha cardio afterwards is a joke IMO

Comment

That seems like alot of work, unless you have freak test levels I would think it would just cause you to overtrain

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  1) The workout order is very solid for size (NOT strength).. it isn't the rep range that will make / break you.

2) Tha cardio afterwards is a joke IMO
                  What he said! Move squats to the top. You don't want to hurt yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ozcoltsfan
                    What he said! Move squats to the top. You don't want to hurt yourself.
                    Actually the squat placement works very well in this workout, helps you learn to lift through fatigue too.

SCT
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

i dont know i am just not a fan of training with crazy volume, i find i have much better results with weight close to my rep max and low volume done frequantly
                      i dont think i have seen results nearly as good as when i did bill stars 5x5
                      Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Looks like a good way to hurt yourself unless you're already packing some serious size! Bad routine IMO for anybody not at a pro bb'ing level.
                        + =

Comment

Well I will let you all know in the moring how it goes, planning on a 5AM workout with this just to try it.

Comment

wow, i was just browsing through here and noticed this post that looks like one intense leg workout i might just have to try it soon looks like a killer i will post up when i do try it though

Littlefry
                            Black Hole Review
                            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1309

Comment

i dare you to try this: 50 sets of squats, 50 reps each... with just the bar..

tha'ts how I felt after reading that workout.. It sounds like some workout someone thought of to torture people with, not to induce growth.
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Working...
                              X